Some Interface Stuff

Since you do interface level work perhaps you could tell/show us some of the improvements Obsidian has made, something exclusive to just Obsidian members.

Asked by icebox15 on another thread, I figured I'd share some stuff. But not in that thread, since it would've been hijacking the thread. And we never hijack threads around here. :o

A couple things:

There will be a Sound Track playing screen available off the main menu somewhat like the Movie Playing screen, except all the songs will be available from the start. Unlike movies that you have to unlock like in KotOR1.

As has been mentioned in other places, there are now two Weapon Config setups available on the equip screen. There is a 'Switch Weapons' action available in the action bar on the X-Box. I'm also thinking about making the 'Y' button perform that weapon swapping. There is a button the PC version that does the same thing. If your second equip slot doesn't have any weapons, then using the Switch Weapons command will put your weapons away so that you can walk around without them out or fight unarmed.

Script Behavior for your NPCs will be accessible from the main interface instead of buried a couple panels deep. I haven't implemented this just yet, so I only have a vague idea of how it is going to work.

The new color scheme for the main GUI panels is Green and Tan as opposed to Blue and Yellow in KotOR1.

All of the List displays have been expanded to display more at a time. At the X-Box's resolution, they almost all display 8 items instead of the 5 they displayed in KotOR1.

And as a final note: The panels will scale to your resolution in the PC version. No more teeny panel centered in a big, thick bordered background. :p

And there you go. Nothing too breathtaking, which is why I haven't mentioned any of it before. But some of it might be good news.

-Akari

I think every entry here constitutes good news.

Some people are calling the game an expansion pack, but there may actually be more improvements in this game than Fallout 2 had over Fallout.

And many of us loved Fallout 2.

Thanks Akari.

I appreciate the larger resolution menu screens. Looks silly with the tiny box in the center :p

And I can see myself putting my lightsaber away all the time, just because it is convenient :o

Y can't be the default button for switch weapon! What about our lightsaber flourishes!? ;) I guess it could be another button...

Yeah, I hear you there. Pressing 'Y' was the best way to pass time when having to traverse long distances! ;)

I'll see if another key might be available for the weapon swapping.

-Akari

As has been mentioned in other places, there are now two Weapon Config setups available on the equip screen.  There is a 'Switch Weapons' action available in the action bar on the X-Box. I'm also thinking about making the 'Y' button perform that weapon swapping.  There is a button the PC version that does the same thing.  If your second equip slot doesn't have any weapons, then using the Switch Weapons command will put your weapons away so that you can walk around without them out or fight unarmed.

This may sound incredibly dense, but what are the triggers used for? (My X-Box is all the way in the next room and I'm too lazy to walk there). Could they function similar to a "SHIFT", or "CONTROL" key or similar? Say, for example, LEFT+Y will perform a weapon swap, LEFT+A will make you dance like a monkey.

As has been mentioned in other places, there are now two Weapon Config setups available on the equip screen.  There is a 'Switch Weapons' action available in the action bar on the X-Box. I'm also thinking about making the 'Y' button perform that weapon swapping.  There is a button the PC version that does the same thing.  If your second equip slot doesn't have any weapons, then using the Switch Weapons command will put your weapons away so that you can walk around without them out or fight unarmed.

This may sound incredibly dense, but what are the triggers used for? (My X-Box is all the way in the next room and I'm too lazy to walk there). Could they function similar to a "SHIFT", or "CONTROL" key or similar? Say, for example, LEFT+Y will perform a weapon swap, LEFT+A will make you dance like a monkey.

Never mind, I remember now. They were used for changing targets. :|

Y can't be the default button for switch weapon! What about our lightsaber flourishes!? :o I guess it could be another button...

Yeah, I hear you there. Pressing 'Y' was the best way to pass time when having to traverse long distances! ;)

I'll see if another key might be available for the weapon swapping.

-Akari

So I guess that means no holstering? ;)

But we really need flourishes...didn't they add a blaster one? We wouldn't want to waste that now, would we? ;)

hehe.

I think everyone flourishes their weapon during the long trips ;)

I've asked this question about ten times and I still can't get an answer. Could someone please tell me what the heck weapon flourishes are? Maybe I don't know because I played it on the PC but I don't get it. Someone please elighten me.

Thanks, Akari!

Interesting. I've been on this forum for a couple of months none. People go on all sorts of tangents. Very repulsive, insulting, idiotic and insensitive things are said freely. And neither the comments or topics are deleted. I go on a silly and more importantly harmless rant and someone actually felt the need to delete it? And on top of that Old School's slight(however small) against me was kept in? Hmmmm. Alrighty then. I don't really understand but I don't care enough to have to.

Thanks, Akari!

Interesting. I've been on this forum for a couple of months none. People go on all sorts of tangents. Very repulsive, insulting, idiotic and insensitive things are said freely. And neither the comments or topics are deleted. I go on a silly and more importantly harmless rant and someone actually felt the need to delete it? And on top of that Old School's slight(however small) against me was kept in? Hmmmm. Alrighty then. I don't really understand but I don't care enough to have to.

I don't think they can be everywhere at once...and i insulted you how? By calling you a dude? Or correcting you spelling? If it is the former, you need thicker skin...I guess the reason they deleted it was because they thought you were spamming...I don't know, but we need to get back on topic...green and tan, interesting...