Make Single Sabers have a point to using!

In KOTOR, single sabers were pretty much pointless(except for RPing). I mean, Master Dueling gave +3 attack and +3 defense, while with Master Two-Weapon Fighting, it practically nullified the penalties! I personally love single saber, but after my friend made me play as a double-saber consular, I was shocked at the damage I was giving! I never realized a consular couold do that much damage! So, my plea is, make some feats that give bonuses to single saber fighters, PLEASE!!!!

</beg>

In KOTOR, single sabers were pretty much pointless(except for RPing). I mean, Master Dueling gave +3 attack and +3 defense, while with Master Two-Weapon Fighting, it practically nullified the penalties!

Master TWF gave you -1 attack and -1 defense IIRC. Master Dueling gives you +3 and +3, for a +4/+4 difference between the two. That's not trivial.

A Guardian is probalby best used with a double saber, flurry, and master TWF. He has more vitality (less need for high defense), and he almost always scores a hit at higher levels no matter what (less affected by to-hit penalty). He also has the feats to spend. Combine it with Master Flurry and Jedi Master Speed, and you have an anti-Sith Cuisinart.

A Sentinel or especially a Consular has less viatality to spare and a worse chance to hit, so that +3/+3 starts to look really good, not to mention that they have fewer feats to spend to get up to Master TWF in the first place.

Also, if you are going with Master Critical Strike, you are probably more concerned with your odds to hit than your number of attacks, since every hit is 2x damage +2-12 +stun, and you want your *first* attack to hit so the enemy is disabled immediately. Also, the critical strike feats have a bigger penalty to defense than Flurry, which you will be eager to negate. And of course double sabers have an awful critical range.

single sabers are cool. they were still very good in kotor. after awhile i shied away from 2 sabers and double blades and used single. they looked cool and were still strong enough i thought. i dont see a problem with them but making them better cant hurt.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

In KOTOR, single sabers were pretty much pointless(except for RPing). I mean, Master Dueling gave +3 attack and +3 defense, while with Master Two-Weapon Fighting, it practically nullified the penalties!

Master TWF gave you -1 attack and -1 defense IIRC. Master Dueling gives you +3 and +3, for a +4/+4 difference between the two. That's not trivial.

A Guardian is probalby best used with a double saber, flurry, and master TWF. He has more vitality (less need for high defense), and he almost always scores a hit at higher levels no matter what (less affected by to-hit penalty). He also has the feats to spend. Combine it with Master Flurry and Jedi Master Speed, and you have an anti-Sith Cuisinart.

A Sentinel or especially a Consular has less viatality to spare and a worse chance to hit, so that +3/+3 starts to look really good, not to mention that they have fewer feats to spend to get up to Master TWF in the first place.

Also, if you are going with Master Critical Strike, you are probably more concerned with your odds to hit than your number of attacks, since every hit is 2x damage +2-12 +stun, and you want your *first* attack to hit so the enemy is disabled immediately. Also, the critical strike feats have a bigger penalty to defense than Flurry, which you will be eager to negate. And of course double sabers have an awful critical range.

slight correction. with TWF mastery, you get a -2 -2 in you man and off hands, defences is not effected. Now, if you use a balance weapon in the off hand, as a saber staff, or short saber, you get a +2 +0 , which, in the end, means your BaB is 0 in the main hand, or no penetaily at all, and a -2 in the off hand.

So the difference between Dualing and TWF is, with Dualing, you get a +3 BaB on your main hand strick, and +3 to defence, but TWF gets one extra attack at -2 bab. That's the trade off. Problem is, enemies are to easy to hit, and die to easily for that to matter.

That's not to say you can't build some impressive single blade fighters... I made one, a scoundrel/guardian, that, could kill the End game rancors with one powered up force jump each. (Master Speed+Master Valor) A force wave to stun, so my Sneak attack bounes kiced in, and everything died in one Flurry... (even Bastaila, but i couldn't stun Malak... grr.) So i was pretty bad, problem was, had i taken TWF instead of dualing, and used a saber staff, i'd be even MORE powerful... with almost no noticalbe difference in defence, cause stuff died WAY to quick.

KingSnake. (Besides style, i can't think of one practical reason to use one saber over 2. on paper it looks like a better defencive build, but it just doesn't WORK that way.)

thou shalt not wieldeth more than one lightsaber, if thou doest so, upon you shalt the bowls of wrath be emptied

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "