Extra Content for the PC Version

Would you like to see some extra content in the PC version?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see some extra content in the PC version?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Since the earlier topic I started seems to have left the topic, I thought I would start a poll.

Should Obsidian follow the path of Bioware and add extra content (nothing big, an extra trade area like the Yavin station(maybe even just a return to the Yavin station) and some extra items) to the PC version to compensate PC gamers for the Xbox version releasing first?

You pc guys seem to forget that international xboxers are in the same boat. It would be completely unfair to add extra content to the pc version and then neglect the international xbox users. If they add extra content, I am sure it will be available to both xbox and pc. It was the same with yavin on the first kotor too,

This is my problem with you pc users, you keep going on about you are neglected and how they prefer xbox over pc, but remember this; it is ONLY xboxers in USA that get the game in December!

I say it again; international xboxers are in the same boat! So when you continue all your complaining/whining remember us international xboxers too, how unfair would it be if you pc guys get extra content because of the delay and the rest of us who been waiting 2-3 extra month gets nothing!

Come to think of it, that would probably just make your day

You pc guys seem to forget that international xboxers are in the same boat. It would be completely unfair to add extra content to the pc version and then neglect the international xbox users. If they add extra content, I am sure it will be available to both xbox and pc. It was the same with yavin on the first kotor too,

This is my problem with you pc users, you keep going on about you are neglected and how they prefer xbox over pc, but remember this; it is ONLY xboxers in USA that get the game in December!

I say it again; international xboxers are in the same boat! So when you continue all your complaining/whining remember us international xboxers too, how unfair would it be if you pc guys get extra content because of the delay and the rest of us who been waiting 2-3 extra month gets nothing!

Come to think of it, that would probably just make your day

I would love to see us PC gamers get a little extras as compensation for having to wait those few extra months. But I suspect Obsidian has to move almost its entire KotOR2-team onto the next project (Neverwinter Nights 2 or Icewind Dale 3) almost immediately. Also, putting in a little extras sounds easy but I'm guessing it's actually a complicated process, with all the bug testing, QA and release candidates that has to be sent everywhere.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I sympathize, really I do......but give us additional content, I really don't care whether you get it on Live or not.  :huh:

Right back at you ;)

Eh, but we almost ALWAYS get screwed over whenever it's a crossplatform title. Either our game is released several months later, or we get a crappy port released at the same time, but with load sections every few steps. It friggin sucks. :)

Eh, but we almost ALWAYS get screwed over whenever it's a crossplatform title.  Either our game is released several months later, or we get a crappy port released at the same time, but with load sections every few steps.  It friggin sucks.  :)

Somethimes it's the other way around too. Look at Doom 3 and Half Life 2, they will be released later on xbox and will be crappy grapichs wise compared to on PC. And I still don't understand how you can play first person shooters without mouse and keyboard :huh:

Guess I have to get used to it...

Eh, but we almost ALWAYS get screwed over whenever it's a crossplatform title.  Either our game is released several months later, or we get a crappy port released at the same time, but with load sections every few steps.  It friggin sucks.  :(

Somethimes it's the other way around too. Look at Doom 3 and Half Life 2, they will be released later on xbox and will be crappy grapichs wise compared to on PC. And I still don't understand how you can play first person shooters without mouse and keyboard :o

Guess I have to get used to it...

EVERYTHING is crappy graphicswise compared to PC, at least when it takes advantage of more hightech PC hardware. ;) The only reason those came out first, is because they have been, and unless something changes drastically, ALWAYS WILL BE primarily PC titles. I'm not even talking about games like GTA though, because just like with Doom and Halflife, those were originally console titles. I'm thinking more along the lines of Theif III, Deus Ex 2, most recent Lucasarts games that were available for both platforms, the most recent Oddworld title (as I've mentioned before, at least when that series was on a Sony console, they gave us a port)......fact is, Billy is out to monopolize the gaming industry now that he's seen he's losing his grip on OS software.....and apparently even though it's never been a problem with any console makers before.....he's out for blood against PC gaming too. :(

that's why i am not fond of the ideea of having a game on both xbox and PC, kotor would be a lot cooler graphic wise and actually anything wise for PC only if they would not have the limits of the xbox to work with - so PC users will have to settle with xbox graphics even if our PC's could handle a lot more. now i'm not saying that kotor should be from now on a PC only game 'cause we all love it but it should'n have been done on both platforms from the beggining - if it would have been a PC only game it would have been cooler as i said, if it would of been an xbox only game that would have been fine by me as i would of known that cannot be ported (or wouldn't be ported) just as other games are (i.e. dragonballz games which i am a big fan don't come on the PC and i only have a PC but i got use to it)

PC gamers would have gotten another game from star wars universe and it would have been all tied up - it would have been an rpg too since kotor would have been a big hit on xbox

*whew* i hope you can understand what am i trying to say as this is my biggest post so far in english and i kinda feel i screwed up the verbs tenses

"You pc guys seem to forget that international xboxers are in the same boat. It would be completely unfair to add extra content to the pc version and then neglect the international xbox users."

LOL! a whole line of 'give us more' 'compensate me's'

WHile I can relate in being let down by not being able to play the game as early as you might have thought.

But I find it a lot easier to just realize this is a business as well as your hobby! Not just 1!

Hopefully by then they will have made extra content being paid by Xbox for Xbox Live. And the PC users will gain off MS's paid time, by getting something extra sometime. But of course even if that does happen.. PC users will still be pissed at MS it seems. lol.

Ambrosia3.gif

Here's the difference, PC gamers were promised a simultaneous release of the PC and XBox versions in North America, where as the "international" XBox version wasn't ever a part of it and the reason you guys have to wait is so that the game can be converted to the PAL format. Not to mention that besides Japan the North America is the largest videogame market and of course is the largest market for the XBox. Besides, if the PC version does get "exclusive" content again it'll most likely be available on the XBox version eventually either as a Live download or on a disc from a gaming magazine. Hell, there will probably already be XBox Live content by the end of February anyway. :p

Damn Lucas Arts.....