Turned Base, or Clunky Combat???

what would rather...a turned based game or a clunky combat system...

To me their have been no great combat systems for any star wars games...Not Jedi Acedemy was good...but it really wasn't all that good...

KOTOR is turned base....I think that made the game more enjoyable...what would u prefer?

What the h*** are you talkin'about, newb?

To me their have been no great combat systems for any star wars games...Not Jedi Acedemy was good...but it really wasn't all that good...

KOTOR is turned base....I think that made the game more enjoyable...what would u prefer?

What the h*** are you talkin'about, newb?

The Combat system of KOTOR and KOTOR 2...some people didn't like the Turned Based Combat system...All though everything happenned in real time it was still turned based...some people prefered a combat system like in Jedi Acedemy...just wanted to know which one more people preffered.

Jedu Outcast was good and i think battle front might even though i'm not buying it

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

ToEE has the best combat and if you want a combat oriented Dungeon Crawl that has a story that makes no sense then give it a try.  I think you can get it for $5 now.  However KotOR, hell even IWD2 and NWN OC beats the game story wise.

Wow, and IWD doesn't even really have a plot.

So, what's this ToEE system? I mean, KOTOR is kind of fun with fighting as you can see the animation and actions...

Have any pnp style non-D20 systems been attempted? I'm refering specifically to CODA and unisystem.

ToEE is true DnD combat. FUll of options such as bull rush, trip attacks, and the such. Very detailed and stuff that I would have loved to see in KotOR 2. If you can get it on the cheap its worth the money. Graphically its like BG/Arcanum in style but character art is fully 3D and allows spells like Enlarge/Reduce. There are tons of different animations depending on your actions.

Well the two that comes to mind is the Story Teller system from WHite WOlffound in the Vampire games, though it is heavily modified in Redemption. I don't know much about Bloodlines. The other is SPECIAL which was originally based off GURPS and still has the GURPS feel to it.

its really hard to say which i prefer as they both have plusses and minuses. i feel strategicly turn based is better where as controlling your fight and having to swing the lightsaber is so much more fun. I am not biased against any type and im sure for kotor 2 well from what i saw of the trailer as long as the chars can fight with some more style than kotor 1 then im 100% happy.

KOTOR fight system was pathetic. Jedi Academy was better million times with it's dynamic duels - you could really feel jedi reflex.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Lets not forget it is an RPG, and RPGs hav nether really been known for there excellent combat systems.

All things considered, KOTOR has perhaps one of the better looking fight systems of RPGs out there. I mean, at least it seemed more relistic than in say NWN.

In NWN, the swords nether lock, in KOTOR, they do.

KOTOR fight systems also seems to be more continuos, at least u didnt wait for up to 5seconds before someone made a move.

I agree, not the best fight system out there, but JA is a poor comparison, since JA and KOTOR are highly different. One is an RPG, the other is a third/first person game.