Better lightside ending please.

If at any point in the original KOTOR when the game made me feel suicidal to the point of gouging my eyes out of a watermelon and slowly EAT myself to death while rolling around on a bed of nails immersed in acid + rat poison, the light side ending would have been it.

Those of you that saw the ending cinematic, surely understands what I'm talking.

Those of you that haven't: please, do yourself a favor and skip the ending.

I realize that a lightside ending can't avoid the "Hero triumphs, everyone appluads" theme, but perhaps this time around, the ending cinematic could have a little substance. Please?

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

The lightside ending was perfect. Especially for a Star Wars game.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I think all of the game but the last 15 minutes (went downhill sometime on star forge) was truly excellent. As soon as you got on the Forge, you were swamped with tedious amounts of enemies (only difficult if you stopped paying attention because of repition) and a final boss relying on cheapness (insanely easy if you know what to do).

It was a Star Wars perfect ending, a quick hero-ceremony, just like episodes IV & I. I would like to see more of a neutral LS ending. Your character succeeds in staying the course of the light, and possibly completes his mission, but the bad guys are still on top.

If at any point in the original KOTOR when the game made me feel suicidal to the point of gouging my eyes out of a watermelon and slowly EAT myself to death while rolling around on a bed of nails immersed in acid + rat poison, the light side ending would have been it.

Those of you that saw the ending cinematic, surely understands what I'm talking.

Those of you that haven't: please, do yourself a favor and skip the ending.

I realize that a lightside ending can't avoid the "Hero triumphs, everyone appluads" theme, but perhaps this time around, the ending cinematic could have a little substance. Please?

i like the dark side ending because i was the ruler

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well, I want a separate ending for the last-minute redemption and it should be something bitter-sweet along the lines of Vaders redemption or the cancelled 3rd ending of KOTOR where the PC was supposed to go down with the Star Forge. The choices you make during the game have to matter and nobody who went deep into the Dark Side can return to being a fresh-faced shiny hero who lives happily ever after, IMHO.

The Dark Side ending for the last minute fall doesn't have to be different (although it would be good), but please, please give us a separate light-side ending for the dark characters who see the light in the nick of time. Would add to repliability a lot, too. To get a "perfect" light ending you'd have to be a lightsider when coming to the decision point... and the darksiders would have a choice between world domination and ultimate salvation.

I thought the LS ending was appropiatly Star Warsy, but I would have liked it to be longer.

I would have liked it if it had been playable, so I could have chatted to the characters it would have been better.

The DS ending was a little short too.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The ending was like getting to a book and finding the final ten pages missing.

We know how the final battle went down. Where's the epilogue or denoucement?

I felt jipped. MCA tells a better story though, and I expect more with KOTOR:TSL.

I kinda hate perfect everyone happy endings. I think that the end and overall mood of KOTOR would have profited by being darker. I know obsidian is making the game overall darker, but does that apply to the ending (darker here doesn't apply to more darksidish incase you were misinterpreting).

Imagine this. The Sith Fleet is fractured, and flees when they see the mighty Star Forge destroyed. They had no leader, nor plans. Yet the Republic fleet was decimated, with many of the Jedi dying either aboard those ships, or dying aboard the Star Forge.

Many planets still have Sith governments, and the Sith have more ships. The Republic won this battle, but face the thread of further Sith expansion regardless, and now very few Jedi survived to aid in the coming battles.

Saul's second in command assumes control of the Sith fleet and orders the fleet to move in on Coruscant, and then the credits roll.

I said Saul's second in command, and I was suggesting this for KOTOR's ending. It doesn't really change any of the story, it just continues it briefly. I think extending the ending a little would have helped greatly.

If someone is 5-year old child, the light side ending is KOTOR 1 is OK, but if you are older than 5-years, it is complete disappointment - too kiddish. It should be much more neutral, e.g. as in ROTJ.

Nik.

I didn't get that either. Vader is a good guy now, and the family relationship is fixed. Han and Leia's romance is fine. The Ewoks are happy. Palpatine is toast. The whole universe celebrates.

Hrm. I don't get how that's neutral.