whats your favorite type of music :p

Crusader

roshan: banghra, hm? i only know the highly popular panjabi mc... his music is ok imo.

i live of music. the bands i really love include:

lamb, portishead, radiohead, tricky, massive attack, sigur ros, asian dub foundation, the beatles, chemical brothers, pearl jam, u2, st. germain, tosca, ben folds, rage against the machine (but i think that phase of mine is about to end, and with it the offspring, toten hosen and linkin park), muse, madrugada, and faith and the muse, obviously.

that list is far from complete.

i'm right now listening to blackmore's night, not sure wether i like that medieaval sound. if i should decide to like it ;), include schandmaul, lacrimosa, subway to sally, evanescence, nightwish to the list above.

[edit]

how could i forget bowie and goldfrapp?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I'm a jazz-freak, mostly (I play the saxophone. Meet me by the dumpster after school, Deadeye :angry: ) Firmly rooted in the classics, but with an eye towards some of the more odd performances (see avatar).

I was raised on the classic rock stuff, so I've got a healthy appreciation for that. I've also been getting more into the indie-rock scene lately (college radio stations are the best option when there's nothing interesting on NPR). I can never remember the names of the bands, but I'm always pleasantly surprised.

@RiK, Jeff Buckley is very good. You should check out his "Mystery White Boy" live album if you haven't.

I like a lot of ambient and experimental, Aphex Twin, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Supermachiner, Blue Man Group, Godspeed you Black Emperor. There is some rap I enjoy a lot; Aesop Rock, Benefit, Outkast, Afroman, LOA (rip), and of course the Beastie Boys.

Old stuff like Zeppelin (How the West was Won is a A+ album), Hendrix, Doors (Soft Parade!). The Beta Band and Neutral Milk Hotel are also two little known bands I really enjoy.

I enjoy Radiohead and Pink Floyd a lot. I saw Radiohead in ATL back in October, it was a incredible concert. I listen to some hardcore like Evergreen Terrace, Converge, Everytime I Die, Poison the Well, Walls of Jericho, Dillinger Escape Plan, pg99, Old Man Gloom, As the Sun Sets. That sort of thing.

Last, I'm a sucker for Ben Harper and Jack Johnson.

edit: how could I forget Brian Eno, Cave-in, and Modest Mouse.

Edited by agris

I listen to different metal sub-genres, such as Death Metal, Heavy metal, Black metal, and so on.

My favorite bands within metal are Borknagar, Children of Bodom, Madder Mortem, Dimmu Borgir, Finntroll, Red Harvest, Cannibal Corpse, some Banghra, Amon Amarth and last, but not least, Burzum.

I'm really into a wide range of music genres. But I'm mostly into progressive-rock & progressive-metal. Some of the bands I'm really into are Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, Vanden Plas, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Symphony X, Fates Warning, Arch Enemy, Queensryche, and Nevermore. And of course I also have my band, Lyranthe. :)

~Pr

My tastes in music are pretty broad ranging from a love of classical through to industial and metal via things like Mr Scruff and Lemon Jelly.

Currently going through a ska/punk phase, with me first and the gimmie gimmies and the clash/sex pistols being favorites.

Also a big fan of blues, jazz and hip-hop.

Even country gets a look in to some degree, Johnny Cash is top notch (Especially the recent American series of albums) and to quote a friend 'What's life without Dolly?'

About the only things that I can't stand are poncy little ballad singing boy bands (Boyzone, busted, Blue ad nauseum), Daphne and Celeste and most inane pop detritus.

country blows. my wife listens to it... ugh.

a perfect circle was supposed to be a one time thing with maynard but i guess he decided it was fun to go off and [sarcasm]do a different thing[/sarcasm]. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 2 years later...

It's a Tom Petty song. Sounds familiar.

But, on topic (heh) I've found that I generally like music that died out in the 90's. Post-Industrial and IDM. I also like actual industrial music that isn't being made anymore, TG, Coil, Nurse With Wound, that kind of thing.

But since none of that music is really being made, at least the way it used to be, I'm listening to a lot of post-post-punk and electropop.

Trendy Indie then?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.