How about making KOTOR2 work with ATI cards?

I suggest that Obsidian Entertainment actually make the game work with ATI cards. KOTOR has been out about 8 months now, and still everyone who owns an ATI card is screwed. You either put up with constant crashes, disable graphical features to get only almost constant crashes, or use crappy ancient drivers that make every other 3d game you own run WORSE.

Really? I run KOTOR perfectly (No bugs, no crashes, latest drivers, no graphical features disabled.) and I was the under the impression I had an ATI card.

*Checks again*

Yep, its my trusty Radeon 9700 Pro, which has never given me a single problem in all the time I had it.

For those having problems, even with the newer ATI cards, what speed is the AGP slot you're plugged in to? A friend was complaining about the same thing, said KoTOR would crash even with his 9800. Turned out his mobo was only 4x. He recently replaced the mobo and can run the game fine now. (He isn't exactly computer saavy, so to him he thought just getting a bigger, badder card was going to make everything better.)

I have a 9600 XT and never had a problem with it. Of course I use the Omega Drivers which are a lot better than ATI's. They also make Omega Drivers for nVidia cards and you'll notice a performance gain there as well.