Another Character Returning Poll

Besides Bastila (and T3-M4), which party member from the first KotOR would you want to see returning in the second, if you can only pick one?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Besides Bastila (and T3-M4), which party member from the first KotOR would you want to see returning in the second, if you can only pick one?

• Carth
    • Canderous
    • Mission
    • Zaalbar
    • Jolee
    • Juhani
    • HK-47

Bioboards stink man. I just heard your tale.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Bioboards stink man. I just heard your tale.

aw yes, the amazing tales of Eru and Raven, destroying the board 1 post at a time.

anyway, to put it back on topic.....

it would be nice to have a character besides t3 join your party. it would let you know a little more about revan

What do you think about Joseph Stalin then? He would fit perfectly...

This guy?

josephstalin.jpg

well, then you've got to include this guy

brainchild.jpg

and maybe throw in the The Terror, Ottoman Empress, ProtoClone, Chairface Chippendale and the Idea Men for good measure.

Spoon!

Party Members:

Jolee

Canderous

Non Party Members:

Yuthura Ban

Same as above.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hmmm...

What exactly made/makes Canderous such an interesting character? Not looking to start a flame war or bust anyone for their taste. I'm just curious why everyone seems to like the guy.

im not a big fan of him either, but i think people like how brutal he is

Hmmm...

What exactly made/makes Canderous such an interesting character? Not looking to start a flame war or bust anyone for their taste. I'm just curious why everyone seems to like the guy.

Mandalorians are cool...

im not a big fan of him either, but i think people like how brutal he is \

He ran around with a rather screwed idea of "honor" by killing and destroying almost anything in his way just becaus he could. Slap on stealth and a mask and you have a Predator that speaks basic. Was hoping there's more to why people like him then that.

Hmmm...

Canderous is instantly likeable because everything is cut and dry with him. It's hard to call him downright evil, but he's pretty unsympathetic and very gruff. Just listening to his war stories was a lot of fun, mainly because of the way he tells them. The only time I got sick of him was when he got all emotional about killing Jagi.

Canderous is instantly likeable because everything is cut and dry with him. It's hard to call him downright evil, but he's pretty unsympathetic and very gruff.

Welcome to your POV,as I said I'm curious. Have to disagree with that idea though, he killed because he had the power to do it. Sounds like an extreme bully to me. I'm bigger so you die? That's a tad more then unsympathetic.

Just listening to his war stories was a lot of fun, mainly because of the way he tells them. The only time I got sick of him was when he got all emotional about killing Jagi.

So when he showed he was more then a robot you disliked him?

The only characters that can be critical to TSL are those we know survived KotOR i.e. T3, HK and Canderous.

I agree with you that Canderous, HK-47, and T-3 should be the only characters besides Revan making an apperance in KOTOR 2 since all can't be killed in the first game. The only problem though is Obisidian would have to deal with the Bastila and Carth fanboy/fangirl death squads and that probably wouldn't be a pretty sight to say the least. I wouldn't mind it personally even though I am a Bastila fan because it makes the most sense in the end for me and IMHO would result in the best possible story for both lightside and darkside players from the first game.

Cheers!

I agree with you that Canderous, HK-47, and T-3 should be the only characters besides Revan making an apperance in KOTOR 2 since all can't be killed in the first game. The only problem though is Obisidian would have to deal with the Bastila and Carth fanboy/fangirl death squads and that probably wouldn't be a pretty sight to say the least. I wouldn't mind it personally even though I am a Bastila fan because it makes the most sense in the end for me and IMHO would result in the best possible story for both lightside and darkside players from the first game.

Because you want to see a character return in the game you're a fanboy/girl?

And isn't who appears in the game based around the conversation(s) at the start of the game? So for the most part won't the player be able to decide how things went down in Knights?

I could be off but everything I've seen about the conversations and the set up of the game was so they didn't step on the any of the choices that could be made in Knights.

Now Mission,Zal,Jolee,and Juhani all died if the character went dark correct? No matter what? I never played the DS.

So going light would take care of them.

Now in the case of Carth/Bas the player had the choice to kill them or not. So wouldn't it fit then,if they're trying not to step on anyone's choices,to allow some kind conversation option that has to do with that? To allow the player to decide if they died or not?

Welcome to your POV,as I said I'm curious. Have to disagree with that idea though, he killed because he had the power to do it. Sounds like an extreme bully to me. I'm bigger so you die? That's a tad more then unsympathetic.

There are bigger bullies than Canderous out there. I'm not saying he's the kind of guy that you'd want as a role model, just that he is solid and a lot of fun to talk to.

So when he showed he was more then a robot you disliked him?

It just didn't seem to fit his character very well, that's all. I can understand how the experience would change him, but for a moment I thought he was about to burst into tears.

There are bigger bullies than Canderous out there. I'm not saying he's the kind of guy that you'd want as a role model, just that he is solid and a lot of fun to talk to.

Bigger in power perhaps,his whole life was build around killing because he could. You can't get much more bully like then that.

It just didn't seem to fit his character very well, that's all. I can understand how the experience would change him, but for a moment I thought he was about to burst into tears.

After 40 some years he was starting to see that the life he'd lived wasn't everything he'd made it out to be. That's enough to bring damn near anyone close to tears I would think.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if Canderous isn't capable of crying at all. He's probably conditioned not to, kind of like how rednecks can cut their fingers off and still reach for a cold one...

Because you want to see a character return in the game you're a fanboy/girl?

And isn't who appears in the game based around the conversation(s) at the start of the game? So for the most part won't the player be able to decide how things went down in Knights?

I could be off but everything I've seen about the conversations and the set up of the game was so they didn't step on the any of the choices that could be made in Knights.

Now Mission,Zal,Jolee,and Juhani all died if the character went dark correct? No matter what? I never played the DS.

So going light would take care of them.

Now in the case of Carth/Bas the player had the choice to kill them or not. So wouldn't it fit then,if they're trying not to step on anyone's choices,to allow some kind conversation option that has to do with that? To allow the player to decide if they died or not?

That's why the only characters that can be critical are HK, T3, and Canderous. You cannot have anyone else be critical to the role because if you choose darkside dialogues they would be dead or gone.