ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

Maybe I', wrong (it happens a lot) , but he seemed to be more like a patient than an employee. But I thought he was a sumo wrestler too, so what do I know? That the next month of reruns is going to suck ass.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It didn't imply "why" he was there. It could be he worked there.

Except he made that comment to his mother about him needing his privacy if things are to work out now that he's back home.

I definately think Hurley was a patient, not an employee. It also fits with the idea of everybody getting a new life on the island.

Interesting detail from last night's episode: The book Sawyer was reading was A Wrinkle In Time, by Madelaine L'Engel. I thought the cover of the book looked really familiar, but I couldn't place it, but someone on another forum pointed it out. For those that haven't read the book, here's a quick blurb:

Meg Murray, her little brother Charles Wallace, and their mother are having a midnight snack on a dark and stormy night when an unearthly stranger appears at their door. He claims to have been blown off course, and goes on to tell them that there is such a thing as a "tesseract," which, if you didn't know, is a wrinkle in time.

Meg's father had been experimenting with time-travel when he suddenly disappeared. Will Meg, Charles Wallace, and their friend Calvin outwit the forces of evil as they search through space for their father?

Hmmm....

newlogo.gif

Except he made that comment to his mother about him needing his privacy if things are to work out now that he's back home.

That doesn't mean he was a patient though :p

It could just mean he's a loser that couldn't make it on his own and had to return to the nest :o

In the episode Hurley mentions that his brother moved back with them after his wife went off with someone else (and I doubt that means the brother was previously crazy) ;)

That's true, but within the parameters of a drama, particularly like this, things usually seem to be mentioned for a reason.

Hurley has also made many vague references that could tie to his being in the mental ward.

newlogo.gif

Except for the fact we're missing cause and affect.

The numbers caused that one guy to go crazy, and thus it looks like that was the cause of Hurley's possible madness.

Since he got the numbers there, and if they are the cause of his mental derailment, then there must be a different reason as to why he was there initially :o

He also said he put his family "through alot" recently and wants to pay them back with the lotto money.

GREAT catch on the book.

O, and the doc also told hurley: I don't remember you and hugo being that close.

Hurley: Ya, we hung.

it all adds up to him seemingly like he spent time there and not just as a job. Based off what he told his mom about living with her, I'd bet he was self commited, hence got ot choose to leave.

seriously tho, how good is this show?

The show has become exceptionally good lately. For me it went through a mid-season lull and I kept forgetting to watch, but now I really look forward to it, the recent episodes have been superb.

Kumquat's rational for Hurley being a patient is my thinking on the matter as well. There's just so much that, in hindsight, suggests he was a patient. His forceful rejections that he's crazy, comments made like "Oh yeah, everyone thinks I'm easy-going Hurley" (something to that effect), and that sort of thing. It's vague, but when the mental ward is introduced, little fragments seem to fall into place in a larger picture for me.

So. Who's going to play those numbers in their next lottery? :thumbsup:

newlogo.gif

I kinda agree that its most likely he was a patient at some time. However the show has had a way of playing with what they show you in the flashbacks...I could see there being something more to the scenario.

Also it seems there may be even more ties between the crash survivors than we'd seen before; it was pointed out on another forum that Hurley owns a box company and Locke worked for one...odds seem to be they're the same company.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also it seems there may be even more ties between the crash survivors than we'd seen before; it was pointed out on another forum that Hurley owns a box company and Locke worked for one...odds seem to be they're the same company.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NICE! Didn't make that connection o:)

I should have tho, the stock guy told hurley "Everyone needs boxes", which is something Locke has said iirc.

In other connections regarding the numbers in question - 4 8 15 16 23 and 42. Wasn't the flight number 815?

Someone on another board decided to take a religious look at the numbers and came up with the following references from the Christian bible:

Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Matthew 8:15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.

Matthew 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Kind of interesting, but then Biblical passages are intended to be applicable to pretty much any situation. Still, it's intriguing to consider.

newlogo.gif

I ran across this looking for the looking for a Lost up-and-coming show schedule (aka looking for pics of Saiyd's chest hair :) ) and had to post it.

It's Saiyd in pimp gear ;) :

naveenandrews061bm.th.jpg

If this forum closes, let this be my legacy