UPGRADEBLE SWOOP BIKES

Do you agree we should have upgradable swoop bikes?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree we should have upgradable swoop bikes?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

When I was playing through KOTOR old republic it took me like 45 minutes to find out I couldn't upgrade my swoop bike and all the NPCs said I could so it would be nice in KOTOR2 for us to be able to upgrade our swoop bikes.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

when i was playing through KOTOR old republic it took me like 45 minutes to find out i couldn't upgrade my swoop bike and all the npcs said i could so it would be nice in KOTOR2 for us to be able to upgared our swoop bikes

The KotOR1 NPCs might have just been looking forward to the future, because this time around you can upgrade it. :)

-Akari

when i was playing through KOTOR old republic it took me like 45 minutes to find out i couldn't upgrade my swoop bike and all the npcs said i could so it would be nice in KOTOR2 for us to be able to upgared our swoop bikes

The KotOR1 NPCs might have just been looking forward to the future, because this time around you can upgrade it. :)

-Akari

ALSOME!!!!!!!!! :D

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

-Akari

Hooray! :) :ph34r:

Thank you very much. It was very annoying in the first game how they all said that you should upgrade your bike, or we have the finest swoop bike parts, but you couldn't do anything with bike upgrades; you couldn't even obtain them.

The KotOR1 NPCs might have just been looking forward to the future, because this time around you can upgrade it. ;)

-Akari

Now that's good news!

Thanks Akari.

Performence could be nice also actually. Maybe sacraficing various qualities to boost others if not flat out improvement and upgrading. Also making the thing more like an actual track would be nice.

I'm refering to the race not the bike in the last part of course.

More opponents and less glitches, more storyline, more difficulty, and more races (maybe if you win enough you get a good special item you can't obtain anywhere else). Also, being able to rerace would be nice.

More opponents and less glitches, more storyline, more difficulty, and more races (maybe if you win enough you get a good special item you can't obtain anywhere else). Also, being able to rerace would be nice.

More difficulty?

I couldn't even win either of the Tatooine or Manaan first tiers ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think we'd all do better if the races were in actual tracks with laps and you could upgrade/customize (in stats) your bike. The only reason I couldn't do tatooine was a bug...(grumbles and curses at computer for that).

Actually. I think that it's better if you only get the really good stuff if it's hard. If you can't beat it...well it is optional. I think that like Chocobo racing in FF7, preparation should be something that gives you a good chance of winning. If you're good at racing, you spend less time preparing. If your not you spend more time in order to beat it.

Thank you very much.  It was very annoying in the first game how they all said that you should upgrade your bike, or we have the finest swoop bike parts, but you couldn't do anything with bike upgrades; you couldn't even obtain them.

Yeah... upgrading the swoop bike was in their design docs. They just ran out of time and didn't implement it. They also forgot to remove the references to it though. Whoops. :p

-Akari

Wow.. Strangely enough this is one of the new features I'm looking forward to the most, even though I didn't find the actual races to be that interesting. All you had to do was hit those boost pads on the ground and you won every single race. Now, if they could do the racing as good a mini game as they did in Mafia (it was awesome!), then we'd be talking! Unfortunately they're constrained by that Odyssey engine. Oh well, next time perhaps.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So which planets have swoop tracks? I would guess Telos, Onderon, Couscant and Nar Shaddaa... :rolleyes:

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Telos?  Isn't it decimated?  I'd bet that whatever big city planet has a large and extensive swoop thing and the wilderness place does to.

Dxunn? I doubt there is a swoop track there, it's supposed to be uninhabited apart from fierce monsters, not known for thie interest in competative sports. There are probably some Sith tomb raiders as well, but I doubt establishing a racing circut would be a priority.

On the other hand 5 years is plenty of time to rebuild a racing circuit, and it would give the survivors something to do.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Not neccessarily Dxuun. In every game SW there's a mostly desloate planet (often tatooine) where you do some racing. I'd like to see some sort of plot related thing where you have a swoop bike (or maybe a speeder bike actually) and you have to escape from somewhere while being pursued (JA had something like that and it was fun even if you only did it once).

Not neccessarily Dxuun. In every game SW there's a mostly desloate planet (often tatooine) where you do some racing. I'd like to see some sort of plot related thing where you have a swoop bike (or maybe a speeder bike actually) and you have to escape from somewhere while being pursued (JA had something like that and it was fun even if you only did it once).

Ugh, the controls on the Speeder Bike level of JA where awful (and the idea was riped of from FF7).

Yah, the controls on that were awful, but the concept was cool. It was like jousting if you used your saber (because the controls were bad you couldn't really use anything else). I have played the ff7 one. That was awesome but hard. I think it was better because you didn't turn left or right, you strafed left or right (much better for these scenerios) and also you could only go foward. It was a little hard to attack though. So should swoop racing resemble the FF7 motorcycle chace or Chocobo racing (modified alot of course) more?