Suggestions for a better sentinel.

We all know there are 2 types of players. Those who use lightsabers and those who focus on force powers.

Lightaber users become guardians and they have force jump, which enable them to do more damage in an opening attack.

Force users become consulars who get a bonus to make it harder for others to resist their force powers.

But what about sentinels? They do get a force resistance to fear etc, but thats all. A sentinel is not strong enough to survive a fight with a big lightsaber wielder, nor are they powerfull enough to use the force on all enemy bosses.

Now in TSL this problem has been addressed by giving the sentinel significantly more skill points than the other classes. But what else can be done? Should they gain more immunities and defence bonuses?

What about light/dark side mastery bonuses. The lightside +3 constitution was okay, but darkside poison immunity? They must have been joking!

So how would you improve on the sentinel?

Make the Sentinel not suck as much.

That is my recommendation.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I would think adding buffs made for only the sentinel would solve alot of the problems. I think one such buff could be better energy deflection (not only blaster but also force storm or life drain).

Make some powers cost less for them.

Give them a higher constitution over all (because it make more sense for gaurdian to have a higher strengh and for consular to have a higher wisdom imho anyway)

grant them a unique stance earlier on

stuff like that would help make them more useful, skills are ok but you will more than likely have party members that can do almost anything you can put skills into so why bother with that so much, I say just make them tougher in a fight so it doesn't take just one good enemy to kill you off.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Could you be more specific. :)

No.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

ged is right, i mean they re the 'police' of the jedi.... dont they get special training in trying to deflect incomming blaster fire and immobilizing their enemies ( considering you dont want to kill the criminal you're chasing).

so yeah more defensive bonusses. so instead of just: imunity stun, paralysis and fear

make it imunity stun +1 def, paralysis +2 def, fear +3 def

or give the saving throw bonuses.

Screw that constant fighting.

How about a given Force Camouflage (+5 to current stealth level), Awareness +5, Demolition & Security +5, Persuade +5, a free Stun and Affect Mind. Add an ability to use Affect Mind on enemies ('reds') to make them neutrals ('blues') and getting xp for this (preferrably more xp than a murder brings in).

How about dropping whole attackable/non-attackable statuses and having aggressive/non-agressive statuses, with DS points for initiating an attack on an non-aggressive target (and scripts to help story-bearing chars to escape destruction)? How about Drain/Fear/Plague/Kill giving a DS point every time they are used? (nb: I know that Lightning is supposed to do that too, it doesn't seem to make much sense to me in a hack-and-slash game)

Above anything else,I'd like to see them actually be between the other two classes.

More Force powers then a guardian but less the Con.

More feats then a Con but less then a guardian.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the sens have the same amount of powers as a guardian and the same amount of feats as a Con? So they got the worst from both classes.

Yeah the sentinel has exactly the same ammount of feats as a consular. A level 20 sentinel would have 9 feats. Not good enough. That would only do for 3 maxed feats.

It made no sense that a sentinel would have the same ammount of feats as a consular that focuses on the force and rarely uses sabers for combat.