I watched the walkthrough on the LucasArts site, and that balded Sith Master in the sith tomb sounded familiar. I could only hear it vagely, but i was preety sure i've heard it in KotOR 1. Will Obsidian use the same actors BioWare used, (which were brilliant) or will they try something new.

Another thing ive been wondering about is Revan. It's said he will be back. And we've heard it. The question is, will he have a voice, if he appear's in person. Will you be able to tell if Revan is female or male in the beginning's questions.

Share your thoughts :unsure:

I believe it's LucasArts who hires the voice actors so it's most likely there will be quite a few of the same.

As far as Reven having a voice... I personally believe the only right way of going about it is to put him back in his/her mask and have an indicernible voice.

LucasArts always handles Voice Acting, I think. It's part of the basic control a company has when commisioning a game.

As for Revan's face, they'll either have a mask or pick the face that everyone seemed to use for male/female, possibly by seeing what the staff themselves did or reading the boards. (They never do that, until they tap you on the back and yell boo.)

Fnord.

Since revan did not truly have a voice in the previous game, I don't think we should have a conversation with him in order to avoid it.

The voice chosen for Revan would only satisfy some people.

Correction. Revan did have a voice. Switch from Revan to someone else and you'll hear "Hm?" "What?" or "Yes?". And if you have the PC version, pause the game and do that. It makes for hours of entertainment.

Fnord.

I'm hoping for indirectly, but that's just me...as for a voice, when you speak to Revan, he will just say "Yeah?" and "What?"...sort of like Lil John...

:D :D :D

PC: Revan... My god can that truely be you?

Revan: What!?

PC: Revan it must be you..

PC: Revan it must be you..

PC: Screw this I'm going to find Bastila!

Revan: Okay!

Cheers!

i know that he had a voice. he would yell that ones gotta hurt. or who ever steps on this is going to get a nasty shock. he should have been like Master Chief John from Halo. talks in the cut scens but and only in combat.

I think that the Obsidian writers have enough sense to let the new game be about the new protagonist, and to leave the old protagonist in the backstory where (s)he belongs.

Write a fitting epilogue for Revan and move on.

Exactly.

I have to admit that it would be great for us to see and talk to Revan, but it just seems like there are way too many variables to deal with (face, gender, alignment, size, etc...).

I highly doubt that Revan will show up in the game. No doubt his fate will be key to the background of The Sith Lords, but simply for the reason that he was our PC, it would be nearly impossible to satisfy everyone given one personality for him as an NPC.

The voice actors were excellent. Especially the guy who did the guy who you can beat before Twitch in Taris.

If they did hard write reven's fate, that would suck, because it's only been five years. IF it was more like FIFTY, I would understand.

Maybe we will see Revan at the Backround of all things. If you remenber in classic trilogy of Star Wars, the emperor has given all the orders from the backround, and Vader execute them. If they want to make a trilogy (maybe you don't know) you will see Dark Lord Revan as Emperor :), behind all the Sith Lords, and have his apprentice or many apprentices, to do all the dirty work, and the only moment is to see him/her to give orders to his apprentice, and leave to a unknown place, maybe his Castle ? <_<

Or maybe not :ph34r:

I watched the walkthrough on the LucasArts site, and that balded Sith Captain in the sith tomb sounded familiar. I could only hear it vagely, but i was preety sure i've heard it in KotOR 1. Will Obsidian use the same actors BioWare used, (which were brilliant) or will they try something new.

Another thing ive been wondering about is Revan. It's said he will be back. And we've heard it. The question is, will he have a voice, if he appear's in person. Will you be able to tell if Revan is female or male in the beginning's questions.

Share your thoughts :(

Yes I think she should have a voice. Something sexy :D

Le donne sono da venus, la scopata sa dove sono gli uomini da.

For a different kind of Kotor chat

Sig.jpg

Share your thoughts :)

It seems we will be able to tell Revan's gender at the beginning, which implies that either his appearance will be very brief, or that he/she won't make an appearance at all, since obsidian would have to do two sets of voice recordings for both genders which in turn would mean ridiculously inflated media storage requirements, not to mention the additional cost and time on the part of the devs. I kept looking for Revan in screenshots, etc. but this single problem pretty much rules out a full appearance.

On the other hand, with Kotor not only was the voice acting superb, but the script writing proved to be very convincing as well, so I doubt we'll see anything that deviates a little bit from this high standard because that would instantaneously make people grow cold toward the game. Watching the walkthrough video what caught my attention first, trying to read the dialogue at the bottom of the screen, was its draft-like style which gave me a couple of minutes' anguish until it was revealed the demo had nothing to do with the real story.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

About choosing Revan's sex in the beginning of the game: Why would they include that, without him|her having some sort of "role" in the game. Npc's you talk to won't be saying "she" or "he" talking about Revan. I think this has some sort of impact with the voice of Revan.

As for taking too much media space: Revan isn't in need to have a BIG role in the game. Mayby you will meet him twice. Which implies to four different conversations. And four small conversations isn't going to take too much media space.