ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

Puh-lease

Locke is an opportunist, that's hardly "pure good".

He's already started with the divide and conquer tactics on the group.

If anything Locke is the problem.

opportunist????

exactly how?

Did I miss an episode?

First, he didn't divide the group, Jack and Kate did. He is apparently slowly informing the group of whats really going on as he himself figures it out.

Let's see.

Keeping the hatch secret and attacking boone cause he wanted to tell his sister.

Telling boone not to make an enemy of Sayid cause they'll need him "on their side"

Giving Sayid a knife and convincing him Sawyer must have attacked him

Do I really need to go on? :)

But everything Locke does is for the benefit of the others, in a round about way.

Boone had an extremely unhealthy relationship and obsession with his step-sister. Locke got rid of that.

Telling the whole group about the hatch before knowing what it leads to would only cause mass panick and chaos amongst the survivors.

If I were stuck on that island, I too would want Sayid on my side. Sawyer is not a trustworthy person, so I would want him out of the picture.

So yes, a lot, maybe all, of what Locke does may appear to be self serving, but in the end he's helping others as well.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

ALias is better that last season, but I'm not enjoying the "new baddie" every week for no particular reason thing.

I actually liked season 3. It wasn't nearly as good as season 1 or 2, but then again, how do you follow up that? Season 3's ending was very weak.

To me it just seems like JJ Abrahms out did himself with Alias 1 and 2, and now in season 4 he's running out of ideas. So far it just seems like the episodes are repeats, but with different outfits and music.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

If I were stuck on that island, I too would want Sayid on my side. Sawyer is not a trustworthy person, so I would want him out of the picture.

actually that lead to Sayid finding the french women

Locke is like a prophet or something now

"Sent out of Paradise Garden for they sins,

the First Couple stole fruits from every tree they passed

on their way to the gate, so as to spite their creator.

And outside the Garden, crouched against the Wall,

they gorged upon the Fruits, eating one after other,

until their bodies sickened with excess of it,

and they puked them up.

And the Seeds of the Fruits were spilled in the dirt,

and from them came Monsters of the World,

Who were born in filth,

And never knew there was such a thing as Love."

Good ol

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

• 2 weeks later...

For you fans of the llama song as well as Lost fans:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/sawyer.php

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Last night's episode was pretty dull. The whole thing was a tedious set up to, wonder of wonders, a big fight. Again.

The backstory to Charlie seemed mostly like filler, and could have been pared back to one flashback; yes, we get the idea that he's looking for control of a situation and to look after someone, no need to beat it over our heads. Speaking of that character, I find it very suspect he was able to find a black handgun in the muddy area of a fight at night in the rain and, with no firearms training, be able to shoot Ethan down like that.

A small detail in the show, but does anyone know if any of the writers for Lost are fans of The Office? I noticed that Charlie's "love interest" said her father was away to buy a paper company in Slough. A paper company in Slough (UK) being the setting of The Office.

I'm beginning to wonder if they're stranded in Newfoundland. It's possible a polar bear could wander down from the northern area of Labrador, it would explain Ethan as he's from Ontario, explain the crazy French woman, and also explain why no-one is looking for them.

I think soon they're going to run into someone who says they're From Town.

newlogo.gif

A small detail in the show, but does anyone know if any of the writers for Lost are fans of The Office? I noticed that Charlie's "love interest" said her father was away to buy a paper company in Slough. A paper company in Slough (UK) being the setting of The Office.

I think Abrams(if that is his name, the guy who made alias) is a fan of office. I remember reading some stuff that new baddie in alias would be some regular from office, because of this.

Edit: Linky

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Speaking of that character, I find it very suspect he was able to find a black handgun in the muddy area of a fight at night in the rain and, with no firearms training, be able to shoot Ethan down like that.

eh...I think your over thinking that one.

That episode was pretty good ;)

I've lost a lot of sympathy for Sawyer though.

I thought the Jacks dad bit was GRRRRREAT.

How do you lose sympathy for Sawyer? I thought it made him a even more tragic figure. I mean, I wouldn't blame him for killing the guy who F'ed his parents, he just got badly tricked.

tho he did stiff jack with daddy info, but there is numerous possible reasons for that.

I'm starting to think Alias is a lost cause at this point.

"Lost" cause is a interesting way to put it, as I think the only thing holding up Alias at this point is having Lost as it's lead in