Note to Developers: DON'T FREAKING KILL REVAN!

Honestly, I know it's the easy way out, but keee-rist almighty if it's also the most predictable and lamest. I hate the idea of going through all that work in KOTOR just to have my main character bumped off as a plot inconvenience in the sequel. Keep him behind a mask, have us see him at a distance, whatever.....Just don't take the wimpy way out and kill him.

I know it's already too late to effect this one way or another, so if you have in fact killed Revan, let me place this as my pre-release howl of anger and annoyance, and know that I wish the person who made that design decision will spend the afterlife swimming in the dung of a thousand camels. Thank you. :p

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

They won

They won't kill Bastila...but Revan's customizability is a great big thorn in Obsidian's side they may just decide to pluck out. It's like trying to write a sequel to a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book

That is what the whole first part of the game is about. Telling the game how the last one ended. It will not have all the little things that happened, but the major story events should be there. There is no real reason to kill Reven.

That said how does how he look inpact if he is dead?

Edit: Reading again I really don't get what you were trying to say.

That said how does how he look inpact if he is dead?

Do you really think Obsidian is going to introduce an entire system for choosing a character's face (that is, Revan's face) just so it'll match up with what Revan looked like to you? It would be a nice touch....but it would be far simpler to either keep him/her safely behind a mask, or just kill him/her, removing the possibility that their Revan contradicts your Revan on any level.

Do you follow me now?

I think the bigger problem with Revan, moreso than the appearance, is the choice of voice.

I mean, as you stated, to hide his appearance and avoid "hey! that's not what he looked like when I played him", they can throw on a mask or a hood.

But if he's in the game, most main characters have "speaking" parts. So the tough choice would be what kind of voice to give him, if at all. Unless, of course, he's become mute and has Bastila or HK-47 speak for him.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

just kill him and remove the previously mentioned thorn.

God I hope your not my doctor....

You'll never know until it's too late.

I think the bigger problem with Revan, moreso than the appearance, is the choice of voice.

I mean, as you stated, to hide his appearance and avoid "hey! that's not what he looked like when I played him", they can throw on a mask or a hood.

But if he's in the game, most main characters have "speaking" parts. So the tough choice would be what kind of voice to give him, if at all. Unless, of course, he's become mute and has Bastila or HK-47 speak for him.

Not as big a problem as you might think. Your character did talk in the first one; it's just his/her dialogue was pretty much limited to battle cries and critical hit remarks ('That must have hurt!')

So, just find whoever did those brief snippets and give 'em more dialogue to do. :p

but it would be far simpler to either keep him/her safely behind a mask, or just kill him/her, removing the possibility that their Revan contradicts your Revan on any level.

The behind a mask/in the back is fine, but killing Revan off would really contradict MY Revan. :D

as stated, the whole first part of the sequel is to piece together the MAIN points of the first game. obviously you want be putting together the appearance or class of revan from the first game. you'd just be saying either light or dark side, savior or destroyer. not little side quest details like did he do rukil's apprentice mission or whether or not he found sunry guilty or innocent. the underlying story in the sequel is revan after the first game. whether they kill him off or not really doesn't matter IMO.

I don't think Revan should be killed either. I'm not sure how the "problem" about him/her could be solved, unless we're given the choice of once again playing him/her in a KOTOR 3 or so. However, regardless I think we should see one or two glimpses of Revan in KOTOR 2, hidden by a mask or something (even if I wouldn't know why a LS Revan would use a mask :rolleyes:). Or at the VERY least, I think we should find one or two clues about him/her in the game, perhaps a diary or a couple of journals hidden somewhere, something that gives us a clue about what he/she is doing right now, but I wouldn't want it to end with Revan beign dead :(

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

(even if I wouldn't know why a LS Revan would use a mask :rolleyes:).

If I were a man walking around in that girly-white Star Forge Robe, I'd wear a mask from shame.

Another question I just thought up; is Revan Male or Female? I mean, each would have a somewhat different (alhtough not much) ties with Bastila.  :rolleyes:

*Shrughs* Revan is what you choose him/her to be. And in any circumstance, they do share a certain bound altrough it has various sides; if you played her romance, then you're lovers and it's as simple as that. If you didn't then she's either Revan's apparentice or his/her friend.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Another question I just thought up; is Revan Male or Female? I mean, each would have a somewhat different (alhtough not much) ties with Bastila. :rolleyes:

I think that it will be recides on what answer you give to Atton Rand at Peragus:

-"What did you know about Revan?"

1. "Well, i followed him and blahblahblahblah...."

2. "Well, i followed her and blablablablabl..."

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've heard that the past story is decided through questions and answers in the begining of the game. For instance.

ANONOMOUS CHARACTER: So you worked with Reven when he was defeating the mandalorians!? That's awesome!

Your Possible answers

1)Yes, that's exactly right

2)Sort of, but Reven was a woman you sexist pig! (well the sexest part wouldn't be there :D )

See, then all they have to do is put Reven in a mask and record all the lines with both a male and female voice actor.

Another way they could do it (i've seen this done in various Game Boy RPG's) They could have two character creation segments, the first being yourself with all the new building tools, the second would be the same creation system as in the first game (portraites and all) which would be reven.

The next problem comes with the question "Is Reven going to be good or evil"

That could be solved with the question answer system.

Anyway, Reven might not even be in this one for all we know, they could be saving it for a later play date.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

(even if I wouldn't know why a LS Revan would use a mask :rolleyes:).

If I were a man walking around in that girly-white Star Forge Robe, I'd wear a mask from shame.

Agreed.

And I honestly think that they won't kill Revan, but that he/she will only be referenced by other returning NPCs, such as Bastila and/or HK.

I think we'll hear of him/her, but we won't see him/her. Logistically it's too tough. For all the reasons mentioned by other folks above.

Just because HK speaks to you and happens to belong to Reven, does not mean that he has to be next to Reven.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Isn't it also possible not to buy HK? ;)

Yes, but like killing Bastila, the odds are against it. They can't incorporate every eventuality, so I'm guessing HK will be considered to have been bought in KOTOR.