Just some speculation...

A lot of complaints seem to stem from the fact that our character is said to be a veteran of the Mandalorian wars yet he still starts out as a level 1 Jedi. I've seen many plausible explainations for this and I figured I'd put in my 2 cents on it.

The main point of my theory is that the character starts as a level 1 JEDI. What happened in the first game when you're character became a Jedi? You were a level 1-8ish scoundrel/soldier/scout and a level 1 Jedi. Why couldn't this guy have fought in the Mandalorian wars as a scoundrel/soldier/scout and showed a connection to the force. The Jedi trained him and he became a level 1 Jedi. Since he became a Jedi he had to drop all his other training in order to focus on learning the force and using a lightsaber. So for all we know the guy could have been a level 10 soldier but then he was trained and became a level 1 Jedi.

Just some speculation.

A lot of complaints seem to stem from the fact that our character is said to be a veteran of the Mandalorian wars yet he still starts out as a level 1 Jedi. I've seen many plausible explainations for this and I figured I'd put in my 2 cents on it.

The main point of my theory is that the character starts as a level 1 JEDI. What happened in the first game when you're character became a Jedi? You were a level 1-8ish scoundrel/soldier/scout and a level 1 Jedi. Why couldn't this guy have fought in the Mandalorian wars as a scoundrel/soldier/scout and showed a connection to the force. The Jedi trained him and he became a level 1 Jedi. Since he became a Jedi he had to drop all his other training in order to focus on learning the force and using a lightsaber. So for all we know the guy could have been a level 10 soldier but then he was trained and became a level 1 Jedi.

Just some speculation.

Huh. :rolleyes:

iceman1731.jpg

Eh, if you do not exercise your skills often enough they atrophy, just like your muscles. Since the Player Character has been out of touch for so long I do not see it to be so unrealistic that he/she has slipped down a little.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Just some speculation.

Eh, that would indicate that the Jedi took the PC to training as an adult, which isn't a commonthing. I believe more that the PC was just a lousy Jedi, couldn't focus on how using the force and so on, like Luke in "The Empire Strikes Back".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Posted on Jul 9 2004, 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Dereth @ Jul 9 2004, 11:22 AM)

Just some speculation.

Could be possible.

Why not? Isn't the idea that he gets all those hit die and skills from use and practice as well, maybe even through the Force? Skills, such as treat injury, will be connected to Force powers such as Heal, for example, in this sequel. There's obviously a corellation.