Its about time some one asked.

Dakoth

What are your system specs? It is some thing very important to the gaming industry so what are they?

3000XP proc

1gig 3200mhz DDR Ram

ATI 9800 pro 128 MB video card

ASUS Nforce 2 Mother Board

Creative Labs Audigy sound casrd

40 Gig hard Drive ATA 133

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz hyperthreaded

2 GB RAM (no idea what kind)

2x80 GB HD

Geforce 4 Ti4600

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oerwinde just to satisfy curiosity whay you running a 2proc system?  Is it for work at home or a pet project?

I do 3D work. So its for rendering.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

AMD Athlon Xp 2800+ (Barton, 333MHz FSB)

1024 MB Corsair XMS XL (2-2-2-5) 400 MHz DDR

Abit NF7-S v2.0 (Nforce 2) motherboard

Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

Soundblaster 5.1 Live

1 60 GB IBM ATA133 HD

1 120 GB IBM ATA133 HD

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Somehow, I doubt very much, that you are going to get a representative view of the hardware in PC land... :wub:

But anyway:

2.8 Ghz P4 (800Mhz FSB), 2 Gb pc3200 mem on an Asus p4p800 deluxe board(hyperthreading), GeForce FX5900 w. 256 mb mem, 1 80 Gb system disk and 2 120 Gb in a raid 0 (sigh, I really need more disks...), Soundblaster Audigy II and my trusty old Hauppauge tv/radio/ttv card (for watching tv on my computer) and one region free dvd drive and one region 1 dvd burner (that way, I can watch both international dvd's as well as those US ones that checks for RPC1 drives) <_>

Way too many peripherals to fit into one room, 5.1 speakers, drawing pad, joystick etc. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Somehow, I doubt very much, that you are going to get a representative view of the hardware in PC land... 

I almost gaurantee I wont, because I don't want to do a national poll. Still why not have a sampling of the board members.

I have a joystick, a cassete reader, and a rearview mirror taped to a rock. Fear my 133t hardware.

:p

My Monster Gaming Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+, overclocked to 3200 speeds.

DFI Lanparty Ultra B MOBO

1 Gig PC4000 DDR Mushkin Low Latency RAM

ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB model, overclocked into Overdrive mode

Dual 120GB Seagate 7200 RPM IDE Hard Disks

I think my favorite part of it is the 500 watt modded Power Supply though. :D

My comp is almost finished. Still needs a better PSU, passive cooling for my video card and an Audigy 2. But right now i have...

3GHz P4 processor with a quiet Zalman cooler

Asus P4P800 motherboard

1GB PC3200 memory

160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD

RADEON X800 PRO 256MB AGP video card

SB Live! 5.1 sound card

aluminium case

I'm very happy with my PC! ^_^

A thousand chinese kids to whom I teach the binary data of each game and have them speak it out whenever I wish to play games. I then proceed to interpret the chorus of 0s and 1s into a single, coherent and enjoyable experience.

"Hey, how do I overclock my CPU safely?"

Well, unless you're going to be upping the voltages, it's pretty damn safe. Just go to BIOS and OC it, run 3dmark and check the heats afterward.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Klingon

1.33GHz

200something mes of ram

Radeon All in wonder pro 8600DV(I think)

200ish gigs combined HD space between two drives in the system

Gryphon

2.6GHz Pentium

1gig ram

Radeon 9600 pro

One 20gig HD and one 200gig HD

NEW MACHINE SPECS

read; next years machine

Dragon

Dual whatever the best processors I can get for around $1000 sometime around january

Pci express whatever is best

at least 2 gigs of ram

I'm also going to upgrade all my current machines so that 2.6gig is the lowest processor speed and I need to get a new all in wonder card to support HDTV signals. and Klingon need a proper red case...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Hey, how do I overclock my CPU safely?

Chances are running an AMD you won't be able to without changing the voltages.

Except for some of the Barton chips AMD locks their multipiers. Also with what some unscrupulous venders did when they unlocked them for a bit you robably wont see that happen again for some time. Barton core is the 2500 and up. I must say though I know someone who got a 2600 with unlocked multipliers and runs it a 3000XP speeds with no lock ups or crashes.

Hey, how do I overclock my CPU safely?

Chances are running an AMD you won't be able to without changing the voltages.

Except for some of the Barton chips AMD locks their multipiers. Also with what some unscrupulous venders did when they unlocked them for a bit you robably wont see that happen again for some time. Barton core is the 2500 and up. I must say though I know someone who got a 2600 with unlocked multipliers and runs it a 3000XP speeds with no lock ups or crashes.

I got my Barton Core 2500+, locked multiplier, up to 3200+ speeds, no lockups or crashes. Ph34r my 1337 skills biznatch. :) All you really need is a good MOBO, and alot of trial and error. I recommend the DFI Lanparty Ultra B, as that's what I have, and comes with just about everything you could want on it. Plus a BIOS that has a bunch of special overclocking features, including the ability to save up to ten CPU settings. :p