[RUMOR] Info on new TSL Character

I could see him being the main villain. Who is a more bad ass Sith than the one you put in charge of wiping out the freaking Jedi Order? Who is more likely to have the most active and direct role in hunting down the PC? He could use a little more backstory sure. But he's already got about as much as Malak. ;) At the least Im sure he'll be a pretty big boss. Assuming the rumor is actually accurate.

You misunderstood the quote. It says Sion is one of the Sith Lords hunting down the Jedi. Sion is not the only one doing this. From what I've heard of the game, all of the Sith Lords will be after the remaining Jedi. There isn't just one guy in charge of the hunt.

I didn't misunderstand anything. The only part I see relating to that is this...

"as the leader of a sect of Sith assassins sent to wipe out the Jedi Order, Sion and the player are destined to cross paths."

We know your PC is considered the last remaining Jedi for some reason. Or at least the only Jedi that can stop them. Who would then have the most direct and active (I did NOT say sole) role in finding and killing the PC? And you completely disregarded the other stuff I said.

I didn't misunderstand anything. The only part I see relating to that is this...

"as the leader of a sect of Sith assassins sent to wipe out the Jedi Order, Sion and the player are destined to cross paths."

We know your PC is considered the last remaining Jedi for some reason. Or at least the only Jedi that can stop them. Who would then have the most direct and active (I did NOT say sole) role in finding and killing the PC? And you completely disregarded the other stuff I said.

You said Sion was put in charge of the hunt. Not true. He was the leader of one of the groups hunting the Jedi. That's what I corrected.

I didn't disregard the other things you said. It's just that the other things you said have absolutely nothing to do with the particular comment I was responding to.

It doesn't say Sion was in charge of the whole hunt; it just says he was in charge of a group of the Sith Assassins doing the hunting.

Actually... look at the wallpaper released. That is the person who would be this sion. We know there are pics of someone. We just don't know if this sion rumor is correct.

As has been mentioned before, Sion doesn't seem like the "final boss" type, and the guy whose face they stick everywhere is usually the main villain's.

You said Sion was put in charge of the hunt. Not true. He was the leader of one of the groups hunting the Jedi. That's what I corrected.

I didn't disregard the other things you said. It's just that the other things you said have absolutely nothing to do with the particular comment I was responding to.

It doesn't say Sion was in charge of the whole hunt; it just says he was in charge of a group of the Sith Assassins doing the hunting.

I didn't say Sion was put it in charge of the hunt the quote from Tyrell says it.

Ok.

HEHEHE. Man some people take things so insanely literal. You think there's 5 different sects of Sith assassins or something? As I pointed out already. I did NOT say he was the sole guy in charge of hunting the PC. Just that he would obviously have the most direct and active role of any of the Sith Lords. Who are the Sith going to send to stop the Jedi they believe is the only one that can stop them?

Sith troopers? NO. Their going to send the Sith Assassins and who is going to be leading those Sith assassins? Sion. Yes you will run into other enemies when going to worlds and stopping Sith Lords. Yes they will send people including troops to try and kill you if they find out the Ebon Hawk is in the sector etc. But the one actively hunting you down would be Sion.

Assuming this is more than just a rumor.

Actually... look at the wallpaper released.  That is the person who would be this sion.  We know there are pics of someone.  We just don't know if this sion rumor is correct.

As has been mentioned before, Sion doesn't seem like the "final boss" type, and the guy whose face they stick everywhere is usually the main villain's.

As I mentioned he could very well be the main villain. There is no doubt the guy in all the wallpapers and art with the mask is the main baddie.

Villains wear a mask for two reasons. Physical deformation: Malak, Vader etc.

Secrecy because it is important people not know who they are. Revan in the cutscenes.

So Sion's twisted body is an excellent reason for a full face mask and robes covering every inch of his body. The Sith Lords don't have a need to keep their identity secret. He also has the most important role in killing the Jedi including the PC. Not saying he definitely is. But that he is a good candidate.

I didn't say Sion was put it in charge of the hunt the quote from Tyrell says it.

Ok.

HEHEHE. Man some people take things so insanely literal. You think there's 5 different sects of Sith assassins or something? As I pointed out already. I did NOT say he was the sole guy in charge of hunting the PC. Just that he would obviously have the most direct and active role of any of the Sith Lords. Who are the Sith going to send to stop the Jedi they believe is the only one that can stop them?

Sith troopers? NO. Their going to send the Sith Assassins and who is going to be leading those Sith assassins? Sion. Yes you will run into other enemies when going to worlds and stopping Sith Lords. Yes they will send people including troops to try and kill you if they find out the Ebon Hawk is in the sector etc. But the one actively hunting you down would be Sion.

Assuming this is more than just a rumor.

I had been thinking that there's more than one group of Sith Assassins and that Sion was just leading one specific group of them. But, if there's only one big group, and Sion's their leader, then you are right that he would be the Sith with the most active role.

Jeez, this is a lot of speculation going on over a character who is still just a rumour... ;)

I had been thinking that there's more than one group of Sith Assassins and that Sion was just leading one specific group of them. But, if there's only one big group, and Sion's their leader, then you are right that he would be the Sith with the most active role.

Jeez, this is a lot of speculation going on over a character who is still just a rumour... ;)

I don't think there'd be more than one sect of assassins. Or it would probably say Sion leads THE group of Sith assassins in charge of eradicating the Jedi Order. Not A sect.

Darth Sion isn't the masked guy you've seen in all the artwork. :lol: But you have seen him somewhere...

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor though due to lack of actually knowing myself. ;)

-Akari

How do we know that the guy in the mask is the main boss, it could just be a random Sith lord.

The guy they put everywhere is nearly always the main villain. Why would they put a boss whose of lesser importance? That wouldn't make sense.

Besides, Akari just confirmed that Sion isn't the "Masked One".

Maybe there is no main boss.

Well, that is a possibility, but the masked Sith Lord has to somehow be the more important one for some reason. Maybe you can redeem him, or he has the most tragic story for how he became a Sith, or he ends up having a personal vendetta against you, or something. He must have some quality, or there must be some aspect about him that the other Sith Lords don't have.

Darth Sion isn't the masked guy you've seen in all the artwork. :p But you have seen him somewhere...

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor though due to lack of actually knowing myself. :(

-Akari

What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you working on the game or are you just smoking Feargus' stash of medicinal weed? :rolleyes:

I could see him being the main villain. Who is a more bad ass Sith than the one you put in charge of wiping out the freaking Jedi Order? Who is more likely to have the most active and direct role in hunting down the PC? Let's not forget the whole broken, twisted body thing which inevitably leads to a mask. Malak didn't have that mask just for looks. :( Also continues the same vein of physically mutilated Sith Lords. Vader, Malak, Emperor(with his decayed and withering body). He could use a little more backstory sure. But he's already got about as much as Malak. :rolleyes: At the least Im sure he'll be a pretty big boss. Assuming the rumor is actually accurate.

I agree completely. People are complaining about lack of depth in this character, so "he can't be the main Sith Lord". But it is only a rumor, and a small one at that, so it could very well become more in depth and actually be the "main sith lord" or the "bone mask d00d".

At least, I think so.

Darth Sion isn't the masked guy you've seen in all the artwork. :) But you have seen him somewhere...

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor though due to lack of actually knowing myself.  :(

-Akari

What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you working on the game or are you just smoking Feargus' stash of medicinal weed? :rolleyes:

I do mostly interface level work and gameplay level implementations. I read the story docs way back when I started, but I don't remember much of them and I don't think they were fleshed out at the time anyway. And most character details are kept in the various designers' notes which I haven't read.

I know who the Sith Lords are, but I don't know anything about them or how they actually factor in. To be honest, most of the story is as much a surprise for me as it will be for people playing it for the first time. :p

-Akari

Akari is perhaps the most forthcoming of all developers. Akari has given us more info on this game than anyone else.

Akari has also tried to integrate our suggestions. And this coming from a lowly interface developer.

Darth Sion isn't the masked guy you've seen in all the artwork.  But you have seen him somewhere...

I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor though due to lack of actually knowing myself. 

-Akari

Wow. That has my head spinning with speculation, you evil, evil man.