Questions to Dev's, Take 4

Yeah thats right,

And btw the release date is no longer feb 2005 children, its december 7th 2004 according to the devs watch atm...

huh?

exactly what I was thinking

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

This may have been asked before but anyways...

When the Xbox version is released in december, will downloadable content be availible straight away? I read it somewhere that it will, but it doesnt make sense to me since they could have just put it in the game from get go. Not that I will complain :)

Has better care been taken with continuity in KOTOR 2? KOTOR didn't do anything that couldn't be looked over, but it kinda fumbled on the bits and pieces. Like the Valley of the Dark Lords, which was completely wrong. I did what I could for the it, and the tombs were seperated for the PC version, but it could have never been right. Also Naga Sadows tomb, which like I said can be looked over as a Memorial for Naga and not his actual tomb. Yet the lack of research shows again either way, Naga Sadow was on Yavin.

The Darth reference was given by LFL so that isn't a problem.

So seeing as lack of research kinda messed up some bits of the game for continuity, the biggest being the Valley, has better care been taken this time? Meaning yall don't put something in without doing the research first?

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I have a question for the devs, although it's not strictly about KotOR2. I was curious about programming for the XBox, how does that work? Do you compile and run on an emulator, burn to a disc and play on an actual XBox, copy to a "development" XBox that's designed for testing, etc?

If Coruscant is one of TSL locations is it any chance that it will have a look and climate of such ancient times? I hope that Coruscant will wary from 4000 year older Coruscant we know from the prequels not just copy superskyscrapers and air taxis...the greatest problem of KOTOR was it's modernity. 4000 years is same distance as between us and Ancient Egypt, yet in KOTOR everything was the same as in the movies ("sith fighters") and we felt no giant distance at all...

So my question is similar to Darth Nuke's concern - continuity and logic!

And of course I hope that Bastila will not be wasted like in part one.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Whats with that black dragon that was on the video in IGN(i think it was a video of the E3 demo)?

Do you know which article that was on?

I don't recall seeing any dragons, but I have seen a lot of mortal combat banners on articles for KotOR2, I think I have seen other flash banners also.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264...4_01_wmvlow.wmv

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well the bioware forums way back when discussed the modern feel and decided it was because of dark ages that came later in the EU or something and the time it takes for tech to diffuse through the whole galaxy along with the constant war putting major governments in military spending modes.

just a question on how you choose the light or dark side and how it affects party members. If you character goes bad so does your party from what I hear, does this also affect the characters one liners just for example HK47's meatbag comments if you choose light would it change to something nicer.

Well the bioware forums way back when discussed the modern feel and decided it was because of dark ages that came later in the EU or something and the time it takes for tech to diffuse through the whole galaxy along with the constant war putting major governments in military spending modes.

Yeah you for sure don't know the EU (no offense). Tales of the Jedi presents these times as ancient and they are canon. If KOTOR contradicts canon then it's not part of a canon. And 5000 stupid fanfics about Revan will not change this.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I don't know the EU, just thought the people who said that stuff in the other forums did. They said there was a large jedi/sith war that almost wiped out both orders and led to some sort of dark age. In some ways though it's the same tech problem as in the hideous prequels and part of that is how you can make a fighter that still fights but isnt' as fast as the rather slow x-wings in the real movies. How ancient are we talking while still having hyperdrives and all that?

Modernity is a big issue in SW and to be honest - it's hard to show ancient galaxy and still be reliable. Christian Gossett when was creating first visions of that era solved this problem by making lightsabers, starships and costumes to look more ancient and for example lightsabers had ornaments like medieval katanas or arabian swords... starships had strange and peculiar , lo-tech design and so on. It all about aesthetics. If devs would put more effort they could go Gosset's path and make KOTOR really look ancient. Nobody says to really meditate what was technology level 4000 years before Vader. Since Star Wars isn't scientific blurb like Star Trek - only uses science as a decoration, all scientific issue is reduced to aesthetic look. I think that showing Gosset's fantasy climate in KOTOR was possible but someone was just afraid to ignore Lucas movies. A pity becouse endless copying of Star Wars movies hurt both games and movies.

(I have posted a huge gallery of images taken from Tales of the Jedi - all who

are interested not only in bashing me for my heresies may view it in this thread:

Planet Speculation look at one of the last posts on page - becouse on this page are other galleries as well)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Those are some cool pictures. It seems like that sort of art design would be much harder to pull off and some of the designs for ships, like the wedge-shaped guy in 452 only works because of being anciliary and low detail. I guess it would really problematize some things though because SW is almost completely about art design; just look at the dialogue in all the movies. I really do like how a lot of the ships have distinct drive areas without habitation. That really works well.

On a related note, what's with the sith ships? They have a sort of VSD look about them which just doesn't fit with the universe at all since those were of Republic design and have precursors of some sort in Ep 2, and then Carth apparently served on the Leviathan which isn't a Republic ship. That was just way too convenient and also left it ambiguous whether that was a Sith or Rakatan design.

Modernity is a big issue in SW and to be honest - it's hard to show ancient galaxy and still be reliable. Christian Gossett when was creating first visions of that era solved this problem by making lightsabers, starships and costumes to look more ancient and for example lightsabers had ornaments like medieval katanas or arabian swords... starships had strange and peculiar , lo-tech design and so on. It all about aesthetics. If devs would put more effort they could go Gosset's path and make KOTOR really look ancient. Nobody says to really meditate what was  technology level 4000 years before Vader. Since Star Wars isn't scientific blurb like Star Trek - only uses science as a decoration, all scientific issue is reduced to aesthetic look. I think that showing Gosset's fantasy climate in KOTOR was possible but someone was just afraid to ignore Lucas movies. A pity becouse endless copying of Star Wars movies hurt both games and movies.

(I have posted a huge gallery of images taken from Tales of the Jedi - all who

are interested not only in bashing me for my heresies may view it in this thread:

Planet Speculation look at one of the last posts on page - becouse on this page are other galleries as well)

Don't forget the corded Lightsabres with waist mounted power supplies. :huh:

Those are some cool pictures.  It seems like that sort of art design would be much harder to pull off and some of the designs for ships, like the wedge-shaped guy in 452 only works because of being anciliary and low detail.  I guess it would really problematize some things though because SW is almost completely about art design; just look at the dialogue in all the movies.  I really do like how a lot of the ships have distinct drive areas without habitation.  That really works well.

On a related note, what's with the sith ships?  They have a sort of VSD look about them which just doesn't fit with the universe at all since those were of Republic design and have precursors of some sort in Ep 2, and then Carth apparently served on the Leviathan which isn't a Republic ship.  That was just way too convenient and also left it ambiguous whether that was a Sith or Rakatan design.

The Leviathan was a republic flagship that defected. All of the ships forged in the Starforge, were of republic and/or sith design. All the Starforge did was mass produce stuff, it still needed a sample copy, or a set of plans. ;)

If Coruscant is one of TSL locations is it any chance that it will have a look and climate of such ancient times? I hope that Coruscant will wary from 4000 year older Coruscant we know from the prequels not just copy superskyscrapers and air taxis...the greatest problem of KOTOR was it's modernity. 4000 years is same distance as between us and Ancient Egypt, yet in KOTOR everything was the same as in the movies ("sith fighters") and we felt no giant distance at all...

So my question is similar to Darth Nuke's concern - continuity and logic!

And of course I hope that Bastila will not be wasted like in part one.

In the SW story, there is what, 25,000 years of development with a central government by the time the Kotor story was in? Thats much more then ours of modern technology.

You can't really compare our timespan, with the SW stories logically IMO.

I also highly doubt the Capital of the Universe would be incredibly different in a 30,000 year period of it existing, when you take 4,000 years off.

But it would sure be sweet if Coruscant is in KotOR II!!

Ambrosia3.gif

Man educate yourself. We have image of ancient Coruscant already in TOTJ.

Maybe you should read my posts more carefully to understand what I have in mind.

I have in mind that devs should follow the aesthetical image of the ancient era shown in TOTJ instead of mindless copying GL movies.

Coruscant 4000 years ago reminded our modern cities - like New York. It was a great metropoly but different from prequel Coruscant. And that's good becouse

it must be different considering so great time distance.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Here's hoping that the devs are still reading this thread :)

Will how you answer the questions relating to how you played KOTOR affect your starting alignment in TSL? (i.e. if you finished DS then will you start out as a more DS PC).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

If the Leviathan was the Republic flagship why did they only have those silly red and white things?

what red and white things?

AscendedPaladin.png

He means those republic cruisers in the game that reminds TPM republic cruisers.

And yes republic should have more leviathan-type ships, it's illogical that only Sith use them.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: