Spider-Man 2

LostStraw

I thought it would be interesting to discuss more movies, politics gets old after awhile.

So, I wasn't very impressed with the first Spider-Man movie and although I don't remember much about it I do remember I gave it a 4 out of 10.

Last Thursday I went back to the theaters expecting the same from Spider-Man 2. However, I came away pleasantly surprised. Although there are lots of questionable things in the movie that don't make much sense (they're mostly small nitpicks) I gave it an overall rating of 8 out of 10. It kept my attention and kept me entertained throughout pretty much the whole movie.

My biggest complaints were the train scene, the overall ending of the movie, and the really annoying people sitting behind me.

SPOILERS WITHIN

I'm hoping that Doc Ock didn't actually die. I hate how they keep killing off the villains in Comic movies. Other than that, I loved it. When I heard Willem Dafoe's voice at the end, I nearly got up and cheered. I was thinking they'd **** out on making Harry the green goblin.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Harry becomes the Hobgoblin, doesn't he?

That would be dumb, i think. If i recall correctly, the Hobgoblin took on his identity after stumbling upon the GG's lair or something like that. How, and why, would Harry Osborne appear as the Hobgoblin?

I'd prefer if the demonic Hobgoblin appeared instead.

The hobgoblin came before the green goblin in the comics.

Anyway I enjoyed the movie immensly, I just wish there had been a couple more action sequences in there somewhere to break up all the soap opera angst.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

It was Norman Green Goblin, then Harry Green Goblin, then the Hobgoblin who was a merc that found and used the Osbourne technology. Then it was the Demogoblin (I think that is his name) and lastly there was a 3rd Green Goblin who found a GG cache but was trying to use it to be a hero, but he was later killed if memory serves.

As for the movie, I liked it.

Spiderman 2 is to Spideman 1 what X-Men 2 was to X-Men, and more accurately what Superman 2 was to Superman 1.

In fact, the whole story rips pages out of Superman 2, which isn't bad. Superman 2 was one of the best superhero movies of all time.

Spiderman 1 had a really silly script, and a very silly villian. The costume was horrible. The dialogue was horrible. Tobey Maguire pulled off a really likable Peter Parker, and the first movie had it's moments.

The second movie fired on all cylinders. With characters firmly established, there is a lot more going on. There is more at stake emotionally for Peter, and a much better villian this time around.

I didn't mind the subway scene. My only beef is I wished the fight was slightly longer. We have two heavy-weights duking it out like only superheroes can. Raimi had no qualms taking his time with characterization and exposition. He cut the action a little short, but what was there was quite good.

• 2 weeks later...
It was Norman Green Goblin, then Harry Green Goblin, then the Hobgoblin who was a merc that found and used the Osbourne technology. Then it was the Demogoblin (I think that is his name) and lastly there was a 3rd Green Goblin who found a GG cache but was trying to use it to be a hero, but he was later killed if memory serves.

As for the movie, I liked it.

And then years later Norman Osborn showed up again out of nowhere as the Green Goblin again. He got better. :p

Harry could be done as a hero at first in Spider-Man 3 (but hates Spider-Man) until eventually the insanity takes him over and in Spider-Man 4 is one of the villains. It wouldn't make sense to repeat a similar pattern to the first movie.

Perhaps. It's rumored that he may latch onto John Jameson after a trip to the moon (instead of the stone).

But they seem to already have a number of potential villains they have started to set up. What about Dr. Connors aka The Lizard?

I liked both...but what about Venom?

In the first movie, at the intro to the Daily Bugle, Robbie tells J. Jonah Jameson that "Eddie hasn't been able to get a picture". That Eddie would be Eddie Brock, former employee of the Daily Bugle, who, after Spider-Man solved a crime where Brock had messed up the culprit, joined with the symbiote costume and became Venom. So, there might be a Venom. There might also be a Lizard, as Peter got fired in the first movie by Dr. Connors (Curt Conners).

In the first movie, at the intro to the Daily Bugle, Robbie tells J. Jonah Jameson that "Eddie hasn't been able to get a picture". That Eddie would be Eddie Brock, former employee of the Daily Bugle, who, after Spider-Man solved a crime where Brock had messed up the culprit, joined with the symbiote costume and became Venom. So, there might be a Venom. There might also be a Lizard, as Peter got fired in the first movie by Dr. Connors (Curt Conners).

Good points, however, how would Venom be implemented? Connors can easily be represented. This goes for pretty much the basic, traditional Spidey villains. But Venom (and Carnage for that matter) are a different ball game. Unless it goes the standard bastardization route of crippling origins to fit a two minute description, Venom is something hard to include. Special government project? Secret project borked? Otherwordly occurences?

Speaking of which, what i'd like to see in Spiderman 3 was the apperance of the Black Cat. This could add a different dynamic to the Parker/MJ relationship, and she was a somewhat capable heroine. A Spidey/Cat team up against a villain could be interesting.

Speaking of which, what i'd like to see in Spiderman 3 was the apperance of the Black Cat. This could add a different dynamic to the Parker/MJ relationship, and she was a somewhat capable heroine. A Spidey/Cat team up against a villain could be interesting.

Oh, that would be great! I didn't even think of the lovely Ms. Hardy, much to my shame. Including her would also be a great way to bring back Flash, 'cause he and Peter became friends after high school.

Good points, however, how would Venom be implemented? Connors can easily be represented. This goes for pretty much the basic, traditional Spidey villains. But Venom (and Carnage for that matter) are a different ball game. Unless it goes the standard bastardization route of crippling origins to fit a two minute description, Venom is something hard to include. Special government project? Secret project borked? Otherwordly occurences?

John Jameson is in Spider-Man 2 and is said to be an astronaut.

I can see John going to the moon and the symbiote being in a rock that he brings back to earth. However, the symbiote joins with John and they become Venom, similar to how the moon rock bonded with Jameson to create Man-Wolf in the comics. (And I am not certain Man-Wolf would work in the movies anyway). I thought there were rumors around to this affect which is why I mention it.

Connors had a larger role in Spider-Man 2 and we get to see him and he is missing an arm. Too bad they didn't allude to him doing experiments with lizards to see how they regrow limbs.

Actually what would be great would be the appearance of the Sinister Six. Doc Octopus returns and bring along with him the Sandman and others. That would create more of a challenge for Spider-Man and perhaps would require the appearance of other heroes (perhaps Black Cat and Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin before he goes insane).

Oh, that would be great! I didn't even think of the lovely Ms. Hardy, much to my shame. Including her would also be a great way to bring back Flash, 'cause he and Peter became friends after high school.

I'd like to see Flash back and back as his friend.