Star Forge?

Those of you who have beaten KOTOR 1 know that there was a pretty huge difference between the LS/DS endings.

Since you supposedly define the events of KOTOR in the beginning of sith lords..... I'm seeing two *very* different games here.

For example, it seems like if you went with the dark side ending you can expect bastila/revan to be among the sith lords you face, with the star forge backing them up.

If you went with the lightside and destroyed the forge, how are the sith still winning? They must have hade some tricks up their sleeves.

And then there are the different paths you can take from the different kotor endings.... LS ending going dark side...... LS end going LS, DS end going LS..... lots of combinations here.

If anybody can pull this off, the crew at obsidian can. But if they actually DO pull this off, it's going to blow my mind, and the replay value will be astronomical... Discuss..

Okay, they don't necessarily have the SF to back them up, that's an assumption, and I think a wrong one at that...Revan and Bastila don't have to be SL...a rebellion within the confines of the Sith could have killed Bastila, made Revan sad, so after his one true love died, he self destructed the SF...There were always Sith out there...they weren't all in the SF when it blew up...

The Star Forge's power was harnessed by Malak, once the republic knew of its existence you can make a pretty safe bet that it would be a very high priority target. So, potentially, the SF could have been blasted, or at least decomissioned.

The Sith had a powerful fleet and people swarming to their cause so even without the SF they could present a serious threat.

As OSW said, the Sith could have fractured after the SF events and caused upset in the ranks.

With 2 endings in KOTOR a story which starts off differently, but converges at a point to branch out later according to actions in the game isn't too difficult to invision.

Don't forget that as well as the different LS/DS ending/beginning combinations

there will also be differences depending on the pc's gender. Apparantly there are some uniqe party members that can only join you if you are a certain gender.

This means even more replayability :D

Think about that, 8 games in one! Has this ever been attempted before?

The Star Forge played its role well as a Death-Star clone, I think we should move on. The massive fleet that was already generated will be enough of a headache.

I wonder.. If there was a civil war among the Sith after Revan's return and the Star Forge somehow was destroyed, then one'd think that the forces of the Sith, including that mssive fleet, would have dropped somewhat at this point at least.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Don't forget that after the mandalorian war a significant section of the Republic fleet joined the Sith. That means that TOR have their ships reduced. The SF built lots of ships for the Sith and the Sith handed TOR a lot of defeats before the SF event. That means that, while TOR has a bigger economy and more fleet yards, that they're still going to have a big dent in their fleet. Plus they have politics and a huge border to interfere with any strong counter-offensive, while the smaller sith dominated space has a strong fleet already, and while they may have lost the SF they can still produce more ships from captured fleet yards, or deserting armies.

Pretty much once a war has momentum it will continue.

that's all the more relevant since we've had some good hints as to TSL being an ESB-like episode within Kotor.

But without an Yoda, or so it seems so far :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

My guess: in the event of a DS ending of KOTOR, the Sith Lords of KOTOR II took advantage of the chaos following Malak's overthrow to try and usurp Revan; with a massive fleet already in existence, they launched an attack on the Star Forge, hoping to catch Revan on it and destroy his base of power at the same time, resulting in the destruction of the Star Forge and Revan's hasty escape and exile to the Outer Rim or wherever he is.

There can't be too many differences between the LS and DS games of KOTOR II; they can't make two completely different games based on your choices in the first.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

what if it is the white-haired woman that fulfills yoda's role?  :D

... Atris as the Yoda of KOTOR 2? XD. Not very likely, she's too serious-looking <_<. Unless, of course it was in a very well-done way... But I'd more likely expect Krea to be in the role as the old Jedi Master here. But I think it wouldn't be too easy to "re-create" Yoda's role with any character since Yoda's role was a somewhat... uniquite one thanks to his acting when he first meet Luke and I don't see how Krea or Atris could do that XD.

Besides, Luke sought out Yoda to train under him but our character isn't a beginner-Jedi as Luke was, so what'd be the point of seeking out a Jedi-master in the game? Well, I could imagine us seeking out some Jedi Master in order to gain information about the Sith Lords, but that's about it...

well the yoda bit was a joke but what I meant seriously was that she could be someone we at some point have to search for, in order either to be instructed by her, or to have her join our ranks as we prepare for more challenging battles. like yoda she could be out in some obscure planet hiding from the Jedi massacre. Maybe she was the former head of the Jedi council -Vandar was the head of the Jedi academy (?), perhaps, during Kotor 1, it was the white haired woman who led the council in Coruscant.

Hmm, I dunno if her role'll be all THAT big, but I like the throught of us finding her on some planet as shrouded in the Dark Side as Dagobah was... Defintively a more tempting scenario than some other possible scenarios where we might find her :3.

It's true that the new character won't be a beginner like Luke, but he'll need help to 'get back in touch with the force'; maybe it's the white haired woman who'll be the helper?

Krea'll be that hepler as far as I know; that's what everything seems to point at so far. But who knows, Atris may join because that she tinks the main chara needs additional help on that issuse XD.

By the way it's time we see an actual screenshot featuring her. I'm beginning to think she poses just for the box cover.

Let's go making some offerings at the Altar of the Developers, then! ;p. Shall I bring a lamb, or some fruit? Or what is it the Devs desire in order to reveal such carefully concealed secrets to us?

Lamb? Fruit?

Ah, the ignorance of the new... :p

The devs do not desire lamb, nor fruit...they demand coffee, puppies, and kittens...

Besides, Luke sought out Yoda to train under him but our character isn't a beginner-Jedi as Luke was, so what'd be the point of seeking out a Jedi-master in the game? Well, I could imagine us seeking out some Jedi Master in order to gain information about the Sith Lords, but that's about it...

Well, you did "lose touch with the force", or the "force abandoned you", which ever one they use to explain it, somone's going to be lecturing you, or "teaching" you if you want to be nice... :(

The devs do not desire lamb, nor fruit...they demand coffee, puppies, and kittens...

Thanks for the hint! *goes to prepare some coffee and kittens to offer the Devs*

Well, you did "lose touch with the force", or the "force abandoned you", which ever one they use to explain it, somone's going to be lecturing you, or "teaching" you if you want to be nice... ;)

XD. Well, perhaps. But I got the impression that the main chara will be back in touch with the Force as soon as Krea contacts him/her on the mining base or wherever the main chara is, the Force returns to him, but he/she won't be very strong in the force in the beginning...

Hence the lecturing...er, I mean teaching, yeah teaching...that's the word... :rolleyes:

Well, we'll see, I suppose :)

Don't forget the puppies! :(

Why not forget them? Everyone loves kittens! ;)

deathandfriends.jpg

I doubt that the Devs will give you an answer without the puppies... :rolleyes:

Oh, well. suppose that one can't afford to leave out the puppies, then :(.

Just remember, Kreia will be the next Trask... ;)

I've never doubted that; the real question is rather: a surviving "Trask"? After all, poor old Trask got killed by Big Bad Boy Bandon, so what about Kreia? Will she survive for more than 5-10 minutes before throwing herself against hordes of charging Sith, shouting "Now's your change! Go! GOOOO!!!!! DON'T LET MY SACRIFICE BE IN VAIN!"? Or will nothing like that happen and she'll follow the main chara through the rest of the story?

Ok, here's my take on it:

The Starforge was destroyed no matter the outcome of KotOR was. But, there will be a another Star Forge in the Sith Lords if Obsidian goes the same way as George Lucas did with the original trilogy.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok, here's my take on it:

The Starforge was destroyed no matter the outcome of KotOR was. But, there will be a another Star Forge in the Sith Lords if Obsidian goes the same way as George Lucas did with the original trilogy.

The second Death Star was in ESB? I thought it was in RotJ...