Light Side new offensive power poll

yes weve heard how weak they are so what firepower can we give them to take it to the next level and kick some evil?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. yes weve heard how weak they are so what firepower can we give them to take it to the next level and kick some evil?

• deflection
    • telepathy(vader had this)
    • hurricane
    • earthquake
    • Alter Ora(pretend to be dark)
    • Channeling(fire a white blast from hand like a kamaehamaeha but very different)
    • other

Don't think they are really weaker because you'll have to play kotor2 both sides without problems.

Perhaps, the only force power missing is the ability to deflect DS lighning.

For those who think DS is stronger can play the faster and more seductive way.

Nothing will prevent them from doing so... :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Guest ChaosStorm

None. The light side doesn't use the Force to damage their opponents. They use it for defence and knowledge. Any light side power which does damage should be neutral at least. If you are light side and want to deal damage with the Force, use the most powerful variant of Force Push. That is and should be the best you'll ever get.

When someone tries to kill you all available methods can be viewed as selfdefence.

Cooking someone with lightning or even choke him doesn't make you a darksider. In JA especially during Korriban battle jedi normally use such things and they are still jedi.

As Vergere said to Jacen: "Force has no sides. Only dark side that exists is in your heart young man. Your intentions and feelings make you good or evil."

So lightsider can use offensive aspects of the force as well but in selfdefence (ex. when he is attacked by sith assassins) and that doesn't mean dark side.

Read "Final Prophecy" people and "Unifying Force" as well and you will understand

that such vision of the force is already obsolete. Under Vergere's influence Jacen and even Luke revised their jedi superstitions.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

None, i would hav to say.

I hav never seen a jedi use an offensive power. If they did, would they really be jedi. Things like force wave for example, were universal or neutral force powers.

Besides, with master speed and heal, for defence, do jedi really need all that offensive power.

"The best offence is a good defence"

No idea who orginally said that, but it seems to fit well with the jedi dont it.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Yeah earthquake would be interesting too.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

that back up heavy blaster and bag full of thermal detonators

no seriously, thats my jedis offensive powers, a back up heavy blaster and a bag full of thermal detonators, throw the bag with force wave and blast it with heavy blaster then use force speed....

the channeling one

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Force Defection. Turn enemies to light side.

Force Conscience: Make enemies feel really guilty about attacking you and want to make it up to you.

Force Pacifism: Turn enemies into cowards

Force Cricket: You enemies just want to talk out their problems over a cup of tea then have a cricket mach to decide who wins avoiding unsightly bloodshed.

Earthquake... As for chanelling, it would be too DB for me.

Others:

Force Deception - creates an illusion that only your enemy sees. So you can use it to sneak around or creates an illusion of thousands of wookies descending upon them, causing them to panic and lose some turns.

Force Transmutation - allows the jedi to transmutate objects from natural elements such as turning the ground into a wall in front of an attacking enemy.

Kyle Katarn says something like, "Remember powers are not inherently good or evil. Its how you use them." in Jedi Academy.

It might be true, but powers that enable you to turn your opponent into a smoldering mass of carbon...or whatever your biology is based off of, probably entails some kind of dark satisfaction..which, I think, would lead to the darkside.

Maybe the jedi can use these abilities but refrain from doing so.

The most powerful and cheesiest lightside power of all time? Force Absorb...it basically protects you against all force powers and replenishes your own. It comes down to lightsaber skill after that.

Guest ChaosStorm
I always imagined that using the "darkside" powers required you to sort of tap on the negative thoughts like hatred/fear/whatever and that, when amplified by force, made you DS. So, while the Force power isn't evil, the process of creating it is.

Yep. Using offensive force powers will lead you to the Dark Side - anger, aggression and that kind of stuff. That is why such powers can not be light side - they lead you to the Dark Side.

Maybe it wouldn't suit a game like KotOR2, but a power I'd really like to see in a game is Earthquake! I want to be so powerful I can make the ground around me form circular waves rushing outwards (like water does when you drop a stone or something in it.. rings, you know), destroying everything in their path. It could look sooo neat. Imagine houses toppling over, people flying about, trees braking and falling..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Good god, Force Channeling?  A white beam Kamehameha but not exactly?  I really recommend those of you who actually think this is a good idea to take a step back and reassociate yourselves with the theme of Star Wars and not some pathetic excuse for an anime.  More importantly, find a more decent quality anime to watch,

NARUTO!

how about this for a new ls power. its not exactly offensive but it could work. alright i dont have a name for it but i thought of it today. ur jedi casts it and theres a blinding light that fades away. and it weakens th ds. so sith are weaker and there powers dont work as well. and the more ls jedi in ur party the stronger it is.

what do u think?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I say skip the kamaehamaeha and just go straight for the sprit bomb! but then agian the ammount of distruction it causes it would have to be a DS power. But the kamaehamaeha would be very effective in close quarters wher you wouldn

t want to blow yourself up along with the bad guys.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png