Should Bastila Return?

Should Bastila Return?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bastila Return?

• Yes, she should be an active party member again
    • Yes, but she should only make a cameo, and should not be an active party member
    • No, she shouldn't be in at all
    • I don't really care

Finally a voice of reason.

:) Since the majority of people here, including me, seem to have voted for just letting her make a cameo appearence, I think there's plenty of voices of reason out there, as the poll itself says, if you just look at it :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Bastila was far too important a part of KotOR 1 to just vanish without a mention, but she shouldn't come back as a party NPC. She didn't annoy me as much as she seems to annoy a lot of other people, but maybe thats because I have to put up with people like her every day ;)

She deserves at least a mention as aprt of the backstory, maybe a cinematic appearance.

Oh God I hated Bastila. First impressions are very important, and the first things out of her mouth after that swoop race made me want to kill her right then. What makes me even madder is that the game naturally forces you to become closer to Bastila and farther from Carth, who I wanted to be my buddy.

Everything about Bastila bothered me. Her attitude was terrible, she thought she was the best, because she was a special Jedi, but she had the worst frame of mind of any Jedi I've ever dreamed of, and she sucked in battle. She fell to the Dark Side of the Force (Yeah, some Jedi she is "I will never fall to the Dark Side" my ass), and even when she was evil, embracing the dark side, fueled by hatred and the Star Forge itself, it took all of 5 seconds to whoop her b**chy little behind.

In short, I don't like Bastila, I never have, and I'm not exactly itching to see her in KOTOR II, but my feelings aside, it would be very difficult to say how she would appear. Not as party memeber for sure, but in her cameo, if there is one, there's a lot to explain, because there are too many significant possibilities. Either light side, and in love with Revan, dark side as revan's apprentice, or dead. It will have a lot to do with what you say happened to Revan, I think.

It would be a much more powerful game should Bastila, HK-47, and Revan return. (It will, beyond a shadow of a doubt, be all three at once because of the fact that Revan created HK-47 and Bastila loves Revan.) Maybe Revan (if on the light) will be like Jolee was to him in the first game, a mentor, but with more youth to him.

I agree, I think Bastilla really needs to come back because she was such an important character.

I really don't get why people disliked Bastilla so much, I thought she was very useful and pretty cool. Sure, I don't like it when people whine...thats why I locked Mission away as soon as I could...lil' brat. But I never had a problem with Bastilla in the least.

Bastilla died in some versions of KotOR, a comeback, or even a brief appearance, is somewhat difficuly to stage under those circumstance.

She might return for other versions of KotOR but that can not have a major influence on the story of KotOR-2

Oh God I hated Bastila. First impressions are very important, and the first things out of her mouth after that swoop race made me want to kill her right then. What makes me even madder is that the game naturally forces you to become closer to Bastila and farther from Carth, who I wanted to be my buddy.

Everything about Bastila bothered me. Her attitude was terrible, she thought she was the best, because she was a special Jedi, but she had the worst frame of mind of any Jedi I've ever dreamed of, and she sucked in battle. She fell to the Dark Side of the Force (Yeah, some Jedi she is "I will never fall to the Dark Side" my ass), and even when she was evil, embracing the dark side, fueled by hatred and the Star Forge itself, it took all of 5 seconds to whoop her b**chy little behind.

In short, I don't like Bastila, I never have, and I'm not exactly itching to see her in KOTOR II, but my feelings aside, it would be very difficult to say how she would appear. Not as party memeber for sure, but in her cameo, if there is one, there's a lot to explain, because there are too many significant possibilities. Either light side, and in love with Revan, dark side as revan's apprentice, or dead. It will have a lot to do with what you say happened to Revan, I think.

That was the whole point of her character. She was supposed to be (using Canderous' comment) a Jedi princess.

In that respect, I thought she was a great character, because I completely went for the whole stuck up/do what i say/i can't do wrong attitude. It was sort of like Princess Leia when she was first rescued. She didn't exactly thank Han and Luke, and started giving orders.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was the whole point of her character. She was supposed to be (using Canderous' comment) a Jedi princess.

In that respect, I thought she was a great character, because I completely went for the whole stuck up/do what i say/i can't do wrong attitude. It was sort of like Princess Leia when she was first rescued. She didn't exactly thank Han and Luke, and started giving orders.

Oh my god, that brings back memories. This is OT, but I wish I get transcripts of conversations between Canderous and Bastila, and Canderous and Carth. I just find them so funny.

Bastilla died in some versions of KotOR, a comeback, or even a brief appearance, is somewhat difficuly to stage under those circumstance.

She might return for other versions of KotOR but that can not have a major influence on the story of KotOR-2

I don't remember Bastilla every dying? I've played through the game I believe four different times (twice light side, twice dark side) and I never saw that.

Did I miss that whole segment?!

I don't remember Bastilla every dying? I've played through the game I believe four different times (twice light side, twice dark side) and I never saw that.

Did I miss that whole segment?!

You had the choice of killing her or reedeming on the sf if you were ls. :rolleyes:

You had the choice of killing her or reedeming on the sf if you were ls. :rolleyes:

Wow...I completely missed that one. I just was never willing to kill her b/c I (unlike a fair amount of you apparently) really did like Bastilla's character and wanted her by my side (and in my bed).

I think that Bastila might be the Dark Masked Woman. Those who finished the Kotor with Dark Side know that she had become Revans aprentice, what if she is now the dark lord. Revan was using mask , why not his aprentice?!

its a guy get over it. maybe the other sith lord is a dark lady but that one is definitely a guy.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together