Light Side new offensive power poll

yes weve heard how weak they are so what firepower can we give them to take it to the next level and kick some evil?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. yes weve heard how weak they are so what firepower can we give them to take it to the next level and kick some evil?

• deflection
    • telepathy(vader had this)
    • hurricane
    • earthquake
    • Alter Ora(pretend to be dark)
    • Channeling(fire a white blast from hand like a kamaehamaeha but very different)
    • other

I hope everyone gets the gist of most of the messages of this topic. Overall summary: LS does not get offensive attacks. Like Yoda said " A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER FOR ATTACK!!!!" Sorry about that just got a little carried away :lol:  But I hope everyone gets the idea.

I've been saying it too, but they just ignore us.

I think you have mistaken channeling for the exact dbz kamahamaeha or however its damn spelt, it was just used as a reference so it was clear what it would look like not the totally exact thing. Just a nice white jedi energy offensive blast to send the attacker on their a$$ and disarmed or in a serious matter unconcious.

:D just trying to clarify myself. also why cant a jedi be offensive i know there not but what rule is there. oh i get it you all just want the sith to win like me B) .

I think you have mistaken channeling for the exact dbz kamahamaeha or however its damn spelt, it was just used as a reference so it was clear what it would look like not the totally exact thing. Just a nice white jedi energy offensive blast to send the attacker on their a$$ and disarmed or in a serious matter unconcious.

:D just trying to clarify myself. also why cant a jedi be offensive i know there not but what rule is there. oh i get it you all just want the sith to win like me B) .

The closest jedi have to offensive is stuff like stasis. Jedi just don't have damage attacks (other than specific anti-sith damage attacks). That's the reason they're LS. On the other hand, Jedi can learn one or two DS powers...

PS.. I am a strong believer that its how you use the force power which makes it good or evil.

(yoda voice) "most logical it is"

and did anyone see a certain kyle katarn in jedi acadamey use lightning?.

Kyle wasn't the model jedi though.

Saying why don't jedi have offensive powers like the sith is like saying

Why can't big mean small?

boy this is turning into a debate than a poll ;) .

i do get where you guys are coming from but why do you have to stick to convention jedi dont do that, jedi are goody two shoes. Arent the jedi human(haha aliens included u know what i mean) in a way tempted by darkness, theres no specific rule a jedi cant be offensive just because they have never used it (look at the last scenes of episode 2 with yoda and dooku didnt yoda return lightning) he wouldnt have to use his offensive power everytime as its how you use the power making it good or evil. im just trying to get at why cant there be an offensive primarily light side alternative atk.

True kyle wasnt perfect but thats the whole point he was good had a primarily dark offensive bt didnt use it for evil in jedi acadamy or use it all the time thus my point.

Good Guy with Offensive Power except im polling for a Light side version of offensive.

boy this is turning into a debate than a poll :huh: .

i do get where you guys are coming from but why do you have to stick to convention jedi dont do that, jedi are goody two shoes. Arent the jedi human(haha aliens included u know what i mean) in a way tempted by darkness, theres no specific rule a jedi cant be offensive just because they have never used it (look at the last scenes of episode 2 with yoda and dooku didnt yoda return lightning) he wouldnt have to use his offensive power everytime as its how you use the power making it good or evil. im just trying to get at why cant there be an offensive primarily light side alternative atk.

True kyle wasnt perfect but thats the whole point he was good had a primarily dark offensive bt didnt use it for evil in jedi acadamy or use it all the time thus my point.

Good Guy with Offensive Power except im polling for a Light side version of offensive.

But jedi are traditionalists...protagonists always have to stand out so that's why so many memorable characters are unique and don't follow custom. yoda did a defensive reflection of Dooku's attack. Sort of a indirect attack. Jedi learn powers to incapacitate, but not to kill or hurt. If they do, they aren't jedi anymore...at least in Old Republic era. Jedi are defenders. Not offenders ;) .

nobody said they had to kill or hurt, doesnt force wave hurt, you take damage from it dont you, that evil too look at bandon using his darkside force wave.

perhaps u just see it more darkside than as a lightside alternative.

Wow, maybe I'm getting tired, but the first half of your post made no sense.

About the second...

Force wave is the designers way of trying to balance LS and DS. In the books and EU, it would have been considered darkish.

I'm not going to dwell on whether or not offensive attacks belong with the LS, it's always going to be up for debate. What I find ridiculous is this force "channeling" idea. It reeks of DBZ fanboy-ism, which doesn't belong in the Star Wars theme. Say it how you like, white beam light, white energy, whatever. You will probably kick yourself in the ass if you come back in a few years time, when you're older, and read this thread again.

I'm not going to dwell on whether or not offensive attacks belong with the LS, it's always going to be up for debate.  What I find ridiculous is this force "channeling" idea.  It reeks of DBZ fanboy-ism, which doesn't belong in the Star Wars theme.  Say it how you like, white beam light, white energy, whatever.  You will probably kick yourself in the ass if you come back in a few years time, when you're older, and read this thread again.

Yah, I remember when I was a DBZ fan. now i think it's awesome to make fun of. Some DB episodes were good though...

Guest ChaosStorm

The lightside already has a powerfull attack... the LIGHTsaber (ok ok... that was cheesy)

When using an offensive force power you make a step to the dark side. Bastila even said that to my character in KotOR. She started to talk to me, I asked her if she was grading me and she began with her usual tirade about the dark side again.

Using the force for offense means that you are giving in to anger and agressioon - the paths to the dark side. The power itself is not dark - but the result it. Personally I think that using any dark side power in KotOR should have given you dark side points (or at least cost you light side points). I can understand why this isn't done though - as one could easily "exploit" it to get max dark side soon to hurl cheap force lightnings.

If you want to deal some force based damage with your lightside character go for saberthrow (see, we are getting back to the LIGHTsaber again :p ) and please don't try to mix in a failed japanese art form into Star Wars. If you want to do that, go play Pokemon Galaxies, an Empire Divided.

Enemy weapon malfunction/disable.

Double Vision. Causes enemy to attack a hallucination.

Strike and Retreat. During melee combat, allows the jedi to make a quick strike, then retreat to a distance just outside of melee range automatically.

PK. Hurl objects such as footlockers and backpacks(objects in the immediate environment) toward opponents.

Saber Booster. Temporary attack(to hit) and/or damage bonuses to your light saber.

Just some ideas...

"No power is inheritly good or evil, it's how you use them" Kyle Katarn- Jedi Academy

This is what I go by about the force powers.

That was expanded upon by Vergere in the New Jedi Order.

^that was my contribution to the SW geek knowledge library. :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)