Corruption

Of the new stuff that will be in KOTOR 2, this about being able to corrupt your fellow party members is probably what has gotten me most interested so far! :). Especially since this is something that so seldom appears... Sure, Baldur's Gate and a few others I know of have had alignament changes within your party, but it wasn't something you could at will or through careful manipulation. Rather it was mostly story-driven alignament-changes... But I wonder exactly how it'll be done? Only through normal dialouge and such based on what choices you make and/or how much admiration that character in particular you're trying to corrupt has for you at the point where you try to corrupt him/her? Besides.. I also heard that you'll only be able to corrupt or, in case that you're a lightsider, change the alignament of a character for the better, in the case of the neutral members of the party? If so, that's kind of a pity :/. Not that I can't understand why Obsidan would, for now, choose to limit it to neutral characters only... but in my opinion, it's going to be a little less fun if we can't convince any of the "goodys" that being evil can be fun too ;D. And the same goes for the reverse; why leave out the classic "come back to the light side" stuff as well? ;)

Also, I wonder about one of the new character classes, the Sith Lord... It's said about this class, as quoted from the GameBanshee unoffical KOTOR 2, "Sith Lord: Mastery of corrupting the wills of others.". I wonder if this is somewhow connected to the corrupting of other party members or other people you'll meet in your journeys, like givng more dialouge options and such availabe to the Sith Lord only? Or will it simply be "just another class", just giving bonuses so some skill and such and that'll be the only function of the class in the game? :/

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, this makes me think of Zaallbar and Mission. You didn't necessarily corrupt them, but they were very sucsptible to persuasion.

For Mission, you could have persuaded her that she didn't need to care about her brother anymore, and force persuade Zaalbar to kill MIssion if you were dark side. From what I heard, it seems they are going to expand on that. Makes me wonder, though; are some characters DEFINITELY going to be good/bad no matter what? And, are we going to be able to force persuade on our own party members?

And I am happy... :)

Makes me wonder, though; are some characters DEFINITELY going to be good/bad no matter what?

Yes, I think by what they said, some people's morals are going to solid...

And, are we going to be able to force persuade on our own party members?

Probably, with a variety of results, I bet! ;)

Where force persuade would pry work right away,wouldn't the party member come around after awhile? Wonder if the option is there,if using the force on party members would hurt you in the long run. Myabe piss someone off when/if they figured it out and would normal persuade be used as a better option? Instead of using the Force to make them do something you're simply talking them into it/changing their mind.

well i wouldn't use it on a jedi because if you do than they would probley leave

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

So you could,if the option(s) is there,be trying to keep your little padawan on the light(er) path only to piss them off and have them leave and/or turn on you because you're a control freak.

Or...

Try and push said padawan over to the darkside but push a little too hard and they snap....crazy insane pissed off students can be dangerous I would think. And fun as well I guess.

(OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN) More persuade options, bonuses, and the like, maybe enough to corrupt with...  ;)

Not quite :p . Ok, it'd do but it's be more fun if the Sith Lord class meant some extra dialouge options that couldn't be accesed by other chacter classes or a high persuade skill :).

(OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN) All jedi aren't necessarily strong minded...like your apprentice... :)  :)

Heh! One would assume so, but I'd also assume that there's limits for what mind control could do in the long run :)

(ampulator00) For Mission, you could have persuaded her that she didn't need to care about her brother anymore, and force persuade Zaalbar to kill MIssion if you were dark side. From what I heard, it seems they are going to expand on that. Makes me wonder, though; are some characters DEFINITELY going to be good/bad no matter what? And, are we going to be able to force persuade on our own party members?

Hmm, never discovered that you could Force Persaude Mission to not care abotu her brother anymore... The Zaalbar one is a well-known one, through, but Zaalbar doesn't become much corrupted by that, nor does he become corrupted by taking his brother's side in the feud on his home planet... Hopefully we'll be able to see soem real changes in your party member's alignament depending on your choices or what you talk them into choosing on their own quests.

And, yes, I also think some characters will be good/bad no matter what. Take Krea or whatever her anme was. She sounds like the "Jedi Master" type of this game and she is also old, meaning that she knows better than most how to protect herself from the Dark Side - and she also knows what horros the Dark Side brings on others and the one who wields it, so she's probably going to be one of those who will stay good until the end. I just hope not too many characters in the game will be like that :/.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I think the first time through, I'm going to mess with their heads...telling him which side is the best and then changing my mind...that would be fun... :)

;)

(OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN) More persuade options, bonuses, and the like, maybe enough to corrupt with...  ;)

Not quite :) . Ok, it'd do but it's be more fun if the Sith Lord class meant some extra dialouge options that couldn't be accesed by other chacter classes or a high persuade skill :).

That's what I meant by more persuade options... :)

(OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN) All jedi aren't necessarily strong minded...like your apprentice... :p  :)

Heh! One would assume so, but I'd also assume that there's limits for what mind control could do in the long run :)

Palpatine pulled it off quite well...didn't he?

Hmm, point taken but... Palpatine was a master manipulator and it seems like he had to work very carefully for years for his mind control to bear fruit ;) . and also, we're not going to play the game as Palpatine, so we may lack his talent <_<.

Hmm, point taken but... Palpatine was a master manipulator and it seems like he had to work very carefully for years for his mind control to bear fruit ;) . and also, we're not going to play the game as Palpatine, so we may lack his talent <_<.

Well, we also have to take in consideration that he was working in utter secrecy...we don't really have that problem, do we? ;)

(OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN)Well, we also have to take in consideration that he was working in utter secrecy...we don't really have that problem, do we? ;)

Oh, I wouldn't know... Your other party members might notice that something's amiss somewhere and should you somehow overstep your limits (in terms of your powers of persuadion) or do something in front of your other party members who notices that soemthing's DEFINTIVELY amiss, then all hell may break lose and in a best case scenario you'll jsut have to start all over or wait until yours kills are better ;p

(SilverSun)Guess part of that will be up to the player and how they spend their skill points and what force powers they choose.

Indeed. After all, can't expect all people to possess a silver tounge :D

My biggest problem with Force Persuade was that it was an option enough. I mean, when I can persuade, shouldn't I be able to force persuade as well? I only got one change to force persuade one of my own party members, and that was with Zaalbar when you are darkside.

Force persuade is a lot different, it's a lot more direct. In the mission example you gave, you wouldn't technically be able to force persuade them so that it didn't matter, but you could persuade being using insight/conviction in a way they hadn't thought of before. Instead of putting the power in your hands, it uses the power in theirs to empower them with different choices - that can, however, be used to your advantage in cases that people don't see the whole of the situation enough.

Force persuade bypasses their senses, their common sense. You might be able to "force persuade" by erasing or dimming a memory of her brother, though, which I think falls under the term "affect mind."

Well, that's my attempt at explaining why it didn't work that way in the first one.

It was that blasted moisture farmer that caused all the trouble. Damned Luke!

Palpatine was thrown into the pit by Vader. Vader was not his victim, Luke was.

Palpatine's weakness was his overconfidence in his minions and his own foresight.

I'd like to play a Dooku-like character. Both deft with charisma and a lightsaber and a few force powers. Basically if they allow more character exploration through dialogue I'll be happy. More persuade options (force or otherwise). I'd like to see Force Persuade far more a frequent an option. I mean, Obi-wan used it on storm troopers and drug pushers. I want general force persuade use.

I think force persuade on Jedi characters should be ineffective and you have to rely on your wiles to convince them to do things out of character, or convince them of a different point of view.

Dialogue is important, and if it can be used to solve quests rather than smashing stuff (and still gaining approx. same xp) the game becomes a whole lot more open-ended.