Effects of long term Aspartame consumption.

Oerwinde

Brain Cancer, seizures and convulsions, arthritic and joint pain, chronic fatigue, depression, memory loss, vision damage and loss, tingling in the extremities, slurring of speech, irritability, severe anxiety attacks, menstrual problems, blood sugar control problems, symptoms similar to multiple sclerosis, worsening of fibromyalgia, parkinson's tremors, etc.

Just so you know :D

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yep. And I'd prefer gaining a couple pounds by having sugar in my pop than having crazy neurological disorders.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, and smoking causes cancer. :lol:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Haha, I will laugh at you when you ::twitch::twitch:: have no teeth left! I laugh so hard my extremities tingle! HAHA! But what the hell was I laughing about? Damnit, I forgot and that makes me really sad! Now I want to kill myself, and I would if that damn headache would let go. It gets worse and worse every day. Crap, all this typing has exhausted me and my aching fingers. I'll go rest my strangely weak eyes now. Bye.

Now where did I put that Cola Light? I'm thirsty.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i think this list of dangers is created by superdosing mice with aspartame. the problem is that there isn't always a clear parallel to human indications AND, just about ANY chemical is poisonous in excess amounts. there's a threshold for nearly everything (even oxygen folks) where a substance becomes toxic. in small amounts, it ain't all that bad.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Eh, I can remember when a similar list came out about the dye used to make cherries red and a spray used to make apples shiny. Both turned out to be totally bogus claims started by eco-terror groups.

Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners have made life bearable for diabetics. Since my husband is diabetic, I thank God for these products every day.

Eh, I can remember when a similar list came out about the dye used to make cherries red and a spray used to make apples shiny.  Both turned out to be totally bogus claims started by eco-terror groups.

Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners have made life bearable for diabetics.  Since my husband is diabetic, I thank God for these products every day.

There are other artificial sweeteners that are way less harmful(or the side effects aren't yet known :)), like Sucralose(Splenda), Aspartame is in fact a neurotoxin that happens to be sweet and have no short term effects.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Eh, I can remember when a similar list came out about the dye used to make cherries red and a spray used to make apples shiny. Both turned out to be totally bogus claims started by eco-terror groups.

Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners have made life bearable for diabetics. Since my husband is diabetic, I thank God for these products every day.

red dye #2 (or was it 32?) and alar...

my wife uses it, though her diabetes is controlled well enough to use sugar products within reason. i did chuckle the other day when she got a low-carb chicken sammich from carl's jr. (hardee's elsewhere) only to find that simply means "no bun" :) we got home and she slapped it on a bun... hehehe.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I tend to not drink cokes. I prefer tea. I guess I'd fall in Di's camp on this one. There are so many claims concerning various and sundry artificial ingredients that it's hard to know what to believe. This is especially true since claims come out so quickly I'll hear the counter claim or research before I even hear the original claim.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The last Surgeon General (Stoops) was convinced that Saccarin was the devil, and worse than smoking. Very briefly we had warning labels fror saccarin, but it's hard to have a legible warning label on a packet of Sweet-N-Low.