What games R U going to play while waiting

Even after reading reviews, I'm still not 100% certain what Battlefront is.

Is it a FPS? Or what? I know you can play as one of 4 different factions (rebel, empire, droid, some other thing), but is it like Republic Commando where you play as a squad? Or is it a MMO?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

By the way, Battlefront is an online war game. You can play as Republic, Seperatist, Rebel, and Imperial forces.

I thought it was Republic that I was missing. The seperatists are the droids, or atleast that's what it looked like on the official site.

Since it's online, then I'll pass. I hate playing online shooters because 1)I usually suck at them and 2)all these 15 year old kids make a nuisance of themself when they play with "nOObs"

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If I'd correctly, KotOR II is coming out in Febuary, so it won't be a problem then. :)

As for DOom 3, I was there to buy it when the UPS man came in with the delivery on the very first day... Such an excellent game, Doom 3 was. Perhaps I'll replay it, especially since I can support ultra settings now.

Thanks for the advice!

I thought it was Republic that I was missing.  The seperatists are the droids, or atleast that's what it looked like on the official site.

Since it's online, then I'll pass.  I hate playing online shooters because 1)I usually suck at them and 2)all these 15 year old kids make a nuisance of themself when they play with "nOObs"

Battelfront is a game set up in similar fashion to Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam which are online games. And though the game is primarily geared towards the MP crowd, the games are like team based capture the flags with vehicles and such. Unlike the Battlefield games though, Battlefront will include 3 separate single player modes including planetary conquest and historical battles.

Republic Commando however is strictly MP.

Battelfront is a game set up in similar fashion to Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam which are online games. And though the game is primarily geared towards the MP crowd, the games are like team based capture the flags with vehicles and such. Unlike the Battlefield games though, Battlefront will include 3 separate single player modes including planetary conquest and historical battles.

That would still require me getting my butt handed to me by a bunch of online teen nerds and getting mocked about how bad I am. :lol:

That would still require me getting my butt handed to me by a bunch of online teen nerds and getting mocked about how bad I am. :lol:

:D

I really don't know...I've been falling out with the video and computer-game industry for quite a while now... I was a big FF fan until that expensive PS2 thing... Is LOTR the third age for PC?

Any recomendations for a good RPG (more console style than traditional, but if it resembles KOTOR, I'll play it)? I'll also do good RTS games (I'm a huge Warcraft fan). That whole MMORPG thing is unfamiliar and scary to me, though it sounds potentially interesting...though I played Galaxies and it seemed strange, confusing, and pointless (after a hour or two of confusion I sorta gave up though).

Otherwise, I'll stick to the few games I know...FF VIII and maybe VII, IX, KOTOR, and some earlier FF games. And of course Warcraft III, frozen throne.

Really, any reccomendations?

I really don't know...I've been falling out with the video and computer-game industry for quite a while now...  I was a big FF fan until that expensive PS2 thing...  Is LOTR the third age for PC?

Any recomendations for a good RPG (more console style than traditional, but if it resembles KOTOR, I'll play it)?  I'll also do good RTS games (I'm a huge Warcraft fan).  That whole MMORPG thing is unfamiliar and scary to me, though it sounds potentially interesting...though I played Galaxies and it seemed strange, confusing, and pointless (after a hour or two of confusion I sorta gave up though).

Otherwise, I'll stick to the few games I know...FF VIII and maybe VII, IX, KOTOR, and some earlier FF games.  And of course Warcraft III, frozen throne.

Really, any reccomendations?

Fable!!!! Its coming out this tursday, your every action determins what you look like, how people respond to you, and stuf like that. Its kind fo like a KotOr/ Zelda mix I think. I cant wait. Goin to be a great RPG

On my box: Fable, Halo2, KOTOR (just one more go :lol: )

PC: Doom3, and though I just got through with having Lineage2 suck my time away, probably World of Warcraft PvP server.

And suggestions, Fable seems to be interesting. (if you have a box). And Vampires: The Masquerade piqued my interest, though I don't know when it's coming out.