KotOR II worries

I'm a little worried about KotOR II, to be honest. Hopefully they will not listen too much to these suggestions on the forums in an effort to "give the players what they want".

I think if Obsidian uses its best judgement, KotOR II will be fine. If they listen too much to player suggestions though, the game might end up a dissapointment. And it won't be the first time a game was hurt because the company listened too much too suggestions.

What do you think?

I'm a little worried about KotOR II, to be honest.  Hopefully they will not listen too much to these suggestions on the forums in an effort to "give  the players what they want".

I think if Obsidian uses its best judgement, KotOR II will be fine.  If they listen too much to player suggestions though, the game might end up a dissapointment.  And it won't be the first time a game was hurt because the company listened too much too suggestions.

What do you think?

Do you have a specific example of when a developer went wrong by giving the customer what they wanted? Because that doesn't make much sense on the face of it. :lol:

Excuse me, are you quite normal Uthar001?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

i think Uthar 001 is quite right, Nur Ab Sal. what makes a game great is a consequent line that goes through the hole game. to create a game with a concept all developers agree with is quite hard. to create a game with a concept all players agree with is impossible. and foolish.

however "Excuse me, are you quite normal Uthar001?" is not a very constructive argument. indeed such a remark is in my humble opinion nothing more but a provocation to start a lengthy and pointless discussion again.

"Do you have a specific example of when a developer went wrong by giving the customer what they wanted? Because that doesn't make much sense on the face of it."

BG2, NWN.

You seem to think customers know what they want. They don't.

I don't follow what you are getting at. NWN didn't have the one feature everybody wanted, i.e. a party to control. BG2 sold like hotcakes and has piles of fans.

I'm a little worried about KotOR II, to be honest.  Hopefully they will not listen too much to these suggestions on the forums in an effort to "give  the players what they want".

I think if Obsidian uses its best judgement, KotOR II will be fine.  If they listen too much to player suggestions though, the game might end up a dissapointment.  And it won't be the first time a game was hurt because the company listened too much too suggestions.

What do you think?

So baisicly your suggestion(so very late in the game I might add) is for them to not listen to suggestions from people like you?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (