The role of HK-47

We know that in the optional tutorial at the begining of TSL you control T3 makeing repears to the Ebon Hawk. We now know that HK is also aboard, so he is probably your tutor, explaining to newbees how to manage the controls.

We also know that droids started attacking the miners on Peragus soon after the Ebon Hawk was taken on board. Could this be something to do with the arrival of HK?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

maybe hk is behind the recent droid attackers. maybe he programmed them with assasination programming just to have fun watching those meatbags be killed by their own droids :)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Didnt Akari say that it is a "HK type droid" and not actually Hk47 himself?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

ya thats what ive been trying to tell people but they dont seem to hear me so i go with the flow. and it does kinda make sense if u watch the star wars movies cuz in all the movies both droids are there. i mean can u imagine R2 without 3PO?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Didnt Akari say that it is a "HK type droid" and not actually Hk47 himself?

He said a HK type droid, but didn't rule out HK-47. It's semantics designed to obfuscate.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The only way I can see that HK will be in your party at the begining of the game would be if Revan was dead/thought dead agian other wise why would HK abbandon revan? So I would think its more likely that it will just be a HK LIKE driod! Though I would like to see HK in the game agian I just can't see him being a member of the party agian. Another thing is they were so free about mentioning that T3 was coming back, so it begs the question if they were so free about that whats the difference with HK? I can't see why they would hold off on saying that HK was coming back since everyone liked HK and almost no one liked T3.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

One review stated, and I paraphrase:

"At the minig station of Peragus you encounter two very familiar droids. And if I have to tell you who those two droids are, then you haven't played KOTOR enough."

I take that to mean HK-47 is in. I really don't think they'd just drop HK after his ridiculous popularity. Especially not when they're keeping T3!

"You shall not pass!"

One review stated, and I paraphrase:

"At the minig station of Peragus you encounter two very familiar droids. And if I have to tell you who those two droids are, then you haven't played KOTOR enough."

I take that to mean HK-47 is in. I really don't think they'd just drop HK after his ridiculous popularity. Especially not when they're keeping T3!

Yeah but the question still remains why not just come out and say he is back?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, then it IS dear old Hk-47... Im pleased. Didnt make much sense replacing him since he is one of the only 3 chars survining unchanged with either ending.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

With HK-47 back at the beggining, I assume that with his connection to Revan that whatever the plotline involving Revan is will be a major one.

Indeed, HK-47 is Revans creation and kind of right hand (no matter if LS or DS). It should be no coincidence that he is onboard the Ebon Hawk. Maybe he has a stored message from Revan about the players mission.

Hopefully he wont have another memory crash that reduces him to level 1 :p

Whatever, things are cool as long as HK is in.

If my theory is correct HK-47 would not be a party member at the start, just giving instructions to T3 (you).

When the action switches to the PC it will probably be some time before you get back to the Ebon Hawk and add T3 to your party. HK might be their too, but I suspect he may be hostile.

maybe hk is behind the recent droid attackers.  maybe he programmed them with assasination  programming just to have fun watching those meatbags be killed by their own droids ;)

You know....that sounds goofy, but it could happen or atleast something like that. I agree with another poster, HK could be hostile. Then again the idea of him helping you find Revan could happen. Needless to say, this game will be freakin' sweet!

maybe hk is behind the recent droid attackers.  maybe he programmed them with assasination  programming just to have fun watching those meatbags be killed by their own droids ;)

You know....that sounds goofy, but it could happen or atleast something like that. I agree with another poster, HK could be hostile. Then again the idea of him helping you find Revan could happen. Needless to say, this game will be freakin' sweet!

Not until September 12 for me. With great consumer power, comes great buying responsibility. <_<

If my theory is correct HK-47 would not be a party member at the start, just giving instructions to T3 (you).

When the action switches to the PC it will probably be some time before you get back to the Ebon Hawk and add T3 to your party. HK might be their too, but I suspect he may be hostile.

I hope he is not hostile. The thing is, if T3 was giving us the tutorial, then we need a translator. I don't think even Revan understood what T3 was saying, so I'd guess HK might be giving translation. This would make sense, since HK is more of a battle droid than a utilty droid.

We know that in the optional tutorial at the begining of TSL you control T3 makeing repears to the Ebon Hawk. We now know that HK is also aboard, so he is probably your tutor, explaining to newbees how to manage the controls.

We also know that droids started attacking the miners on Peragus soon after the Ebon Hawk was taken on board. Could this be something to do with the arrival of HK?

Heh, i wouldn't be suprised.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope he is not hostile. The thing is, if T3 was giving us the tutorial, then we need a translator. I don't think even Revan understood what T3 was saying, so I'd guess HK might be giving translation. This would make sense, since HK is more of a battle droid than a utilty droid.

Wow....just like the OT!!! OMIGAWD!!! Maybe the KotOR series is a mirror of the OT?!! Could it be?!! :o

Also, just so you know, Mission was able to understand him, though I'm not sure how. :huh:

Indeed, good arguments guys. I am of the belief that Revan would be a noticeable presence in the game, if not an important one.

I find it TERRIBLY convenient that one of Revan's former soldiers would wake up in a mysterious mining station containing Revan's (former? Perhaps he still secretly owns it and intends only to let you keep it for the time being as he watches you). Coincidentally, Revan's assassin driod created specifically by him as an elite right hand alongside his chosen utility droid. Makes you wonder why there's so much story elements screaming REVAN as you begin.

This is my theory on Revan's involvement.

On the light side, when you beat Malak, he asked "What if our situations were switched? What if I lost my memory? Would things turn out the way things are?" I believe that Revan was confounded by this question. So, pondering this question, he arranges plans to have his next closest ally make the same choice--YOU. You are indeed the last remaining known Jedi, the last Jedi that has yet to amek this choice. Perhaps he wants to see, given the similar circumstances that he and Malak encountered, what choice you would make. You (the PC) would not know that the ship and driods were owned by Revan. You (the player) however WOULD probably suspect that Revan is involved somehow. Later on, Revan will probably show himself, after you have made the decision and perhaps adobt you as apprentice. THIS may be the master/apprentice relationship.

As for the dark side, I think the story arc still works. He will want to see if you turn dark side and perhaps together as his right hand you can help Revan usurp the other Sith Lords that have threatened his top position. This AGAIN may probably turn into the dark side master/apprentice relationship.

I believe that this is Malak's legacy in the sequel.

Indeed, good arguments guys. I am of the belief that Revan would be a noticeable presence in the game, if not an important one.

I find it TERRIBLY convenient that one of Revan's former soldiers would wake up in a mysterious mining station containing Revan's (former? Perhaps he still secretly owns it and intends only to let you keep it for the time being as he watches you). Coincidentally, Revan's assassin driod created specifically by him as an elite right hand alongside his chosen utility droid. Makes you wonder why there's so much story elements screaming REVAN as you begin.

This is my theory on Revan's involvement.

On the light side, when you beat Malak, he asked "What if our situations were switched? What if I lost my memory? Would things turn out the way things are?" I believe that Revan was confounded by this question. So, pondering this question, he arranges plans to have his next closest ally make the same choice--YOU. You are indeed the last remaining known Jedi, the last Jedi that has yet to amek this choice. Perhaps he wants to see, given the similar circumstances that he and Malak encountered, what choice you would make. You (the PC) would not know that the ship and driods were owned by Revan. You (the player) however WOULD probably suspect that Revan is involved somehow. Later on, Revan will probably show himself, after you have made the decision and perhaps adobt you as apprentice. THIS may be the master/apprentice relationship.

As for the dark side, I think the story arc still works. He will want to see if you turn dark side and perhaps together as his right hand you can help Revan usurp the other Sith Lords that have threatened his top position. This AGAIN may probably turn into the dark side master/apprentice relationship.

I believe that this is Malak's legacy in the sequel.

I hope thats not it b/c i dont want to be a apprentance i want to be a Master.