Custom Soundtracks

There is a potential of a coolness factor, I'll give you that. Being DS and having Metallica's version of the Imperial March would have a certain cool effect to it.

Thats what I was think, but I would be using Iron Maiden for my DSer, while using POD, for my LSer

The reason Obsidian won't include custom tracks is TSL game is going for a cinematic experience where the music and story work together to create the best possible level of immersion for the player. They want the player to have an emtional investment in the characters, the story, and most of all they want the player to forget their playing a game all together. This can only be accomplished with deep characters, story, and a score that sets the mood for what is transpiring on screen.

Cheers!

I don't disagree with that but that doesn't mean a custom soundtrack is a bad idea for CRPGs in general.

I generally feel the CRPGs should be 'scored', rather than just have a bunch of songs as the soundtrack.

I don't really see the big deal in including an extra folder like that found in Vice City for those who want a custom soundtrack to drop their MP3 files in. It wouldn't work so well on the Billy Gates Box (PC's rock! w00t!) but it I doubt it would be a major endeavor to include an alternate folder for custom MP3s to play out of.

My $0.03

No mouse/keyboard for xbox as far as I know (heard you can get a usb plug for the controller ports which usb peripherals can plug into, but not seen hard evidence of this) and thus proper games like CRPGs and RTS don't belong on them. :)

No mouse/keyboard for xbox as far as I know (heard you can get a usb plug for the controller ports which usb peripherals can plug into, but not seen hard evidence of this) and thus proper games like CRPGs and RTS don't belong on them. :lol:

there is no mouse/keyboard support for XBox period, it is supposed to be as far from a PC as possible,

and where did this go from Custom Soundtracks to mouse/keyboard support, stay on topic

Just making a bit of a tangent point. Without a mouse life is just so much harder. Can't play fps nearly as well, can't do rts, cant really do rpg. Doesn't allow you to use an OS GUI effectively. Not entirely sure how that related to custom soundtracks, but for some reason it did.

I still don't like the idea of rejecting the ambient sound for your own music. It detracts from the whole experience. You wouldn't go into a movie theater and replace the score with your own music. In vice city it's a bit different since it uses actual music from an era, and if you want to stay in-character you can just put 80s music in the folder. But with star wars the game's score is specifically designed and the effect is far better with the right score than randomly played music, even if that music is from the same universe. It'd just spoil the mood if during some emotional communication with carth about his troubled childhood and the imperial march (metallica version) blares out.

Sorry this is SW world and Soule's tracks are superior by the way.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.