Shrek 2

ramza

I just watched the movie and I found it pretty neat! There were many scenes that were hilarious: I especially liked when the cat was staring with its huge cute eyes... :lol:

That film was really funny and was as good as the first one and I hope they will make a part 3... It's nice how the producer manages to take scenes from other movies and replaces them in Shrek's world context and presents them in a funny way! I hadn't laughed like that for a long time!

Do you have the same thoughts about it?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Best movie I've seen this summer. Absolutely fabulous :lol:

It's one of those rare cases where the sequel was better than the first movie, and Shrek was pretty damned fantastic. Looking forward to #3 if they can maintain that degree of quality.

newlogo.gif

I actually thought it was a POS compared to the original. The story was cut and dry and the funny jokes were few and far between. In the first movie the story was fresh and rather original, especially since it didn't have the typical Disney "bad guy". He was more of an egotistical little prat then evil.

In the second movie the character development also takes a back seat. None of the new characters are really interesting and all the old characters have already been developed. I think the character development is what really helped the first one to be good.

I would say more about how I didn't like the story in the second one, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to go see it.

I thought 2 was very clever, with great dialogue and a fantastic degree of detail and little "reference" points. The characters may not have been as well developed, but I thought the treatment of those characters was much sharper than in the original.

newlogo.gif

Best movie I've seen this summer wans't even in theatres. I haven't seen Shrek 2; but it's probably just like Shrek 1. A fun little movie with stolen bits from the past. Nothing new but a worthwhile watch.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I liked this movie a lot. It has a great 'storming the castle' bit. And PnB and his huge eyes is the best thing ever.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I was worried that the movie would gimmick itself out too much for marketing toys, but it was pretty much on par with the first one.

My only beef with Shrek 2 was how the soundtrack dominated several scenes. They had such success with Smashmouth's "I'm a Believer" cover in the first movie, that they tried to recreate that magic several times. And while in the first film the song capped off a movie well into denoucement mode, the songs in Shrek 2 were a little jarring in the middle of the movie. But overall, Shrek 2 was still quite funny.

I don't think the music was any more dominant than in the first one. And Shrek 2 did feature Tom Waits and Nick Cave, both in the seedy bar (loved the Unhappy Hour sign).

I can't wait for The Incredibles.

newlogo.gif

Ah, I think it really comes down to I found the first one to be incredibly funny, while the second one hardly got a peep out of me. ;)

Wow, personally I hurt when I left the theater I was laughing so much, while the first one didn't come close(but was still good)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ah, I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it :p

I am looking forward to the next Pixar movie though.

The incredibles looks.... incredible. :D

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It took a while to get going, but it was good fun. Shrek 3 was announced shortly after Shrek 2, it's currently in the story-boarding stage of development and is due for release in 2006, probably Q4. http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0413267/

While Shrek 3 will likely happen, IMDB has pages up for many movies in development hell. Having an IMDB page doesn't mean a movie will happen. Before X-Men 2 was released, they had a page up for X-Men 3, with a release date. Said release date has passed, and they haven't hired script writers for X-Men 3 yet, nor decided upon a general story.