Questions to Dev's, Take 4

Question1, will at least some music from the original be used.

Question2, is there any hint about Revan and Bastila being in the game as characters themselves, and not just discovering there fate without actually meeting them.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Question1, when will we see some new info, and not just a few new screenshots, if u know at all, pls tell me. If u dont, is there anything to hint about the release of new info.

They have said multiply times that they don't, LA takes care of that stuff

3rd and final question, is there any hint about Revan and Bastila being in the game.

I believe most previews mention that we will find out Revans fate.

There has been no mention of Bastilla, but cameos from some KOTOR1 NPCs have been confirmed.

Will the intelligence attribute actually add modifiers to the amount of skill points you have?

In KOTOR I had an intelligence of 20, which should have given +5 to skill points, however at jedi classes I only had a single point at each level. Also some of the other characters would only recieve only 1 skill point regardless of intelligence bonuses.

Will TSL ensure that intelligence adds to the skill points, and can you focus the points on one particular skill, rather than being forced to stop at a certain number at each level? For instance at the character creation screen when you first start will you be able to put ALL the points into repair, or can you only increase a skill by 2 at a time like KOTOR?

Will the intelligence attribute actually add modifiers to the amount of skill points you have?

In KOTOR I had an intelligence of 20, which should have given +5 to skill points, however at jedi classes I only had a single point at each level.  Also some of the other characters would only recieve only 1 skill point regardless of intelligence bonuses.

Will TSL ensure that intelligence adds to the skill points, and can you focus the points on one particular skill, rather than being forced to stop at a certain number at each level?  For instance at the character creation screen when you first start will you be able to put ALL the points into repair, or can you only increase a skill by 2 at a time like KOTOR?

I think I can give a tentative answer for that, considering the fact that the KOTOR series of games are loosely based on the Star Wars D20 RPG rules by WOTC, I don't think so, since fixed skill rank maxima are an integral feature of the D20 ruleset.

Whats with that black dragon that was on the video in IGN(i think it was a video of the E3 demo)?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Is there any chance of getting confirmation of the system requirements? (Assuming they're about the same as the original, but you never know ;) )

I have been asking about this, and have been told that the req's are pretty much the same as the first game. - This could change, and I have seen it change before a game comes out, but right now, if you can play the first, you shouldn't have a problem with the second.

do force powers do a constant dmg or does the dmg go up as you level. if so is there a cap to how much you can do?

will there be different levels of mods (not named level 1,2,3 but giving better stats) for guns and armor or will there be slots you have to fill with certain mods?

will the head wear be moddable?

will there be power struggles between 2 light saber users? (maybe 3 - 5 seconds of saber to saber stand-off)

can sabers be knocked out of the enemies hand? (maybe as part of a fatalaty if that term applies outside of mortal kombat)

will there be special finishing moves maybe chosen by the player to finish off an enemy (maybe only for lightsaber fights)

if none of this stuff is in right now, what are the chances it could be added before the feb 2005 release?

if none of this stuff is in right now, what are the chances it could be added before the feb 2005 release?

I'm pretty sure that they won't add new stuff to the game now, the game is finished.

The only thing they do now is converting it to pal version for Xbox and bug fixing/optimization for pc and possible extra downloadable content....

Is there any chance of getting confirmation of the system requirements? (Assuming they're about the same as the original, but you never know :huh: )

I have been asking about this, and have been told that the req's are pretty much the same as the first game. - This could change, and I have seen it change before a game comes out, but right now, if you can play the first, you shouldn't have a problem with the second.

Cool! Always nice to know I can actually play thet thinlg.

I remember a response that was vague but hinted that it'll be much more stable so possibly the system requirements will be a little more accurate this time around. My question:

Since the use of skills is being increased will there be things like with HK where it'll be completely dependent on the pc skill or can you use the party members too, because not unlocking his memory core was missing the best part of the game imo and with my first character, and some others it was pretty hard to do?

Been a while since I've posted here, kind of a self imposed game info blackout.

Anyway, had a browse around and noticed a response about the head models for the PC (in "Weekend Programmer" thread) which reminds me:

Are there alternate textures/skins for the existing/new PC head models?

Last time I asked was probably a few months ago and got a response mentioning the new head models but I'm guessing something would have been known/mentioned about this by now..

Firstly their getting all the bugs out so the game is pretty much bug free. That will take time.

Secondly Half a year is 6 months not 5 lol  :rolleyes:

Thirdly, have you ever created a game of this magnitude? Not as far as I know so who knows how long it takes eh

it is about half a year, an estimate, ffs i cant believe you even argued that. it can very well be almost 6 months if it gets released late feb counting the days left in september. i really hope you didnt feal smart when making this post...

you dont seem to know much so i really doubt you've created any kind of game. i have been involved in the development of games and know that 6 months for bug fixing is way more than needed especially since they're going to be able to release patches. and i'm only talking final testing, they fix bugs through the whole development of the game. and on top of all that, this is an edited version of a proven engine. sure they have been engine code changes but its still based on a working game engine and isnt as hard to test for bugs.