"The good I stand on is my truth and honesty"

Gromnir

repost from bioware boards:

most consumers not know or care who or what obsidian is. the geeks who post here know who uncle fergie and chris a is, but the average purchaser will not.

working on such a huge title as first project gives obsidian exposure. even if obsidian deal were for almost no money it would still be a deal worth selling fergie's soul over 'cause regardless of what obsidian does, kotor 2 will sell HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of copies.

if fergie pulled this deal off, and obsidian is in fact working on kotor 2, we think that he deserves some kinda special award. for a new development company to get a shot at doing what is guaranteed to be one of the most anticipated crpg sequels ever is without precedent.

we recently had to reevaluate our opinion of james ohlen, and now it looks like we might have to do the same with fergie. what is next? will martin lawrence give an oscar caliber performance this year? will vis start writing reviews that is intelligent, objective, witty?

*shrug*

as we becomes older and more set in our ways, we becomes more and more disturbed by such unexpected and unlikely changes in things we believed was immutable.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. on a more serious side, we does observe that while we not like vis reviews, he has attempted to remain objective and rational... abandoning much of his board fanaticism when he does such reviews.

end repost

'cause we had to admit saying such things eventually.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

if fergie pulled this deal off, and obsidian is in fact working on kotor 2, we think that he deserves some kinda special award. for a new development company to get a shot at doing what is guaranteed to be one of the most anticipated crpg sequels ever is without precedent.

I agree....

The world... as we know it... is about to end....

:)

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Why not just link to your post at Bioware?

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Why not just link to your post at Bioware?

the post script concerning vis was not part of our original post... was a couple posts later in the thread, and we did not want it to be missed.

*shrug*

does it really matter?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Compliments from Grom?"

we compliment folks all the time... is not that unusual. however, to see us compliment folks we had previously written off as incompetent is more than a little unusual. such reevaluation is either the result of some sea change on part of the incompetent in question, or requires that Gromnir admit that he was wrong... wrong, wrong, wrong. neither possibility particularly appeals to us, but we concede that the latter is the more likely of the two.

HA! Good Fun!

Canadians are a wily bunch. Fergus and co may be the perfect choice for KOTOR2 BECAUSE of the circumstances that led to your previous opinion.

"Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid."

John Keats

I think Gromnir's just getting older.

Why?

The older I get, the mellower and more forgiving I become. Like the other day, for example. I was walking through the park and there were these fifteen year old kids skateboarding, doing stunts and falling over.

When I was, say, thirty I'd think: Annoying middle-class brats in their baggy pants...idiots...bugger off and terrorize someplace else with your sneaky spliffs and pathetic attempts to talk like "street" kids when your folks pull down half a mil a year and send you skiing at Easter.....

Now I'm older and I saw these kids and thought: Wow, that skateboarding lark looks like fun...and it must take a lot of practice to do all that Tony Hawks stuff! Hey, at least they're all having fun with their friends and not sniffing glue....

See? Scary, isn't it? So Gromnir wasn't necessarily wrong in his assessment of FU or Visc. He's just mellowed a bit. Ha ha ha.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Maybe. But I don't think wisdom has a direct correlation with age.

Ah, but you miss my point. My initial assessment was possibly the wiser and more accurate one. My second was my newer one, but not necessarily the correct one. It's about attitude, not accuracy!

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG