Extra Content

Yavin jungle filled with those masassi temples (and ghost of Exar Kun) would be nice compensation for our humiliation.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

As much as I can understand how you pc users feel right now, I must say I'm getting tired of all your whining....And why make special content availible for one platform, I'm sure whatever extra content they make, it will be availible for both platforms.

get over it....

They'd better give us PC users SOMETHING to make up for it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

People are forgetting us international Xbox owners, we are in exactly the same position as you PC users, AND like you we consistently get swept to one side <_<

I'm not whining about getting extra content, because I'd have to buy Xbox live to get it, so, in some respects we are worse off than the Pc'ers ;)

But life goes on, get used to it, cos it aint gonna change anytime soon.

Since the Sith Lords seems to be following KOTOR's path with staggered release, why not follow it even further and give the PC players extra content such as another trade area like Yavin or maybe returning to Yavin.

because you guys don't have to pay another 50 bucks for it

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Since the Sith Lords seems to be following KOTOR's path with staggered release, why not follow it even further and give the PC players extra content such as another trade area like Yavin or maybe returning to Yavin.

Lets just say i aint gonna wait for 6months just for a tiny amount of extra content. Until feb yes, because that was the original release date annouced, but not 6months.

As much as I can understand how you pc users feel right now, I must say I'm getting tired of all your whining....And why make special content availible for one platform, I'm sure whatever extra content they make, it will be availible for both platforms.

get over it....

We're just kind of pissed that lucasarts hasn't even explained or awknowledged us...*insert synonym for illigitimate children*!!!!!!

Yah...well...I just hope we have first priority on the updates like last time...

They'd better give us PC users SOMETHING to make up for it.

They already gave you something, a false promise about a symultanious release date...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

To make up for it, just answer any questions the modding community has about file formats and such once the game is released. That should make up for it with PC people. Then we can see some custom heads and armor and such that the Xbox people will never get.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Heh. It's sad really.

I guess it's all this time I've put into MMO's over the years that's hardend me to the fact that companys can't keep there proames. I got upset before, but now, it's old hat. :o

You PC gamers KNOW your the low end of the market. You've KNOWN it for years. (I'm also a PC gamers, but i have my concals too... so just refer to me as a GAMER. LOL) YOU KNOW you ALWAYS get the games AFTER the conseals. It's EXTREAMLY RARE that you DON'T, unless it's PC exclusive. Nothing new here. It's stats quoe.

LA lied to you? *GASP* You mean... you've never been lied to by a game company before? :o Never had a game pushed back before? Promisises broken? You guys must not ever play MMO's... you can't trust a blasted thing any devs tells you EVER in them things...

You acting like drama queens here... And the fact is... LA hasn't delayed your game, they've pushed up there XBOX verson so it can have a Christmas relese. Which, as much as you HATE to admit it, is a smart business move... and LA is a business after all. One that just had some substantual layoffs and restructing... they prolly need a good showing for this Christmas season, esspeically if you want any hope at a KoToR 3 or 4 in the future...

Yeah it sucks to be you... having to wait an extra 2 months while trying to avoid spoliers... but it's nothing you haven't done before, nor anything you won't have to do again. If you've been a PC gamer for a long time, this is NOTHING new. Disappointing, YES, new? Hell NO.

And if you want to priate... well, that's your call... but i hope they drop the hammer on you guys. (won't happen any more then your going to get an dual release, I know, but still... wishful thinking. :p )

Anyway, simi rant off. Time for me to head back to work.

KingSnake.

Heh.  It's sad really. 

I guess it's all this time I've put into MMO's over the years that's hardend me to the fact that companys can't keep there proames.  I got upset before, but now, it's old hat.  :huh: 

You PC gamers KNOW your the low end of the market.  You've KNOWN it for years.  (I'm also a PC gamers, but i have my concals too... so just refer to me as a GAMER. LOL)  YOU KNOW you ALWAYS get the games AFTER the conseals.  It's EXTREAMLY RARE that you DON'T, unless it's PC exclusive.  Nothing new here.  It's stats quoe. 

LA lied to you? *GASP*  You mean... you've never been lied to by a game company before? :)  Never had a game pushed back before?  Promisises broken?  You guys must not ever play MMO's... you can't trust a blasted thing any devs tells you EVER in them things...

You acting like drama queens here...  And the fact is... LA hasn't delayed your game, they've pushed up there XBOX verson so it can have a Christmas relese.  Which, as much as you HATE to admit it, is a smart business move...  and LA is a business after all.  One that just had some substantual layoffs and restructing... they prolly need a good showing for this Christmas season, esspeically if you want any hope at a KoToR 3 or 4 in the future...

Yeah it sucks to be you... having to wait an extra 2 months while trying to avoid spoliers... but it's nothing you haven't done before, nor anything you won't have to do again.  If you've been a PC gamer for a long time, this is NOTHING new.  Disappointing, YES, new?  Hell NO.

And if you want to priate... well, that's your call... but i hope they drop the hammer on you guys. (won't happen any more then your going to get an dual release, I know, but still... wishful thinking. :p

Anyway, simi rant off.  Time for me to head back to work.

KingSnake.

This is exactly why companies DO lie to their customers. Because people will rationalize it and give excuses for the company instead of actually saying "you know, what they are doing is wrong".

Of course companies are going to keep lying to the public if half the people have this "oh well, all companies lie" attitude.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh.  It's sad really. 

I guess it's all this time I've put into MMO's over the years that's hardend me to the fact that companys can't keep there proames.  I got upset before, but now, it's old hat.  :) 

You PC gamers KNOW your the low end of the market.  You've KNOWN it for years.  (I'm also a PC gamers, but i have my concals too... so just refer to me as a GAMER. LOL)  YOU KNOW you ALWAYS get the games AFTER the conseals.  It's EXTREAMLY RARE that you DON'T, unless it's PC exclusive.  Nothing new here.  It's stats quoe. 

LA lied to you? *GASP*  You mean... you've never been lied to by a game company before? :)  Never had a game pushed back before?  Promisises broken?  You guys must not ever play MMO's... you can't trust a blasted thing any devs tells you EVER in them things...

You acting like drama queens here...  And the fact is... LA hasn't delayed your game, they've pushed up there XBOX verson so it can have a Christmas relese.  Which, as much as you HATE to admit it, is a smart business move...  and LA is a business after all.  One that just had some substantual layoffs and restructing... they prolly need a good showing for this Christmas season, esspeically if you want any hope at a KoToR 3 or 4 in the future...

Yeah it sucks to be you... having to wait an extra 2 months while trying to avoid spoliers... but it's nothing you haven't done before, nor anything you won't have to do again.  If you've been a PC gamer for a long time, this is NOTHING new.  Disappointing, YES, new?  Hell NO.

And if you want to priate... well, that's your call... but i hope they drop the hammer on you guys. (won't happen any more then your going to get an dual release, I know, but still... wishful thinking. :p

Anyway, simi rant off.  Time for me to head back to work.

KingSnake.

This is exactly why companies DO lie to their customers. Because people will rationalize it and give excuses for the company instead of actually saying "you know, what they are doing is wrong".

Of course companies are going to keep lying to the public if half the people have this "oh well, all companies lie" attitude.

No, companies lie because they CAN without reprocrussion. Rationalizeation has nothing to do with it, it's the lack of REPROCUSSION thats the problem. There is no LEGEL reprocussion to "lieing" becasue they haven't "lied". All release dates are best guesses, and that's it. And you can't be held legely liable for a wrong guess.

Secondley, there is no reprocussion from the fan base, becasue no matter how much they piss them off, they are STILL going to by their game... And you KNOW it. Some may priate, but 98% of people who are here crying like children will STILL be first in line to buy TSL DISPITE the fact they say they won't, and LA knows it.

Now don't get me wrong, i personally feel you have a right to complain when you got shafted... AND COMPLAIN YOU DID. Heck, there were dozens of locked threads, 2 HUGE offical CRY threads, changed sigs, calling for boycotts. It was all good, but NOW you have perfectly good threads being deraild by these crybaby antics... it's went from understandable complaining, to pethitic and annoying crying. That's were you HAVE to draw the line, suck it up, and either BACK UP what your saying by accually boycotting the game, or STHU.

And my friend, that's were we'er at. Walk the walk, or STHU.

KingSnake.

No, companies lie because they CAN without reprocrussion.  Rationalizeation has nothing to do with it, it's the lack of REPROCUSSION thats the problem.  There is no LEGEL reprocussion to "lieing" becasue they haven't "lied".  All release dates are best guesses, and that's it.  And you can't be held legely liable for a wrong guess.

Secondley, there is no reprocussion from the fan base, becasue no matter how much they piss them off, they are STILL going to by their game... And you KNOW it.  Some may priate, but 98% of people who are here crying like children will STILL be first in line to buy TSL DISPITE the fact they say they won't, and LA knows it.

Now don't get me wrong, i personally feel you have a right to complain when you got shafted... AND COMPLAIN YOU DID.  Heck, there were dozens of locked threads, 2 HUGE offical CRY threads, changed sigs, calling for boycotts.  It was all good, but NOW you have perfectly good threads being deraild by these crybaby antics... it's went from understandable complaining, to pethitic and annoying crying.  That's were you HAVE to draw the line, suck it up, and either BACK UP what your saying by accually boycotting the game, or STHU.

And my friend, that's were we'er at.  Walk the walk, or STHU.

KingSnake.

Boycotting hurts Obsidian just as much as it hurts LucasArts. Therefore, boycotting the product won't really hurt the one that deserves hurting. Spreading word of mouth will. It'll let anyone who doesn't know, just what kind of company LucasArts is.

What effect will that have on KOTOR sales? Probably none. KOTOR will be a success regardless of how much bad publicity they get.

But what it does do is keep it in the public's mind what kind of company LucasArts is. When LucasArts releases a game that's not so well liked or hyped, it'll rely on name recognition to sell it. That's when bad reputation comes into the equation. People will be less likely to give them the benefit of the doubt if they know the kind of marketing and business tactics they use.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Boycotting hurts Obsidian just as much as it hurts LucasArts. Therefore, boycotting the product won't really hurt the one that deserves hurting. Spreading word of mouth will. It'll let anyone who doesn't know, just what kind of company LucasArts is.

What effect will that have on KOTOR sales? Probably none. KOTOR will be a success regardless of how much bad publicity they get.

But what it does do is keep it in the public's mind what kind of company LucasArts is. When LucasArts releases a game that's not so well liked or hyped, it'll rely on name recognition to sell it. That's when bad reputation comes into the equation. People will be less likely to give them the benefit of the doubt if they know the kind of marketing and business tactics they use.

Stop complaining! You didn't have to pay 50 bucks for crappy yavin, the graphics will look better on pc, there will be bearly eny bugs on the pc version and you have PATCHES TO FIX THE BUGS YOU HAVE!, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE STORY TO BE SPOILED THAN DON'T GO ON FORUM TOPICS THAT SAY "SPOILERS!", STOP COMPLAINING YOU ARE A LOT BETTER OFF THAN THE PEOPLE WHO OWN A XBOX!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Stop complaining! You didn't have to pay 50 bucks for crappy yavin, the graphics will look better on pc, there will be bearly eny bugs on the pc version and you have PATCHES TO FIX THE BUGS YOU HAVE!, IF YOU DON'T WANT THE STORY TO BE SPOILED THAN DON'T GO ON FORUM TOPICS THAT SAY "SPOILERS!", STOP COMPLAINING YOU ARE A LOT BETTER OFF THAN THE PEOPLE WHO OWN A XBOX!

I wasn't complaining. I was explaining my point of view.

If you're going to respond, then atleast know the difference between a complaint and an explanation.

I wasn't complaining. I was explaining my point of view.

If you're going to respond, then atleast know the difference between a complaint and an explanation.

We're "complaining" because we're pissed off at the company...lucasarts guarenteed repeatedly that there would be simultaneous release...while the extra features and stuff would be nice, it's not really the issue.

Well...this being the first time that I've heard of this development...****!!! ****!!!! ****** *******!!! ******* LUCAS ARTS!!!

Ahem, sorry...but it's kind of a dissapointment to be told, over an over again, that both versions would be released together...and then to have them suddenly go "Oh, nevermind, X-box comes first, just like last time. Sorry, but you PC gamers can stand to wait." Well I can't stand to wait! I want the damned game at the soonest possible moment!

Things like this are what truly strain my faith in companies...what little there was to begin with...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well...this being the first time that I've heard of this development...****!!! ****!!!! ****** *******!!! ******* LUCAS ARTS!!!

Ahem, sorry...but it's kind of a dissapointment to be told, over an over again, that both versions would be released together...and then to have them suddenly go "Oh, nevermind, X-box comes first, just like last time. Sorry, but you PC gamers can stand to wait." Well I can't stand to wait! I want the damned game at the soonest possible moment!

Things like this are what truly strain my faith in companies...what little there was to begin with...

I'm suprised obsidian isn't furious...it stains them almost as much as LA (maybe even more).