i want a demo this time because i didn't buy KOTOR till about a year after it was realised and because there wasn't a demo i didn't know that the game was so good

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I would prefer that they release the game on time as to making a demo. If they make the demo after the game comes out then that will be energy diverted from patches. While a demo might be good to those not familiar with KOTOR, they don't matter for people like me who will pre-order the game within a month of now. All they do for us is make us less likely to have patches and more likely to have the game delayed. No matter how good this game is it will have patches as no game is perfect.

I would prefer that they release the game on time as to making a demo. If they make the demo after the game comes out then that will be energy diverted from patches. While a demo might be good to those not familiar with KOTOR, they don't matter for people like me who will pre-order the game within a month of now. All they do for us is make us less likely to have patches and more likely to have the game delayed. No matter how good this game is it will have patches as no game is perfect.

They could just release the E3 demo thats already been made. :p

Cheers!

i want a demo this time because i didn't buy KOTOR till about a year after it was realised and because there wasn't a demo i didn't know that the game was so good

I got quite lucky and managed to play the x-box version on a demo machine in a shop (HMV Preston) for a significant time.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I would probably not have played KotOR unless it had been sent to me for free. A demo goes a long way of telling me if I want the full game or not.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Then why show it as a KOTOR demo?

So you can see how the game plays.

You don't need to have the demo relate in anyway to the story to make it a KOTOR demo.

A lot of demos for games such as Half-Life 2 and whatnot have no bearing on the story.

Thanks, Hydrogen, that's pretty much what I assumed.

Given that LA already has a "demo" out in the form of KoTOR I, I wouldn't expect to see anything but preview clips for KoTOR II. Marketing would recommend to anyone looking for a demo to simply "Buy a copy of KoTOR I. The engine is essentially the same, but there will be a different story...."

I think a demo for KotOR2 would be way to much work and end up a poor example of how the game actually is.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

just release the e3 demo on the offical site and on the oxm demo disk

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

i hope they make a demo, a preset one so to speak. make it have nothing to do with the game, force you to use a 'generic' character too. just so you can mess around.

I liked the Half-Life: Uplink demo that they released.....had nothing to do with the actual plot, so it spoiled nothing.