The voice actors were excellent. Especially the guy who did the guy who you can beat before Twitch in Taris.

You mean Marl. It's Deadye, then Gerloin, then ICE, then Marl, then Twitch, The Bedak Starkiller.

iceman1731.jpg

It seems we will be able to tell Revan's gender at the beginning, which implies that either his appearance will be very brief, or that he/she won't make an appearance at all, since obsidian would have to do two sets of voice recordings for both genders which in turn would mean ridiculously inflated media storage requirements, not to mention the additional cost and time on the part of the devs. I kept looking for Revan in screenshots, etc. but this single problem pretty much rules out a full appearance.

There are too many possibilities to start ruling out who could be in the game and who couldn't. The amount of voicework done in KOTOR was unbelievable, so I think they could afford to cut a few characters to make room for a male Revan and a female Revan. I will say this though...if they have raised the level cap (presumably to around 30), then we will probably be looking at a significantly longer game than KotoR, which wasn't exactly the kind of game you could beat in a day, even if all you did was play. So basically, they're going to need a ton of media storage space either way.

On the other hand, with Kotor not only was the voice acting superb, but the script writing proved to be very convincing as well, so I doubt we'll see anything that deviates a little bit from this high standard because that would instantaneously make people grow cold toward the game. Watching the walkthrough video what caught my attention first, trying to read the dialogue at the bottom of the screen, was its draft-like style which gave me a couple of minutes' anguish until it was revealed the demo had nothing to do with the real story.

KOTOR 2 is under different development than the original, though. Nothing is certain.

How'd you reckon they'll resolve the issue over what sex Revan is? My theory:

Random NPC: I hear that Revan was key to the Republic success. Funny how he could do that after his reign as Lord of the Sith.

PC: Errr... HE?

PC: Yah I know what you mean...

:D

The level cap is not necessarily indicative of game length. You can get tougher, or more lax on xp awards as you see fit.

I got to lvl 20 in KotOR, in the temple of the Rakatta planet. So if there hadn't been a cap, i probably would be about lvl 24 when completing the game. Sith Lords is implied to be a little longer, so mayby if you completed every single aspect of the game, you could get lvl 30.

However the cap hasn't even been pronounced yet.

There is a certain pace that leveling moves at that you have to stick to, or else the game feels rushed and the experience is cheapened. Think of a MMO. If KotoR 2 is anything like that, the advancement time for characters in the hypothetical 20-30 level range will be almost exponentially greater than those below it...

The level cap is not necessarily indicative of game length. You can get tougher, or more lax on xp awards as you see fit.

I got to lvl 20 in KotOR, in the temple of the Rakatta planet. So if there hadn't been a cap, i probably would be about lvl 24 when completing the game. Sith Lords is implied to be a little longer, so mayby if you completed every single aspect of the game, you could get lvl 30.

However the cap hasn't even been pronounced yet.

If you got to level 20 while in the Temple on the final world, I would bet you'd be lucky to get to level 22.