Dueling

I don't Know if this has already been inquired about, but i think it would be cool if KOTOR II had dueling as a sport on most planets. I was dissapointed in KOTOR when the dueling stopped on Taris and would have rathered dueled then played pazzakon the other planets.

iceman1731.jpg

I dunno, you get to fight alot in the game, but you don't do nearly as much swoop racing or pazaak. Dueling is basically fighting for money. Racing is a change of pace and can be fun. So can pazaak (I'll admit it usually isn't).

I dunno, you get to fight alot in the game, but you don't do nearly as much swoop racing or pazaak. Dueling is basically fighting for money. Racing is a change of pace and can be fun. So can pazaak (I'll admit it usually isn't).

Thats very true mate but still lets face it a lot of people just like to fight and might enjoy the fighting more than the break in the action mini games. Personally I agree with you that racing is a nice change in pace but Obsidian should try to cater to both groups with a duel circuit and bounty hunter missions. The more blood on my PC's hands by the end of the game the better I say.

Cheers!

If a dueling ring was more common, you could have the end result of each fight affect your alignment. A LS would shake his opponent's hand and make the crowd cheer. A DS would shred his opponent with force lightning, terrifying the audiance and getting a more... sinister following.

It would have to be darkside-only, or somehow plot-required. Voluntarily entering into a dueling circuit for cash and prizes isn't the type of thing that a true Jedi would ever do.

It would have to be darkside-only, or somehow plot-required. Voluntarily entering into a dueling circuit for cash and prizes isn't the type of thing that a true Jedi would ever do.

Ok imagine this. The jedi have sent you to reason with a major assasin of republic officials. He won't cooperate so the only option left is to kill him but you'll never get a shot off unless it's in a duel and he's the reinging champion.

iceman1731.jpg

well i think dueling in KOTOR2 should be fight to the death because it not going to be a bright time(the sith take over and you know,screw everything up) and one of the last people you face if a dark jedi in descise.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Of course risking a childs life by letting him pod race, then betting on him because you need a little cash is diffrent...

As silly as that whole plot was, it was plot dependent. It wasn't something the Jedi did every day.

That would be cool to challenge people to a duel like on Korriban, especially if they actually fight you and not cover up for their weaknesses... :ph34r: ...and you get more money if you fight to the death, and less if you spare...extra DS points if you threaten the people, including the audience and coordinator, with force lightning...and if your LS, and don't favor bullying, take them out for a drink, charge it on their tab, take their wallet, and run like hell to the next planet... :unsure:

There would probably have to be a no lightsaber rule because people would be to intimidated to duel a jedi. Also there should be two-on-two matches, or three-on-three matches, or a handicaped match. And there should be some type of reward for beating everybody, like a trophy or something, that goes for swoop racing too.

iceman1731.jpg

The duelling ring is really cool. The best Obsidian could do is to make it as a separate minigame on each location - just like pazaak. But may be they will not, because if it was not planned in the very beginning of the design, now it will require too much recourses

Nik.

Since dueling is very unJedi-like (as was pointed out earlier) why not have areas where you are tricked/trapped and dumped into a pen with a beast like a Rancor? That would fall more along the "proper" lines. Get scammed by a Hutt, get dumped into a pit, survive, the Hutt pays up for providing quality entertainment.