Comment on Release Dates...

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off. This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

Anyway now that I'm done with the disclaimer.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian. Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see. What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously. We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

Thanks for commenting on it. It's atleast good to get some kind of official response from those involved, rather than the silence thus far that's lead to constant speculation on our part.

It's a shame for Obsidian, since this obviously caused a lot of backlash and that's not something a new and growing company would want or need on their first game title.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Nah.  That would be too sensible.

Yeah, plus all the arguments and discussions over the issue were quite entertaining. A very good break from the wild speculation that usually goes on.

That was the only reason why I tried to keep it going as much as possible. I am such a naughty naughty boy. :D

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off.  This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian.  Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see.  What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously.  We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

Thanks for commenting Mr. Urquhart.

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, plus all the arguments and discussions over the issue were quite entertaining. A very good break from the wild speculation that usually goes on.

That was the only reason why I tried to keep it going as much as possible. I am such a naughty naughty boy. :D

Plus we had to see how far Servant of Eru really would go.

He's going through KotOR withdrawal at the moment. It's only a matter of time before he cracks! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Too late Hades! ^_^

manthing2.jpg

He's going through KotOR withdrawal at the moment. It's only a matter of time before he cracks! ;)

EDIT: Too late Hades! ^_^

Damn you, Jaguar. Damn you. :rolleyes:

Thanks. It's a shame that Obsidian worked their tails off to go for the simult release only to find out that wasn't going to happen. That must be depressing. Thanks for the comment and rest assured that most of us here don't blame Obsidian at all for these unfortunate events.

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off.  This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian.  Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see.  What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously.  We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

Thanks for the comment. It doesnt actually explain anything but thanks anyway.

some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian.  Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see.

Let me guess MS wanted it out on xbox first so they could make more money on the console, as it

Big Thanks to Obsidian's CEO! Becouse of personal reasons I'm glad that PC version will be released in february but nice word of explanation is always

welcomed.

Do we need any other evidence that Obsidian is very OK? Lucasarts didn't

give us any word and that's the difference between RPG living legends and

Luca$arts.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thanks for an official stance on this issue.

It's to see the devs view on this matter, and like many predicted, it was out of Obsidian's hands. Reading about Microsoft having something to do with it, i'm not suprised. They probably have cut some deal with Lucasarts where the xbox gets #1 priority in development and bugtesting, compared to the PC.

Hades_One might call it 'pissing of the PC fanbase'. Microsoft calls it 'cost-efficient solution'.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy