Main villian

I was reading the Info on new TSL Character thread, and noticed how some of you believe the masked Sith will be the main villain.

I have another approach on that.

Personally, I think there will be two main villains. One for the light side ending (the masked Sith), and one for the dark side ending (the white haired chick).

During the game, these two might try to persuade you to join their side. Eventually, you'd have to make a pick on who to take as your master, which will decide if you'll be a Jedi or a Sith. The other one will be the person you have to defeat at the end of the game. (However, knowing the people at Obsidian, the game might as well have a non-violent ending, but that doesn't change anything to the main-villain-discussion.)

Just my 2 cents. Discuss.

Personally, I think there will be two main villains. One for the light side ending (the masked Sith), and one for the dark side ending (the white haired chick).

I think that's a good idea; that way the game wouldn't be a constant fight against the Sith throughout. In Kotor I you were supposed to be Revan after all, but nevertheless worked as a Republic agent all the way. Though it was all a struggle to get to the Star Forge and find Malak so it wouldn't have made sense to have our Revan hunt some Jedi in the meanwhile, but still, the whole game assumed you were on the Republic's side no matter how 'evil' you got.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I agree it would be better to have two different end fights depending on your light/dark choice, but I'm not sure the 'white haired chick' will be one of them.

I thought she was a teammate, and could be swayed light or dark depending on how you acted through the game. It would be better to have her an evil teammate and perhaps fight a couple of Jedi Masters at the end of the darkside game.

I agree it would be better to have two different end fights depending on your light/dark choice, but I'm not sure the 'white haired chick' will be one of them.

Well, maybe the villains won't be the Sith/Jedi, but it sure would be a lot more interesting to have a different final encounter depending on the side you chose.

And somehow I remain convinced that these two characters will both try bringing you to their side, and keeping you there.

Eventually, you'd have to make a pick on who to take as your master, which will decide if you'll be a Jedi or a Sith. The other one will be the person you have to defeat at the end of the game.

If that were the case, I would much prefer to have the option to defeat both of them. I guess that would be a variation of evil ending?

If that were the case, I would much prefer to have the option to defeat both of them. I guess that would be a variation of evil ending?

It would be even better if we could fight them both at the same time. That would be one hell of a crazy fight! Though I'm not sure why a Jedi like Atris would be fighting side by side with a Sith Lord :blink: ... maybe the Sith Lord would turn her to the dark side and make her his apprentice... :ph34r:

It would be even better if we could fight them both at the same time. That would be one hell of a crazy fight. Though I'm not sure why a Jedi like Atris would be fighting side by side with a Sith Lord :blink: ... maybe the Sith Lord would turn her to the dark side and make her his apprentice... :ph34r:

I was thinking the same thing, like in KOTOR 1 with Yuthera and the Sith Teacher Master Guy (Forgot his name).

Yeah, I hope we get to face off against multiple Sith Lords simultaneously, at some point during the game.

That wasn't really my point; I was saying that if at some point in the game the PC is pressured into having to pick either the good or evil side, it should get the option to destroy them both. That might make the game unnecessarily complicated later on, though.

It would be even better if we could fight them both at the same time. That would be one hell of a crazy fight! Though I'm not sure why a Jedi like Atris would be fighting side by side with a Sith Lord :blink: ... maybe the Sith Lord would turn her to the dark side and make her his apprentice... :ph34r:

Not again....

What we need is a third group making a push for power secretly manipluating both sides behind the scene.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What i want from my main villain is someone that is really evil but admirable in the same way (something Malak wasn't). Not evil itself incarnated, but someone who has a personal agenda behind he/she is evil. Maybe due to manipulation of outher forces, or from own experiences that lead him/her down the path, someone that you really want to kill at the end of the game, not just a obstacle in the way for you to complete the game.

I want my arch nemesis to be someone in the vain of Darth Vader/Sephiroth, something devs seem to forget these days.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It would be great if the main villainat the end of the game was different depending on your choices in the game. That would add replay value. The last guy has to have a good motivation. If the boss is a Sith makeure he/she has a reason good in his/her eyes to be a Sith. I wonder if the devs are actually reading this and implementing that though.

I would like to avoid the situation where you fight final a duel with the "main villain", then game over all together.

KotOR would have been more interesting if at the end we discovered that Malak had been taken over by the Star Forge which had become semi-sentiant and was now intent on destroying all life in the universe.

Freeing Malak, you have to solve a logic puzzle to disable the Star Forge core whilst fighting off hordes of Force using uber-droids.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Wow. That would have been really stupid.

Glad you liked it. :p

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Okay, how about if in TSL there are 3 Sith factions (Darth Sion's Assassins plus 2 others). There is also the Jedi (who are in hiding). In order to complete the game you have to join any one group and destroy the other three.

Okay, how about if in TSL there are 3 Sith factions (Darth Sion's Assassins plus 2 others). There is also the Jedi (who are in hiding). In order to complete the game you have to join any one group and destroy the other three.

Doesn't sound too bad, but then each fraction would IMHO need strong characers and believeable purposes for what they're doing ;p

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Sounds like a good idea, but if that was true then why are the two of them fighting in the wallpaper art on the lucasarts website.

Probably because at one point or another, the two will duke it out, and you'll lose your master. Much like the Obi-Wan/Vader fight in A New Hope.

Just a hunch.

All sith strive to be the strongest of their order, it is the fundamental lore they adhere to. Malak was weaker than Revan and respected that power enough to not try anything which could possibly fail. I think if you became the most powerful sith you'd do away with whatever masked villain is above you.

Effectively, regardless of your choice of path, you're going to fight the sith Lord since that's just the way things work. As good you fight him because he's evil, as neutral there's some other purpose (probably money) and as Sith you want to gain power.

Chances are if you go Sith you'll fight your master, much like other CRPGs when if you shifted alignment they turned on you. Or you persuade them to become your dark apprentice, although that's unlikely.

Perhaps the universe whould be in real turmoil where there is no good/bad divide. Since the events of the Mandalorian war divided the Jedi, surely the Star Forge divides them further. Some wanting to be far more pacifist since the risk of falling to the dark side has such repurcussions for the Republic. Some wanting to be more active, some being caught in the middle. Then add the lack of an obvious leader like Revan or Malak for split Sith factions, all with different ideas for the Galaxy.

A more open than the "good/bad" ending would be appreciated, something which doesn't constrict the player's choices, adds replayability and is not sorted out by a single encounter, but the culmination of a series of encounters/choices throughout the game.

I thought she was a teammate, and could be swayed light or dark depending on how you acted through the game. It would be better to have her an evil teammate and perhaps fight a couple of Jedi Masters at the end of the darkside game.

Your right. Atris is a party member.