What game element is most important to you?

is like voting in china... takes all the confusion out of the process with only one candidate available.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

There is no single game element. It's all about how they are put together.

Take FFX, fairly linear but more than makes up for it with a very strong story.

Morrowind on the other hand. Pretty bland and generic but with the freedom to explore at will.

Though the first one is one of my favourites and Morrowind isnt. For people who like the open ended nature. It does that very well.

To look good you probably need to really nail one of those things on the list. And at the same time not mess up any of the others.

All the "great" games have at least one hook which is what people remember about it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm currently playing through Arcanum once again, so right now my biggest wish for any future RPG is: NO NPC THIEVES WHO CAN STEAL IMPORTANT ITEMS FROM MY INVENTORY!

God, I hate Tarant.

Oh, and get rid of the story. Randomly generated freeform crap is teh future.

the most important game element is whichever element the developers failed most badly at incorporating effectively into a given game. obviously the most important element is different for each game... mostly.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

is like voting in china... takes all the confusion out of the process with only one candidate available.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, he should have made TWO choices so it would be like "the lighthouse of democracy in the world", USA.

Of course, then less than 50% of everyone who visits this thread would actually cast his/her vote and the candidate with less votes would win.. :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!