Class Skills

Will the "class skills" (skills that take only one point to add) for the initial Jedi classes be different in KOTOR2 than in KOTOR1?

In KOTOR1 you started as non-Jedi and moved up to Jedi, and because they "carried over" it wasn't a big deal. But in KOTOR2 you start as a Jedi. So going by KOTOR1:

Guardian & Sentinel get: Awareness, Persuasion, and Treat Injury as class skills

Consular gets: Computer Use, Demolitions, Awareness Persuasion, Repair, and Treat Injury as class skills

That means you need to cough up an extra skill point if you want to enjoy Repair's new use at workplace and are not a consular. (unless they let someone else's repair skill count)

Sens might end up being a better class in Sith Lords because of the role skills are going to play in the game. More skills equals more options to be explored and opened up.

Not to mention that Obsidian my change the number of skills earned by each class around a little because there is no cross classing.

You're probably right about Sentinels.

Then again, I wonder if other characters will be able to do repair work. Usually if there is a workbench, it means you're alone on the Ebon Hawk. Awareness will also be a useful skill for dialogue options now.

You're probably right about Sentinels.

Then again, I wonder if other characters will be able to do repair work.  Usually if there is a workbench, it means you're alone on the Ebon Hawk.  Awareness will also be a useful skill for dialogue options now.

Or at least a boost in Intelligence......I'm thinking on being a Consular with higher intelligence my first go round.

As for being alone on the Ebon Hawk, they could always change that of course.

As for Treat Injury being useful somewhere else....I hope so. I hope they make all the skills have something special about them, even if it is only limited to the PC having it and not caring about whether or not the NPCs have them (some work around to make sure the PC is always alone at a point when this happens perhaps, just so it doesn't seem so silly?). I think it would add some replay value to the game (although I will most definitely be a persuasive Consular when I am a Consular).

As for awareness, where did you hear about that Ender? I would imagine it would be similar to the Intelligence checks in Fallout or something, where you could get the idea that someone is not telling you the truth or something.

Will the "class skills" (skills that take only one point to add) for the initial Jedi classes be different in KOTOR2 than in KOTOR1?

In KOTOR1 you started as non-Jedi and moved up to Jedi, and because they "carried over" it wasn't a big deal. But in KOTOR2 you start as a Jedi. So going by KOTOR1:

Guardian & Sentinel get: Awareness, Persuasion, and Treat Injury as class skills

Consular gets: Computer Use, Demolitions, Awareness Persuasion, Repair, and Treat Injury as class skills

That means you need to cough up an extra skill point if you want to enjoy Repair's new use at workplace and are not a consular. (unless they let someone else's repair skill count)

come on just make another glich (fake level up)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I read in a magazine that the pc and npc's can do acrobatic moves like jedi academy. Ifthat article is true then it will give the game more depth.

I don't think it will be possible to the extent in Jedi Academy. The engine probably won't allow for it.

I read in a magazine that the pc and npc's can do acrobatic moves like jedi academy. Ifthat article is true then it will give the game more depth.

I think this is just extra animations, not extra abilities.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I used it plenty of times.  Disarming mines mostly.

Your characters would get so powerful that you could run right over them withot being hurt!

If you disarm the mines you can take 'em down t' shop and flog 'em (Yorkshire accent).

I suspect Demolitions may have "Workbench" applications in TSL. Mines could be converted into grenades or rockets, or visa versa.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I used it plenty of times.  Disarming mines mostly.

Your characters would get so powerful that you could run right over them withot being hurt!

If you disarm the mines you can take 'em down t' shop and flog 'em (Yorkshire accent).

I suspect Demolitions may have "Workbench" applications in TSL. Mines could be converted into grenades or rockets, or visa versa.

That would be very useful, especially if they limited the availibilty of grenades and rockets in shops.

Mines were fun to disarm and steal. And then go around in circles dropping them. Heh.

As for the acrobatics, it'll most likely be similar to how when you'd dual wield you'd flip around and whack your enemy with your back to them. Unlikely to happen in a real swordmatch (fencing, yum) but still pleasing to see graphically.

Also, don't keep your hopes too high. Some *cough* information people have read has been wrong.

Fnord.

As for the acrobatics, it'll most likely be similar to how when you'd dual wield you'd flip around and whack your enemy with your back to them. Unlikely to happen in a real swordmatch (fencing, yum)

Yah, I do fencing and the most acrobatic thing I have ever done or seen is either leaping away, leaping foward, or ducking under a blade (that's rare and not really practical, but doing it once every couple matches can suprise people and let you trick them into giving you a point).

I hope SW KOTOR 2 doesn't make their acrobatics too over the top like in SW episode 2. I will now preform a quadrupal flilp while spinning in a cork screw motion to nick this little bug with my sword that will cut through it no matter how hard I swing.