Sparring and Practice Duels

At some point in the first game I found myself wishing that I could spar with Bastilla, Jolee, or Juhani.

Practice duels could have carried a limit of exp points, and then required that you reach another level before being allowed to spar again.

It would have helped you balance out your character and the other members of your party by knowing their strengths and weaknesses in combat as well.

Perhaps in sparring mode you could experiment with other FEATS and POWERS so that when you level up you would know which ones would enhance your character and your party best.

Maybe you could earn free bonus FEATS and POWERS if the Jedi in your party teach them to you in sparring mode.

Just a thought.

I'm hoping they'll have other Jedi character's teach you stuff in the game; after all, a big theme is apparently the Master/apprentice relationship. It's also never been done that a PC taught an NPC a thing or two about combat, and would be an interesting change of pace. We're the Savior or something, why don't we teach the others around us a skill or two along the way if we're so much more great and powerful than they are?

Wow, OldSkool actually agrees with an idea.

Call the freaking national guard.

:)

Where did you get the idea that I hate everybody's ideas? Just because I didn't want a Yoda species in TSL? I think you are taking my comments too personally, I mean, I really wanted another Yoda a little while back, then I changed my mind...no big whoop... :huh:

Sparring would be cool if you could make dialogue choices that effect your NPC's alignment. You could encourage the NPC to embrace their hatred or be at peace in order to better themselves. I think it would be cool to say to an NPC during a duel, "Give into your anger. It is the only way you will ever be able to unleash your true power!"

Cheers!

With the rewards system (free feats and powers), couldn't you see it getting overpowered. maybe in sparring you can gain specialization in a single technique (+1 bonus whenever you use a certain move for example flurry). I've seen it in other systems. And I might have seen it in SW d20. Don't remember for sure.

With the rewards system (free feats and powers), couldn't you see it getting overpowered. maybe in sparring you can gain specialization in a single technique (+1 bonus whenever you use a certain move for example flurry). I've seen it in other systems. And I might have seen it in SW d20. Don't remember for sure.

I don't really think that we mean a ton...one or two will be fine...this being for the whole game.... ;)

If you're a consular, 1 or especially 2 bonus feats makes a really big difference. i don't think that it should something as big and awesome as feats. Thus i suggest the small bonus to a particular manuever (stackable bonuses).

Thi idea of sparring duels is great, but I think it is aplicable only to guardians. If you are consular, you almost don't use your lightsable, so you should practice force powers - imagine "dueling" using force powers with jedi NPC. It will be real fun :p

Nik.

I agree, but you didn't use saber much with consulars? I did alot. They're good enough to handle your average sith and stuff, but you can't go toe to toe with Malak.

Then this is where you use force wave alot. All those force points make it easy.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Thi idea of sparring duels is great, but I think it is aplicable only to guardians. If you are consular, you almost don't use your lightsable, so you should practice force powers - imagine "dueling" using force powers with jedi NPC. It will be real fun :p

Nik.

Force lightning each other, but of course you have shields on so they don't die........or do they? :p:lol:

I agree, but you didn't use saber much with consulars?  I did alot.  They're good enough to handle your average sith and stuff, but you can't go toe to toe with Malak.

Then this is where you use force wave alot. All those force points make it easy.

TripleRRR

I was refering to an earlier post where someone said they almost never used sabers with consulars and that saber sparring isn't that applicable to consulars.

Consulars are quite compotent with sabers.

I think that depending on who you fight, you could have a different type of competition (vs. a consular guy force, versus guardian saber, and versus a soldier guns). Maybe something like you choose 1 out of three possible opponents. Then you fight your person. Each time you win the fights get progressively harder. Items can't be used btw. ANyway, you have maybe 5 fights with each person (with 1st really easy and 5th nearly impossible). When you win the 5th, you get the +1 thing.