The "pet" you get

i wanted a cyborg tukata that went crazy and attacked all my enemies (if u dont know what a tukata is its the evil dog things on korriban)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

It'll turn out that Atton Rand is a cyborg, like those chicks in Austin Powers, and he turns on you, firing lasers out of his bare chested nipples.

Eww....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Come on now. Everyone can just hear "Touch Myself" playing over their speakers as Atton Rand first appears in the game.

Vader's got the Imperial March, Maul's got Duels of Fate (or whatever it was called) and Atton's got Touch Myself.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Come on now.  Everyone can just hear "Touch Myself" playing over their speakers as Atton Rand first appears in the game.

Vader's got the Imperial March, Maul's got Duels of Fate (or whatever it was called) and Atton's got Touch Myself.

Just wondering, y did we target atton in the first place?

Come on now.  Everyone can just hear "Touch Myself" playing over their speakers as Atton Rand first appears in the game.

Just wondering, y did we target atton in the first place?

I dont know, i think that started b4 i joined!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

No clue.  Maybe just like Darth Vader translates to Dark Father (or close to it), Atton Rand translates to Loves Men.

Ok I god

Rand=edge in dutch and german

but that's it.

I tried "Atton Rand" japanese, french, italian, spanish, korean, german, dutch, portuguese, greek, and obviously it doesn't seem to mean anything in english. Anyone with a better translator with more languages can try!

Hrm....Randy? 

Anyhow, it started when we noted Atton's likeness to Carth, and coupled with the Carth hating that was the majority in the early days of this boards, plus Feargie's propaganda (he even ran with it and made fun of Atton), we have the metrosexual we all know and hate today.  :D

Ok...

BTW, what's Metrosexual?

Hrm....Randy? 

Anyhow, it started when we noted Atton's likeness to Carth, and coupled with the Carth hating that was the majority in the early days of this boards, plus Feargie's propaganda (he even ran with it and made fun of Atton), we have the metrosexual we all know and hate today.  :D

Ok...

BTW, what's Metrosexual?

Think the protagonists in just about every Square Enix game. Basically, a person who looks and acts 'gay' but digs women. <shrugs>

Hrm....Randy? 

Ok...

BTW, what's Metrosexual?

Think the protagonists in just about every Square Enix game. Basically, a person who looks and acts 'gay' but digs women. <shrugs>

SQUALL DEFIES THAT!!!! Maybe cloud also. But tidus and zidane...

A "better" way to say it might be a hip, fashion conscious, latest trend following, heterosexual male.

Dude, don't go trying to change positions on it now, you started this whole thing more or less. :p

On the other hand, I do have to agree with a stand-up comedian I saw on Comedy Central recently. When you think about it, being called gay by a homophobe isn't really that much of an insult.....They dress better, they're more polite for the most part, and women dig them more than straight guys. :)

Hrm....Randy? 

Ok...

BTW, what's Metrosexual?

Think Ryan Seacrest.

Hrm....Randy? 

Ok...

BTW, what's Metrosexual?

SQUALL DEFIES THAT!!!! Maybe cloud also. But tidus and zidane...

Well, Squall was designed after a bi-sexual Japanese pop singer.

gamespotting_screen006.jpg