First impressions

They say first impressions count. Both in real life (job interviews etc) and games.

Look at Atton. We know almost nothing about him, he could be the biggest

tough-nut in the galaxy, but just looking at him the first impression you get is that he's a wuss. :D

Reading the board it's obvious he's been condemed simply because this is the first impression he makes on you. So, other than Atton what are the first impressions you get by looking at the other characters? Just by looking at the concept art/ screenshots. Here are my views

Mira- she looks like she's a do-gooder, she want's to help people (kinda like Mission was), a bit naive. Odd qualities to find in a Bounty Hunter..........

Atris- She looks more of a fighter, a Jedi who would be more actively willing to fight fire with fire and seek out Sith to kill. A lot more combat oriented and not so preachy like Bastilla- I can't image her saying "control yourself, don't seek revenge"

Masked Sith guy- first impression=don't mess with this guy ;)

Atton looks gay. Period.

Mira looks nice. I don't think she's ugly at all. Note: I don't think she's hot either; it's just a bunch of pixels people...

Atris looks like one tough Jedi.

The masked Sith looks frickin awesome. If this ain't an NPC, I'm gonna be pissed.

They have screenshots of the old hooded woman frequently. So she'll be in.

Kreia's already been stated as the mysterious Obi-Wan type in this game, like Jolee was in the first. I don't get any other impression. I think she'll be a tough old bat, very, VERY stern and firm with you in your decisions, and wise. She'll be, in essence, a Tough Mother.

I don't know if you can call one of the more successful RPGs of recent years, with high critical acclaim and the Star Wars Licence, a "hand me down" or "scraps from the table". I think that, considdering some of the past successes of the people involved, that Bioware made a good choice. Bioware are good, but its nice to see a successful game followed up not as a carbon copy, but a new direction by new people.

As far as first impressions of the characters go...I can't really make any since how the character behaves, is voiced etc makes all the difference and I'd take that as my first impression rather than the odd screenshot and snippit of info from devs.

Atton seems like a kind of a slick, Han Solo type to me. Kreia is probably a kind of wise old Jedi, but seems to be more of a rogue devoted to the light than a member of the Order. Atris has the look of a strong warrior about her. Mira seems like a bounty hunter that that's in the wrong profession. But anyway, as FireWolf said, first impressions are kind of hard judging just by art/screenshots, but then again, I guess that's why they're first impressions.

Hades, stop crying.

Atton-Doesn't really look gay to me,wouldn't bother me if turns out to be gay either. I don't like the fact that in every screen he fights with hand to hand. Now yes that can change so I'm not saying I dislike the character but at this point he's not looking like one of my favs.

Kreia-Could be an interesting character.

Mira-Like the bio on her,if done right she could be a great character. Despite the screens of her at the moment. :D

White Haired Female-She looks very hard in the art I've seen of her. Very serious and direct.

I'd like to see more flawed characters not one-dimensionals.

Mira - not sure if I'd call her good looking from either concept or in-game screenshots, plus I can't help thinking of Miria in Fallout 2. For some reason the numbers 36, 24, 36 come to mind.

Atton - better not be a loveable scoundral or, if at all possible, he's out the air-lock.

Mira's somewhat of an enigma for now, a bounty hunter with a heart of gold :D Probably there's going to be a very involved side quest to reveal more of her 'interesting' character.

I hope Kreia doesn't frown like that all the time and takes the hood off, at least from time to time; yes it's nice to have hoods as a clothing option but a main character shouldn't look like an oversized Jawa throughout the entire game.

The very identity of the white haired female has to do something with the plot. She's featured on the most interesting concept art, and she's been the subject of threads like 'Bastila vs. Atris' yet no one has even seen a rendered in-game image of her. (What if *that* turns out to be 'ugly'?) Forgive me for my ignorance but has it been confirmed that she's a party member? With all that halo around her I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be the Force Incarnated. :rolleyes:

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

They have screenshots of the old hooded woman frequently. So she'll be in.

Kreia's already been stated as the mysterious Obi-Wan type in this game, like Jolee was in the first. I don't get any other impression. I think she'll be a tough old bat, very, VERY stern and firm with you in your decisions, and wise. She'll be, in essence, a Tough Mother.

I'm not that stupid...I meant in their party, as their choice...she's not going to be in my party if she's just a rehash of Jolee, I tell you what... :rolleyes:

Atton - The gay Han Solo.

Mira - Hermaphrodite.

Kreia - Scary old woman with no eyes.

White-Haired Chick - Dig the white hair look; reminds me a lot of Bastila, and I bet she has a British accent.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I guess I will be waiting a little longer for getting a Obsidian game. I prefer they did something original instead of a cliche that is Star Wars.

I think it's been said before: stop whining. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

It's not whining, it's just his spambot that is online whenever he isn't, constantly repeating the same lines after the other.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I guess I will be waiting a little longer for getting a Obsidian game.  I prefer they did something original instead of a cliche that is Star Wars.

I think it's been said before: stop whining. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

The lack of good CRPGs are going to force me to buy this game. :D

The lack of good CRPGs are going to force me to buy this game. :D

..... :) :speechless:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D