If Jedi arent allowed to love?

You know, just because they aren't suppose to love doesn't mean they can't have sex.  :rolleyes:

Bingo! :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

if the force can really be past on genetically... why do the sith not bread like hell then? would make sens wouldn't it? they don't care for the jedi- rules and they want to destroy the jedi. if they would have lots of children there chances would be much better.(the only sith- lord known to have children is Darth Vader!)

if the force can really be past on genetically... why do the sith not breed like hell then? would make sens wouldn't it? they don't care for the jedi- rules and they want to destroy the jedi. if they would have lots of children there chances would be much better.(the only sith- lord known to have children is Darth Vader!)

(typo edited by me)

Hehehe... gives the Starforge new potential :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it not possible that the midichlorians are inherent within some of the various species in the galaxy, but on occasion, the midichlorian count is "high" in some offspring, and if that child shows some force sensitivisy, they ship them off to Jedi camp?

I'd assume that would be the case. Not the Jedi being an exclusive midichlorian breeding pool. heh

Maybe the point is the Jedi Council FEARS Jedi breeding, which could end up making a SUPAR JEDI that quite possibly could be a really bad thing?

Think about it, if Revan and Bastila hav a kid, they get an emotional attachment to it.

If Revan or Bastila, or the kid for that matter, is killed by say, a sith. The survivors out of the 3, will most likely seek vengeance, which will evetually lead to the darkside.

If u hav any of those 3 darkside, especially Revan, it wont be good for the jedi will it.

Lets not forget jedi hav feelings to and they aint just spirtualist monks.

They r also diplomats and warriors (peacekeepers for the most part). I mean Bastila showed that jedi hav real feelings with her mother issues (and if u do the romance angle with her as Revan male), and what about Jhuhani and Jolee (i know he is a neutral jedi).

Then there is Anakin Skywalker, and Luke Skywalker aswell (Anakin marrying Padme, Luke marrying Mara Jade)

My point is if family members if murdered will always cause people to be angry, even jedi.

Force may be channeled through breeding but Force itself is mystical power that balances the Universe. It can choose someone to sensitive to it. So bloodlines are only one way to get the force.

Love issue is simple. Not in all times jedi weren't allowed to love and in KOTOR times according to EU material jedi were allowed to marry - like nomi sunrider or Sylvar. Devs screwed things and mixed Eras. They actually showed us jedi ethics

from Episode I TPM when order was rotten. I wouldn't believe in all what video game tells you cause more important are official EU sources. Remember about it non-fans.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Of course they're going to be upset. Sh!t happening isn't a very good reason to abandon everything you believe in, however. Someone who does that shouldn't be trained as a jedi, because he doesn't have what it takes to be a one.

True, true, but even jedi masters could hav trouble controlling emotions that strong.

Anakin got training, and never controled his emotions to well, yet he still brought the force back into balance.

Luke was never taught to control his emotion by ObiWan, he had to learn himself, and he still became a jedi master.

Revan and Bastila were sent on the quest for the starforge both as padawans. Bastila with less training than most would hav for a mission of this importance, and Revan will little at all, and certainly no training to control his emotions.

If the romance angle between these 2 is in KOTOR2, would the jedi coucil hav forced them to be taught to press there emotions deep down, or since it was so far along, would they hav left them to there own devices. (Of course the romance is only for male Revan and Bastila)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

This is silly, I thought that Jedi were found, in Episode one, it is said that young people with a talent are encoraged to be Jedi, Anakin being a slave on Tatooine was overlooked. I see the whole Jedi thing being like that of a priest, a child is found from two non jedi parents, (like bastillas parents) and encoraged to be a Jedi, they give up all relationships and spend their life fighting for the greater good.

They are not spirtual monks, hidden away learning to be at one with naturre, they are more like priests vicors and samaritans. They have to be there for people who need them and go and help those in need. they have to love everything and everybody, but not in an intermate way.

I think of the Jedi as being the UN or Red Cross, intergalactic peace keepers who put 100% of themselves into their jobs. What parent wouldnt want to pack their child up and send them of to Jedi camp.

I always thought this was the idea of Darth Vador, The force is Good but also cold and unimotionable, and in the end Anakin prooves that Love and feeling are the greater good, when he puts the life of his son over all the power of the dark side, it wasnt reasoning in the end that difeated the dark jedi but emotion something the old jedi ways frowned apon. but who knows, apart from Lucas himself.

"True, true, but even jedi masters could hav trouble controlling emotions that strong."

Says who? And besides, I don't see lightsabers being banned just because some retard might cut off his own limbs with it.

"Luke was never taught to control his emotion by ObiWan, he had to learn himself, and he still became a jedi master."

I don't really see what this has to do with the subject at hand.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Says who? And besides, I don't see lightsabers being banned just because some retard might cut off his own limbs with it.

I think u missed the point. Jedi masters hav feelings, despite keeping them in check extremly well. I didnt say nowt bout sabers being banned.

I don't really see what this has to do with the subject at hand.

The point is that Luke had to learn himself to control his emotions, based on the newer jedi teachings of love being banned. He still fell in love with Mara Jade. So perhaps the jedi council from episode1 onwards were perhaps a little short sited about love, only seeing its path to the darkside, and not how it can be lightside aswell.

Plus u dont seemed to hav mentioned anything on the Revan and Bastila bit i put in my last post. I think i got u there eh.

Edited by KOTORFanactic