People who intend to boycott the game

QUIT TELLING US IN EVERY THREAD.

All you do is derail the on topic conversation in every thread you post in. If I'm talking about the game, I really dont care if you intend to play it or not. Quit ruining topics with your petulant antics.

Nice try, but like Beast said, no one will listen.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To me such declarations are a lie becouse eventually they'll all play. Only people that will not play TSL are those who aren't interested in it. Those desperados who are crying about illegal method of obtaining, not playing at all etc. just clumsy children

Personally I'm very glad that PC version will be later. With add content or not.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

QUIT TELLING US IN EVERY THREAD.

All you do is derail the on topic conversation in every thread you post in. If I'm talking about the game, I really dont care if you intend to play it or not. Quit ruining topics with your petulant antics.

While I don't disagree with the above, maybe they shouldn't have closed the thread(s) that were meant for the above discussion.

Tho, if I recall, you were telling the people in those threads to shut up too ;)

Personally I'm very glad that PC version will be later. With add content or not.

1. The "extra content" will be the X-box live material, if anything.

2. Just because the release is delayed, doesn't mean the game gets extra work in terms of bug fixing. You have to consider that the game is/was scheduled to be done at a certain date and that the devs left on it were to move to a new project or position on NWN2 after that. They can't push those commitments back just because they have more time to polish K2 for the PC. Plus, LA still might want the game in their hands and completed by the original specified date. As the devs have said, that date didn't change just because the release date got moved up 2 months.

2. Just because the release is delayed

The game isnt delayed. The original release date was feb 2005. It is the US Xbox version that has been moved forward

No, they both got moved forward. DL the zip from the link below (about 100mb) and read the memo in it. You will find that BOTH version were publically (as anyone who knew the site could get to it) announced for a release that would be "just in time for the holidays in Winter 2004 on both Xbox and PC" and BOTH version according to the devs could be on track for a Dec release.

http://download.lucasarts.com/holiday_gift_guide.zip

So, the game being moved BACK to Feb is a new devolpment.

EDIT: The whole quote...yet again, if you don't want to DL it

Finally, the next chapter of the award-winning original title of 2003, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords will be available just in time for the holidays in Winter 2004 on both Xbox and PC. 

Finally, the next chapter of the award-winning original title of 2003, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords will be available just in time for the holidays in Winter 2004 on both Xbox and PC.

Sorry to disapoint u, but when Obsidian said that release date, they were using an Orthodox Christian Calender, (dont ask me why) which extends into January 2005 for us at the latest. Then they must sort out the final details before release, which extends it into feb 2005.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Sorry to disapoint u, but when Obsidian said that release date, they were using an Orthodox Christian Calender, (dont ask me why) which extends into January 2005 for us at the latest. Then they must sort out the final details before release.

........seriously, the people trying to defend LA on this one are just reaching sometimes.

Ok, first LA said the above, but your explanation doesn't explain away "the holidays". A term I have never heard used to describe Valentines day (which is post the old Feb release date anyways, iirc)

I aint trying to defend LA, but i am stating what LA said. Besides, the december release was simply a rumour. Gamespot checked it out, and said the rumour was most likely to not be true.

Check it for urself.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords has been moved up to a holiday 2004 release.

Source: The latest trailer for the game.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: When the latest trailer for the role-playing game hit the Web on Wednesday, it riled up the already easily excitable fans of the first KOTOR. Besides revealing that members of your party will follow you as you turn to the dark or light side of the Force, the trailer also promised that the game will arrive in "winter 2004"--two months earlier than its previously announced ship date. However, a phone call to LucasArts revealed that the publisher may be using some variant of the Orthodox Christian Calendar, which celebrates Christmas on January 19. "Winter 2004 extends to February 2005," said a rep, meaning that there's still a chance Obsidian Entertainment's first game won't make its debut until next year.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus insofar that it's been expressly moved forward (although the trailer certainly gives you that impression). It could still make it by Christmas, though.

Well?

(Post corrected)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Besides, the december release was simply a rumour

The presskit I gave you a link for is from the LA website. Now who do you think knows more about K2's release date .....gamespot or LA? Plus, I'm pretty sure my memo is newer than the gamespot article.

So how is it a rumor? DL the kit, and tell me if it's still a rumor. Note the source of the link.

And Obsidian never said any of that junk about the Orthodox Christian Calender calender. LA did.

lets get our fact straight

EDIT: o, about the calender buisness. The memo is literally called "Cover Letter 8.4.04 Mailing". Inside it is dated (august 2004)....sooooo obviously they are on the same calender as us if Aug = 8th month.

I hav corected my last post.

U say i am defending La, but if anything, u r. U give me a link to what LA say, but what about Obsidian.

Alot of people know that the original release date annouced WAS i repeat WAS feb 2005. Then a rumour came out about the release date being moved to december 2004.

The USA Xbox release is now dec 2004, while the rest of the world gets feb 2005.

Obsidian said the original release date would be feb 2005. Does it even matter what Obsidian say, or is what LA says, goes for u.

LA hav been known for lying in the past (from what i hear) and did u stop to think that they lied in ur link aswell

U give me a link to what LA say, but what about Obsidian.

This is what the devs had to say about all this, this is from a few weeks ago

Care to comment on the December release date mentioned on IGN?

Cheers!

Why do you think I work every weekend?

This is him after the news broke:

I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time.

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version. That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry about the news for PC-only gamers.

-Akari

How does that sound to you?

Alot of people know that the original release date annouced WAS i repeat WAS feb 2005. Then a rumour came out about the release date being moved to december 2004.

Yes, "was" is the right word. Then the release date got moved. See memo. Then, it got moved back. See announcement.

Obsidian said the original release date would be feb 2005. Does it even matter what Obsidian say, or is what LA says, goes for u.

Yes it does, and if it matters to you take the above dev comments to heart please.

LA hav been known for lying in the past (from what i hear) and did u stop to think that they lied in ur link aswell

How is that an excuse for LA?

The Sith Lords will be officially unveiled at E3 2004 and will be released for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and for the PC in February 2005.

This is from a little thing called LA. Here is the link.http://www.lucasarts.com/vip/swkotor_sithl...TORII_Press.doc

Your document is much older than mine, hence the OLD release date (and then new again release date.)

Look, my point is simply that IF LA wanted to, the game would be out for Dec and that the delay is in no way the fault of Obsidian or because LA wants to put "extra love" into it.

If I havn't been able to show that alreayd, I give up

Perhaps it would be if LA wanted it to be, but MY point is that the original release date was feb 2005, and is the release date most people expected, despite the rumour of a december release.

So lets be thankful that we are indeed getting KOTOR2 on the date that was originally anounced.

We each hav our own opinions, i stand by mine, u stand by urs, so lets stop arguing and forget it. At least we will eventually get KOTOR2

Perhaps it would be if LA wanted it to be, but MY point is that the original release date was feb 2005, and is the release date most people expected, despite the rumour of a december release.

If you want to look at it like that: Most people expected (as promised) that both versions of the game would be released at the same time.

just be glad you aint waiting on Duke Nukem forever

/hides

Since I highjacked the thread anyways........

Did you hear the latest rumor on that? Apparently, it may be using the Doom 3 engine

O, and I'm not "mad mad", I don't going around cursing LA, but I'm slightly ticked on how things worked out. Not even about the waiting, but the spoilers I will certainly run into now before i can play. I feel worse for the devs, and how they can't put there best foot forward on their first game (The graphics will be much better on the PC version, not that graphics are everything). That and I don't like people painting this as something LA did to make the game better (or by default it will make the game better), because it isn't and most likely won't improve the game by "default".

Indeed, I expected a February release date. Nothing substantiated the rumors of a December release.

It wasn't a rumor, again please look at the memo and dev posts. Plus, just because most people didn't know about the memo, doesn't mean it didn't exist. You can't brush it aside and say it didn't exist or that it was just "a rumor". Would people please stop doing that.

Then don't go anywhere an X-Box kiddie might be prowling around.

I certainly didn't have the first KOTOR game spoiled for me.

I have to avoid most gaming sites and forums because LA broke a promise?

See, while I'm not saying we should burn down skywalker rancher, people have the right to be reasonably upset at LA.

The main problem is the spolers that will be posted.

The moderators cant delete evry single spoiler. My suggestion is avoid the internet for dec until feb.

Either that or the moderators create a special forum for the Xbox users where they can discuss KOTOR2 when they get it.

Even then, Xbox users (not all, just some) will still post spoilers in other threads.

And odds are we gain little or nothing in terms of a "polished game" because of the delay. I hope we at least get the Xbox live material, but maybe LA will make it X-box exclusive......considering the release dates.

EDIT: I'd like to point out to any passing mod that this is a resonable discussion, albeit off topic.

Us PC user may not get much, if any, extra content, but at least we get better graphics and resolutions (though it will most likely be unnoticeable at best). I am glad for that, if nothing else because of the delay/original release date, whatevr u want to call it.