View Developer Posts

Squidget

The Bioware Forums have an extremely handy feature that allows you to see whether a topic has developer posts at a glance. These posts are indicated by a Bioware logo next to them. You can also click on this logo to view only the developer posts in the topic, along with a warning that they should not be taken out of context.

This is an extremely useful feature for fishing out developer posts, and I'd love to see it added to the Obsidian forums.

I'm sure it would also make Mayseth's job over at NWVault that much easier. :p

Feel free to steal this sig.

The Bioware Forums have an extremely handy feature that allows you to see whether a topic has developer posts at a glance.  These posts are indicated by a Bioware logo next to them.  You can also click on this logo to view only the developer posts in the topic, along with a warning that they should not be taken out of context.

This is an extremely useful feature for fishing out developer posts, and I'd love to see it added to the Obsidian forums.

I'm sure it would also make Mayseth's job over at NWVault that much easier. :p

That's one thing out of how many bad things on the Bioboards?

1. Lets see, they can only ban Usernames....some say that they can ban CD-Keys; and Priestly went so far as to say they really CAN ban IP addies, but I've gone through four trolling aliases so far, just for the hell of it....and all they've done is ban my username....I even used the exact same CD-Key when I signed up again. That's pathetic.

2. Draconian, zero tolerance banning policy. I haven't even got a warning before they banned me with my last trolling account....even though what I did wasn't all that bad, and I hadn't given any indication that I was the same person as before. :lol:

3. No displaying images. This just freaking sucks, I don't know any other way of putting it.

4. They don't even allow you to TALK about mods for KotOR. This also....just sucks. We're allowed to do it all we want on the Lucas Forums...they even have entire sections dedicated to it....yet Lucasarts hasn't contacted THEM and threatened to shut them down; really not sure what Bio's talking about when they say LA would press chages.

Personally, I agree that it's a handy feature, but right now, Obsidian's heads and tails above the Bioboards.....though it's degenerating moreso every day into Bioboards 2.0. :( I don't even go inside the NWN2 section, for fear of the fanbois. :ph34r:

~SoE

I agree with Squidget. This would be a useful feature to add to the search function. I would have used it quite a few times myself. I was searching for info concerning Kotor2 to post some news at starwarsknights.com... I ended up clicking on the devs name and looking for their posts but that took forever.

@ Servant of Eru: trolling is childish, immature and disrespectful towards other users. I really don't see the point in doing this, even if you don't agree with their policies (and you certainly know what I think about the mod discussion policy in the Kotor forums :unsure: ).

2. Draconian, zero tolerance banning policy. I haven't even got a warning before they banned me with my last trolling account....even though what I did wasn't all that bad, and I hadn't given any indication that I was the same person as before.

You don't need to give any indication...they can verify it.

For images, you can post a url link. This is what I do most of the time, even when we can post images.

1.  Lets see, they can only ban Usernames....some say that they can ban CD-Keys; and Priestly went so far as to say they really CAN ban IP addies, but I've gone through four trolling aliases so far, just for the hell of it....and all they've done is ban my username....I even used the exact same CD-Key when I signed up again.  That's pathetic.

*shrug* Can't say I've ever seen evidence for or against this, other than Visc being banned a few times. However, I know for a fact they can ban CD-keys from logging into their master server (as the master server for the website is the same one used for logging into NWN). Perhaps they just usually don't?

2.  Draconian, zero tolerance banning policy.  I haven't even got a warning before they banned me with my last trolling account....even though what I did wasn't all that bad, and I hadn't given any indication that I was the same person as before.  :blink: 

But used the same CD-key, and trolled with it in the past? That stuff isn't hard to figure out, and frankly I much prefer the more moderated feel of the BioBoards to the "You can get away with anything" feel of Obsidian. That's the developer's choice though.

3.  No displaying images.  This just freaking sucks, I don't know any other way of putting it. 

Never really had a problem with it, personally. I just post links to images when I need 'em.

4.  They don't even allow you to TALK about mods for KotOR.  This also....just sucks.  We're allowed to do it all we want on the Lucas Forums...they even have entire sections dedicated to it....yet Lucasarts hasn't contacted THEM and threatened to shut them down; really not sure what Bio's talking about when they say LA would press chages. 

I agree, this sucks.

Anyway, enough hijacking.

Feel free to steal this sig.

1.  Lets see, they can only ban Usernames....some say that they can ban CD-Keys; and Priestly went so far as to say they really CAN ban IP addies, but I've gone through four trolling aliases so far, just for the hell of it....and all they've done is ban my username....I even used the exact same CD-Key when I signed up again.  That's pathetic. 

2.  Draconian, zero tolerance banning policy.  I haven't even got a warning before they banned me with my last trolling account....even though what I did wasn't all that bad, and I hadn't given any indication that I was the same person as before.  :blink: 

So what you are saying is

"I'm a 10 year old kiddy that wants attention and I register fake accounts at other boards and troll until they ban me and brag about it on other boards so my new friends will find me cool".

I remember seeing the 9/11 "happy new york bombing day" post from your BooYa98 alt on the KotOR board and failed to see anything cool or funny there, just a sick little kiddy in need of attention - and the other posts for that alt aren't really bright at all - so better stop bragging about how cool you are.

I hope Obsidian is going to ban you from their boards and I sent a PM to one of the BioMods to make sure they see this thread here - then we can find out if they can really delete your CDKey or not.

"I'm a 10 year old kiddy that wants attention and I register fake accounts at other boards and troll until they ban me and brag about it on other boards so my new friends will find me cool".

I remember seeing the 9/11 "happy new york bombing day" post from your BooYa98 alt on the KotOR board and failed to see anything cool or funny there, just a sick little kiddy in need of attention - and the other posts for that alt aren't really bright at all - so better stop bragging about how cool you are.

I hope Obsidian is going to ban you from their boards and I sent a PM to one of the BioMods to make sure they see this thread here - then we can find out if they can really delete your CDKey or not.

Wow....you're amazing. I am in awe of your astute powers of observation....maybe if the devs at Bio were half as smart as you, they wouldn't be having you register via the UPC, that's on the OUTSIDE of the box for KotOR.....and have you ever thought that maybe I took on a different posting style with that alias just to throw people off? If you've read anything I've said on this board I would have certainly thought you'd have caught on....some people. The only reason I started trolling those forums, is because I remember how fun they used to be shortly after KotOR was released....and then they got stricter and stricter....and started banning anyone who found fault with the mods or admins! For Bog's sakes, Sniper69, who I'm a friend of, got banned for calling the volunteer mods rent-a-mods......that was hilarious....never did understand how they didn't see the humor in that, and we had to start and damned petition to get him unbanned. Sheesh. ;)

Wow....you're amazing.  I am in awe of your astute powers of observation....maybe if the devs at Bio were half as smart as you, they wouldn't be having you register via the UPC, that's on the OUTSIDE of the box for KotOR.....

Power of observation? You posted that alt yourself here on the boards and giggled about how cool you were. Need a reminder?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...56entry142456

When I first saw the post I thought "the world is full of little ****" - it doesn't take much to remember **** like that.

and have you ever thought that maybe I took on a different posting style with that alias just to throw people off? 

No, your mental capabilities don't support that conclusion. Maybe read your post on the other forum again, the one where you tout about how smart you are using different styles and how cool the post was that got that account banned.

I didn't think it was cool at all to post "Happy New York Bombing Day" on 9/11 into a forum frequented by US citizens.

If you've read anything I've said on this board I would have certainly thought you'd have caught on....some people.  The only reason I started trolling those forums, is because I remember how fun they used to be shortly after KotOR was released....and then they got stricter and stricter....and started banning anyone who found fault with the mods or admins!  For Bog's sakes, Sniper69, who I'm a friend of, got banned for calling the volunteer mods rent-a-mods......that was hilarious....never did understand how they didn't see the humor in that, and we had to start and damned petition to get him unbanned.  Sheesh.  :blink:

What's that - an excuse for childish behavior? Grow up, that helps.

What's that - an excuse for childish behavior? For posting "Happy new york bombing day on 9/11 into a forum frequented by US citizens"?

Believe it or not, I'm a US citizen as well, and am fully sympathetic with those who lost loved ones in that all out act of war against the US. Fact is, that's what it was, AN ACT OF WAR. I suggest you check this POST for more information as to why I did what I did.

Anyhow, after having been convinced by Darth333 that trolling is an immature habit, however much fun it may be for a time, I have stopped, and posted a thread HERE as a farewell to whoever still posts on those boards that cares, and also has tips on how to better ban repeat trollers. :blink:

Quite honestly, I can't see how they didn't see the problem with using a code that's located on the OUTSIDE of a box as their only system of banning from their forums....especially considering how it only took me moment's thought to figure out how I can have unlimited 'ban free' codes for use with new aliases. Hopefully a mod or two will see the thread I posted, and realize the truth in what I said....if not, eh, doesn't really matter much to me. <shrugs>

If you really want to know the real reason why I made that thread under the alias of BooYa98; it's because I'm tired of people boosting ratings, and selling t-shirts, and scamming people out of money for fake memorials in the name of a tragedy.....which I still stand by as an act of war against the US.  I don't care what you say...but vendors, and television stations, and construction companies aren't treating it as a loss....they're treating it as a means to capitalize and make more money....much like Christmas, but to a lesser extent.  Therefore I thought the title of the thread was appropriate.  I don't care what you think of me......your twelve posts....two or three of which were made in reprimand of me.....against my almost 1k posts....take you pick, the people here know me, and those in the thread where I admitted I posted that thread on the Bioboards held nothing against me.  :)

You are still a childish troll and I still think this community deserves better than you - 1k posts or not.

And you're someone who quotes private messages which are by definition private. It was meant as a peaceful offering, and considering you've been in this community for a much shorter time than I....I question your thoughts of what this community deserves.....quoting PMs....that is a path that should gain you respect mighty fast. :blink: Close this thread please, the original purpose has been stated, I have stopped my trolling at the behest of Darth333, and been knocked down a couple of notches to boot. Never a bad thing, need to keep the ego in check and all. :rolleyes:

If you really want to know the real reason why I made that thread under the alias of BooYa98; it's because I'm tired of people boosting ratings, and selling t-shirts, and scamming people out of money for fake memorials in the name of a tragedy.....which I still stand by as an act of war against the US.  I don't care what you say...but vendors, and television stations, and construction companies aren't treating it as a loss....they're treating it as a means to capitalize and make more money....much like Christmas, but to a lesser extent.  Therefore I thought the title of the thread was appropriate.  I don't care what you think of me......your twelve posts....two or three of which were made in reprimand of me.....against my almost 1k posts....take you pick, the people here know me, and those in the thread where I admitted I posted that thread on the Bioboards held nothing against me.  :rolleyes:

So now it's I was not really trolling or trying to get banned, I wanted to make an idealistic statement against people exploiting 9/11. Sure.

Sounded different in the other thread where you boasted about how cool it is to register under multiple alts and use different styles in your trollpost.

Nice backpeddle. I'll quote you again since you chose to edit your name calling. :blink:

Yes, I trolled. Yes, it was fun for a time. Yes, it was immature, I'm only a kid, though an extremely intelligent one. Yes, that particular post, was a political statement of sorts, I'm a very politically active person. It's really a shame I'm not allowed to vote this election, considering I know more than alot of people twice my age about the candidates. There were many, many posts before that that were flat out trolling...probably the ones you referred to as unintelligent. You're not the first person I told the above to. But it was also in PM, and unlike you, I don't quote things said in private, it's common courtesy. <_<

I'm only a kid, though an extremely intelligent one. 

Another good one, you might end up becoming a comedian. IQ doesn't mean postcount, in case you didn't figure that out.

But you're right, it takes no rocket scientist to see your IQ through all the troll posts you made with your alts. I wonder how many alts you have here to discuss things with yourself, I think Obsidian should investigate that a bit.

One actually, I used it once while I was on post moderation, probably shouldn't have...but I did. The name of it is The Phoenix87, just like that alt on the Bioboards. Haven't used it in I don't know how long though. Don't really feel like hiding anything anymore....if I get banned, it's not the end of the world, and there's plenty of other communities I'm a member of where I'm respected. Should be fairly easy for you to find at least one of them if you Google my current username. :blink:

<Edit>Oddly enough, I can't find it, I did a search, as I wished to post a link. It appears it's already been found and deleted. </Edit>

newbie_prez.jpg

^_^

manthing2.jpg

"....and then they got stricter and stricter"

Bull. The BIO baords have always been 'strick". The mainr eaosn for this being they have many board members so they don't have the time to waste on trolls. Mind you, their banning practcies aren't eprect; but some people deserved to be banned including the one whining in this thread. Boo hoo..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but...

1. Lets see, they can only ban Usernames....some say that they can ban CD-Keys; and Priestly went so far as to say they really CAN ban IP addies, but I've gone through four trolling aliases so far, just for the hell of it....and all they've done is ban my username....I even used the exact same CD-Key when I signed up again. That's pathetic.

The only reason for the CD registration is to keep those who have played the game from hopefully mixing in the forums with those who haven't, thus cutting down on the spoilers. It's not to tag anyone or keep track of anyone, it's to keep those nasty spoiler demons at bay. Thus, if you rent the game, or buy a used one, you'll still be able to access the forums, even if the CD-Key for that game has already been used. Banning by CD Key is rather a waste of time, anyway. Banning by username is much faster, a great boon for those at Bioware, considering they are also the devs and QA guys. Most people get the hint after going through the trouble of creating one alternate.

2. Draconian, zero tolerance banning policy. I haven't even got a warning before they banned me with my last trolling account....even though what I did wasn't all that bad, and I hadn't given any indication that I was the same person as before. 

I think you answered your own question. Your "last trolling account". A simple IP verification showed it was you, along with checking the CD key, so why should they bother with a warning? You know that you're in their sights, you know that you'll be a lot less likely to get away with anything even marginal considering your past history. Warnings are a courtesy, not mandatory.

3. No displaying images. This just freaking sucks, I don't know any other way of putting it.

Posting images sucks up enormous amounts of bandwidth. Too many images for a board the size of Bioware's would bog it down, and create gigantic costs.

4. They don't even allow you to TALK about mods for KotOR. This also....just sucks. We're allowed to do it all we want on the Lucas Forums...they even have entire sections dedicated to it....yet Lucasarts hasn't contacted THEM and threatened to shut them down; really not sure what Bio's talking about when they say LA would press chages.

The LucasForums are not an official KoTOR forum. They are for the fans and by the fans. Official Lucas policy does not apply. The reasons why Bioware cannot discuss that are moot. LucasArts told them not to, they can't, end of story. Come on, if anyone were mod friendly, it would be Bioware. They created a game solely for the purpose of modding, after all.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I'd attempt to write the hack for this myself to practice my php coding but  not sure if it'd be of any use.  This forum is based off invision 1.3 isn't it?

Most definitely considering that it was when they started them, and after they 'upgraded' it was more or less the same with a couple tweaks. Go for it. :)