Prestige Classes

I think that prestige classes should be avalible for everyone, not just the jedi. This would go along way towards remedying the power imbalance between jedi and non-jedi. Also I'm not sure if we should be able to pick what prestige class our NPCs go to.

Why bother witht he non-jedi. Its Star Wars so everything has to revolve around the Force. Jedi/Sith and everyone else is cannonfodder. Its all about the Force in Star Wars. Haven't you caught that yet since that is Obsidian's thinking since we can't make a non-jedi character.

Why bother witht he non-jedi. Its Star Wars so everything has to revolve around the Force. Jedi/Sith and everyone else is cannonfodder. Its all about the Force in Star Wars. Haven't you caught that yet since that is Obsidian's thinking since we can't make a non-jedi character.

Ummmm, this game is about the jedi, so thus your main character would have to be a jedi. The storyline's kinda about jedi. But obsidian has said specifically that they're trying to balance power between jedi and non-jedi better. If only jedi have prestige classes, then they're doomed to fail before they begin.

From Atari right? After ToEE I wouldn't touch an Atari game. As a publisher their tech support sucks as well as their support for their games. Just take a good look at ToEE and MoO's many many many many many bugs and half assed programming and take a good look how many patches have been made to fix them.

Sorry, if its an Atari game, which BG3 would be, I won't be getting it unless there is a strong developer like Bioware behind it. Troika isn't it. Obsidian isn't it. Pirahna Bytes wouldn't be it either and neither would Stormfront. Stormfront = puke in my book.

Black Isle is dead and so is Jefferson. Get over it. Its demise is as sad as a pet hamster dying. Nothing of importance.

true........ but you could be a little more polite, or we might start calling you Hades one the deathclaw........

oh and fallout is dead as a doorknail, twice as smashed, and the aaledgedly F.O.OL game is going to have you saying:

THIS GAME WILL SUCK!!!!!

F.O.OL= FallOut OnLine

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

While I too would love to see a Star Wars game where you didnt have to be a Jedi, I have faith in Obsidian. They have alot of good blood and I believe they will make this game worth playing. I didnt see much of a power imbalance between Jedi and non-Jedi in Kotor. Maybe it was just the way I built each character (didnt use default settings).

That you'll be a Jedi means relatively little about balance. They've never said they're making you a Jedi so that you'll kick everyone's ass, or be unable to compete otherwise. LA told obsidian, as a guideline, that the story had to center on the PC as a Jedi, not that the PC had to be a Jedi so the player would be able to compete with the Sith. Bounty hunters are perfectly capable of taking on Jedi, anyway, so that's not even an issue. Some Jedi are more powerful than others, just as some non Force-sensitives are more powerful than others, so that's no excuse for making it Jedi Only. All your being a Jedi means is that you'll have an important role in the storyline, which is obviously important to most people in a single player RPG. It DOESN'T mean you'll be the most powerful or useful character in the game just by virtue of being a Jedi (LA never set that as a guideline), and Obsidian's even given relatively specific examples of how they'll right that. You're welcome to be annoyed that they don't give you the option of being a non-Jedi, though.

There was a major power rift between the Jedi and the non Jedi characters. The Jedi characters were all Uber-munchkin style able to kick the ass of anything and everything. Jedi, by default, are munchkin characters and have been since day one. That is why Star Wars is a poor franchise to build a RPG from.

In the first KotOR, yes. How big a role did Luke have, though, beyond killing Darth Vader and causing the death of Palpatine indirectly?

Regardless, they've been quite liberal with the D20 rules in the first one, so balancing it out a little isn't too unimaginable. Jedi are limited by their saber use, so there still has to be something to make up for it - you really wouldn't have to change too much.

In the first KotOR, yes.  How big a role did Luke have, though, beyond killing Darth Vader and causing the death of Palpatine indirectly?

We aren't talking about movies here we are talking about CRPGs and the PnP equivelent. Jedis are munchkins. Leave all the movies and novels crap out of it.

Yes, but they've already changed quite a bit in the first one, and given ways they're going to balance things out in the second. I'm sure guns will still be a little weak by comparison to a Lightsaber overall, but that doesn't mean your other character's will be useless.

Yes it will. They will be just as useless and aggravating to control as the first game. If you are going to let a munchkin class/character to be part of the game it will dominate the game. Its true in PnP and it is true in CRPGs.

"They will be just as useless and aggravating to control as the first game. If you are going to let a munchkin class/character to be part of the game it will dominate the game. Its true in PnP and it is true in CRPGs."

I believe this statement to be false. In real PnP games, no one type of character dominates the game (no good DM would allow it). The same is true for CRPGs. A person will play what they are good at role playing. Granted, there are the young ones who want to be uber. The good players dont care about them.

If you have not yet read "The Fighter, The Role Player, The Loony, and The Munchkin", I highly suggest you do so.

Did anyone ever play that old D&D game called Death Knights Of Krynn? I wish Obsidian would make KotOR2 more like that game..

In Death Knights Of Krynn you started as a normal character who had the choice of becoming a Knight (or Paladin). If you made the choice of becoming a knight you had to work a lot harder than those who chose an easier career. Of course, when you finally gained a few levels it was well worth it, as you became incredibly powerful. It bores me to know that whatever you do in a game you'll eventually end up what the developers has decided for you beforehand. Like a Jedi. Make it a choice and I'll gladly jump to the challenge, just because it's the most difficult career to pursue.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!