who thinks tattoine is over rated

tattoine is used waaayy to much, leave it outta this one, give us coruscant or contruum  

73 members have voted

1. 1. tattoine is used waaayy to much, leave it outta this one, give us coruscant or contruum

• tattoine should be left out
    • tattoine should be in again

I think Mission Vao'd put it quite well on KotOR's Tatooine: "... I've got sand *everywhere*..."

Unless they make us some more interesting locales than Anchorhead, more things to do and more people to meet, I'd say leave Tatooine burried in its sands. It's been done over and over again, and KotOR's Tatooine really disappointed me.

tatooine was best done in jedi knight academy. but then again jedi knight academy was pretty cool and even the kotor tatooine would be kinda cool if used there. especially to use force jump when the guy gives you crap about opening the gates to let you in the desert..

for the next kotor a different tatooine would be fine. maybe a big city like mos eisley at night.

No more Tatooine for a while for me, i've seen enough of that planet already. It's almost lost its significance as a pretty 'unknown planet'.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I could sware, that there was at one time another of these threads on this subject, first time i ever saw anchorhead though, the dune sea was known to mee, the other the other seen are know to me, but not much other, we could you know end up exploring some ancient civilization ruins there just to find the machine that turned the palnet into a giant sandbox, and destroy it only to find out that it will take 30,000 yers for the planet to heal.....

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Tataooine is one of galaxy's most insignificant planets yet almost in every movie, book or game we have to watch this boring dust ball. In the first movie Tatooine was even interesting but presently Tatooine was abused too much. I understand abusing Coruscant which is center of galactic civilization but if tatooine is so forgotten place as they're saying why we have to suffer it once more? Excluding

Manaan Tattoine was most boring place in KOTOR. Die hard fans should rather

worry about KOTOR's correctness with official sources cause part one was already full of bugs (like Naga Sadow tomb on Korriban or Jedi Council that didn't exist 4000 years ago and so on). I'm a hardcore fan and I spit on Tatooine.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

didn't Avellone (or perhaps another designer) confirm in an early interview that there's no Tatooine this time? He actually said something to the effect that Tatooine indeed was over-rated too.

As for its place in the SW galaxy.... come on now, watch half an hour into ANH and decide for yourselves what the planet means for SW! Your entire expanded universe is an inflated version of the cantina-scene.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Tatooine is a very important part of Star Wars too skip it out would be a crime against die hard fans of the movie.

The only reason it was important to the movies was due to the fact Anakin Skywalker was raised there and later Luke, as well as the site of Jabba's Palace.

In the KOTOR time period, none of those people are born yet! ;)

tatooine was best done in jedi knight academy. but then again jedi knight academy was pretty cool and even the kotor tatooine would be kinda cool if used there. especially to use force jump when the guy gives you crap about opening the gates to let you in the desert..

for the next kotor a different tatooine would be fine. maybe a big city like mos eisley at night.

I agree at 100%. It would be very cool if the cities were a bit more developed concerning size, freedom, action and quest. Not only where you land off.

Personelly, i dont mind tattooine, but i do think it is blown well out od proportion.

I mean its nowt more than a giant dustbowl with people and buildings in it.

I wouldnt mind seeing tattooine in KOTOR2, but they should a least make less 'look a giant desert planet, lets go there there for fun and find what we need to while we are at it' and more 'uh a big giant desert planet lets go there cus we need to for some reason'.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Guest ChaosStorm

Tatooine = Star Wars

No Star Wars without Tatooine (well... unless you call it The Empire Strikes Back). "Tat" belongs in every Star Wars game and I do hope to see it back in KotOR2

I also agree on what is earlier said - Tat in KotOR sucked. But that is not Tat's fault - it's just crappy design. As said earlier Mos Eisley or Mos Espa would be cool! A little hamlet like Anchorhead is just boooooring.

Man you're sick. The Republic consists about 1,2 million planets and most of them are more interesting than your tatooine. I want something new and creative not tatooine in every game. Think different? So run and establish "tatooine fanclub"

and leave normal fans in peace.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

What we really want is the glittering citysprawls of nighttime Coruscant.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Tatooine = Star Wars

No Star Wars without Tatooine (well... unless you call it The Empire Strikes Back). "Tat" belongs in every Star Wars game and I do hope to see it back in KotOR2

I also agree on what is earlier said - Tat in KotOR sucked. But that is not Tat's fault - it's just crappy design. As said earlier Mos Eisley or Mos Espa would be cool! A little hamlet like Anchorhead is just boooooring.

I don't think Mos Eisley & Mos Espa were founded at the time of KOTOR.