Battle Meditation

i was on ign again (i know this is getttin repetitive havin two other topics about my trip there) and i saw a pic of batttle meditation. in the pic the pc and npcs were surrounded by this green glow and the enemy a red one. and i was glad to see that u dont have to sit down and meditate like bastilla did.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

My theory is that really powerful Battle MEDITATION requires meditation (for whole armies), but for 3 people or so you're fine standing and fighting (maybe with a -1 penalty).

Perhaps, but they better make it different/better than Force Valor, 'cause LS practically has no new powers it seems (incidently BM is 'neutral' which rubs the salt into the wounds). <_<

manthing2.jpg

My theory is that really powerful Battle MEDITATION requires meditation (for whole armies), but for 3 people or so you're fine standing and fighting (maybe with a -1 penalty).

Sounds fair enough, but i wonder how it will work actually. Will your stats boost up and the enemy will his lowered?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Perhaps, but they better make it different/better than Force Valor, 'cause LS practically has no new powers it seems (incidently BM is 'neutral' which rubs the salt into the wounds). <_<

yes,hopefully.and hopefully the lightside powers they're keeping secret will make playing ls desireable.

Sounds fair enough, but i wonder how it will work actually. Will your stats boost up and the enemy will his lowered?

yes thats how it works. at leats thats how it worked in kotor for bastilla. her allies worked in perfect unison while the enemies just couldnt work together.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I expect it will work differently to Valor, which boosts ability scores.

It will probably give +1 to attack rolls, damage and saves for allies and -1 to attack rolls, damage and saves for hostiles.

It will also influence the outcome of large scale battles through cut sceens and dialog.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Force Clarvoyance has been mentioned but wasn't featured in the ign preview. Maybe that is LS.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Does anyone else think your BM may factor somewhat in the Onderon section of the game, I mean we know there are two warring factions, and you can either join sides or play each side against each other. Soooo maybe (assuming we have battle meditation at that point) we could use it to sway the tide of battle to our whim, whether light or dark side? Just a thought. :blink:

Does anyone else think your BM may factor somewhat in the Onderon section of the game, I mean we know there are two warring factions, and you can either join sides or play each side against each other. Soooo maybe (assuming we have battle meditation at that point) we could use it to sway the tide of battle to our whim, whether light or dark side? Just a thought. ;)

makes sense.wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be true.