Yuthura Ban

What would you want to have Yuthura's role be in Kotor 2?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want to have Yuthura's role be in Kotor 2?

• A joinable NPC
    • A cameo appearance
    • Nothing at all

Yuthura Ban has to be in Kotor 2! For those of you not familiar with her, she's the kick-ass purple twi-lek assistant headmaster sith at the sith academy on Korriban. If you become her friend during your time there, you can actually convert her to the light and have a conversation with her on Dantooine, shortly before it's blown up <_<

Her mortality COULD work, it has to be considered that the player could convert her after Dantooine was destroyed, as many people chose to do Korriban as their last planet.

In addition, Yuthura could demonstrate the "affect your party members by your decisions" thing completely, especially if you converted her to the light in the first game. While she was ultimately cut as a character in Kotor 1, she should totally be n Kotor 2, I think!

...(How do you edit polls? I wanna add another option)

As a joinable NPC?

Nah. That would take an awful lot of work for a character who, likely as not, ended up dead or still in the Sith.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

As a joinable NPC?

Nah. That would take an awful lot of work for a character who, likely as not, ended up dead or still in the Sith.

I agree.

Also, what's with peoples' fascination with having "bit" characters from KOTOR1 appear as NPC party members in TSL?

Gee, why don't wee have Rukiil and Igear as NPC party members as well. Or maybe Gluupor. :rolleyes:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wouldn't mind seeing her join as either a good or evil character, but it wouldn't be something I feel I "have" to see for better enjoying the game or something like that. But seeing her as either a joinable NPC or just see her in a guest appearence would be nice, especially since she was one of the "better" sith in KOTOR1.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I agree.

Also, what's with peoples' fascination with having "bit" characters from KOTOR1 appear as NPC party members in TSL?

Gee, why don't wee have Rukiil and Igear as NPC party members as well.  Or maybe Gluupor.  :rolleyes:

How about the guy in the kalto plant on Manaan? He can distract your enemies by hiding in a locker and singing the Goldfish song...

Yuthara Ban is one of the best written npc's of the last few years. I wouldn't mind seeing here in any form for the sequel. But perhaps it is best to keep her from being joinable -so as to keep her redemption in tact. (assuming she was redeemed)

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

and have a conversation with her on Dantooine, shortly before it's blown up

You can? Interesting,I've set her back onto the light path and even went to Dat looking for her and never found her. Shortly before is't blown up? Could you give a little more detail? I wouldn't mind trying that out.

I think depending on how they work the conversations at the start it's possible she might be an option,if you choose the light path for Revan.

I truly hope so. Yuthara has been the most interesting npc in Kotor1, and having her as a LS Jedi in my team is one of my most wanted for Kotor2 (besides having a true sequel with the old team but as we know this won

and have a conversation with her on Dantooine, shortly before it's blown up

You can? Interesting,I've set her back onto the light path and even went to Dat looking for her and never found her. Shortly before is't blown up? Could you give a little more detail? I wouldn't mind trying that out.

You can talk to her on Dantooine as long as you finish Korriban before the Leviathan.

She's in the courtyard (where Jon, Nemo, etc.) by the far back end standing by herself.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You can talk to her on Dantooine as long as you finish Korriban before the Leviathan.

She's in the courtyard (where Jon, Nemo, etc.) by the far back end standing by herself.

Bah. *Kicks himself* I didn't go out into that area,I checked the inside.

Thanks.

Yuthura Ban has to be in Kotor 2! For those of you not familiar with her, she's the kick-ass purple twi-lek assistant headmaster sith at the sith academy on Korriban. If you become her friend during your time there, you can actually convert her to the light and have a conversation with her on Dantooine, shortly before it's blown up <_<

Her mortality COULD work, it has to be considered that the player could convert her after Dantooine was destroyed, as many people chose to do Korriban as their last planet.

In addition, Yuthura could demonstrate the "affect your party members by your decisions" thing completely, especially if you converted her to the light in the first game. While she was ultimately cut as a character in Kotor 1, she should totally be n Kotor 2, I think!

...(How do you edit polls? I wanna add another option)

i killed her in all my games

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I do not understand what you guys find that's .. cool about Yuthura. She's a traitor. If you agree to kill Uthar Wynn and do not tell him, she will try to kill you afterwards, saying "I have no interest in sharing the academy" or something like that :)

She can be turned to the Lightside during the game. Or so I've heard. I am attempting to do it in my current game.

In order to turn Yuthura, you have to befriend her at the academy. After she makes the proposition to you, keep talking to her, ask her questions about her past. If your persuasion is high enough, she'll begin to tell you more and more about herself. Continue to talk to her and convince her to tell you things until she begins calling you "friend." Then, inside the temple in the final test, once Yuthura turns on you, after you take a certain amount off of her health bar, she'll stop you, and you'll begin to talk. Tell her to go to the light, though your persuasion must be extremely high for this to work. She'll agree with you, and you'll have to fight the entire sith academy once you head back to the ebon hawk. From there, fly to Dantooine and go outside into the courtyard, way in the back is Yuthura, and there you can have a very touching conversation with her. Once you befriend and speak to Yuthura on Dantooine, I think it's a lot easier to imagine her being in your party...

*Shrugs* For me she had an decent amount of depth and back ground for an NPC of her style. She wasn't the most interesting character ever made but she had a lot more depth to her then more then half the people you came across in the game. Hell T3,a member of your team,had less depth then she did.